I really want Jeff Buttle to skate one last time at Vancouver | Golden Skate

I really want Jeff Buttle to skate one last time at Vancouver

christinaskater

Medalist
It's my dream of mine to see him skate in Vancouver!

After seeing his program in Japan Open, I really want him to skate there! I I think he can make some magic happen there!

He is simply the best male skater out there in terms of totality. He's just breathtaking! :clap::clap::clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's wonderful, but I don't think he will compete as an Olympic eligible again. I think he's happy/at peace with last year's decision. That said, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll do an exhibiton performance in Vancouver (in the opening or closing ceremonies?). :love: :party:

merrybari

Final Flight
He's wonderful, but I don't think he will compete as an Olympic eligible again. I think he's happy/at peace with last year's decision. That said, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll do an exhibiton performance in Vancouver (in the opening or closing ceremonies?). :love: :party:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him as an invited skater during the exhibition in Vancouver and hope it happens. ITA he's at peace and content with his decision to enjoy the show/performance side of skating. With all the hullabaloo of the "yes the quad is a must to win" v "the reward isn't worth the risk" - who knows if he - or any skater - will actually NEED one or not. Why put himself through all that when he's so totally joyous with what he's doing now. I think that alone is one of the things that is making his skating so magical now. Add back the pressure of competition - who knows?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I agree. I have seen Jeff skate a couple of times in Vancouver. As far as competing, I am afraid Jeff has "hung" up those skates; however I do hope he continues to skate and I would not be surprised to see him part of the Olympic ceremony here in Vancouver - we love Jeff here. I would nominate him to light the Olympic torch!!

:agree:

christinaskater

Medalist
I think he's waited all his life for this moment

He will always be world champion and he has nothing left to loose

I'd like to see him have a go on the Olympic gold he so rightfully deserves heheheh on home soil!

shine

Record Breaker
I agree. I have seen Jeff skate a couple of times in Vancouver. As far as competing, I am afraid Jeff has "hung" up those skates; however I do hope he continues to skate and I would not be surprised to see him part of the Olympic ceremony here in Vancouver - we love Jeff here. I would nominate him to light the Olympic torch!!

:agree:
Wouldn't you need a lot more credentials to light the Olympic torch?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would not be surprised to see him part of the Olympic ceremony here in Vancouver - we love Jeff here.

I would imagine the figure skaters likely to be part of the Olympic Ceremony in Canada will be Sale/Pelletier (2002 shared gold), Elvis Stojko (1994 & 1998 silver), Brian Orser (1984 & 1988 silver), Elizabeth Manley (1988 silver), Brasseur/Eisler (1992 & 1994 bronze), and Jeffrey Buttle (2006 bronze), all Olympic & World medalists.

stevlin

On the Ice
about Jeff Buttle and a song.

:)Does anyone know if there is a video of Jeffrey skating to a song called 'Angels" Or "I"m Loving Angels instead"? I would love to see it. Thank you.