Record Breaker
for C I have
ladies - Bebe
men - US dude with the really long name lol
pairs - Amanda and Mark (I think)
dance - Xintong Huang/Xun Zheng

Wicked

Final Flight
We have almost the same C team, Tonichelle. I have Bebe, Armin, Dong/Wu, and Huang/Zheng. Is it me, or is this competition really hard to pick?

sk8indel

On the Ice
I think we may have the same c team. :) I find it actually easier to do C than B, especially in the men and ladies this time.

Would you mind sharing the name of your team, sk8indel? I'm always interested to see how the other GS guys do.

ETA: In the ladies I went for Diane Szmiett.

I have the Amazing Axels

I'm not all too concerned on how I actually do, I'm just thrilled that my parents finally say that I'm old enough to play this year :)

Wicked

Final Flight
I actually thought she did rather well, considering how she performed at Japan Open but I looked at the scores only.

At least she did better than Diane Szmiett;)

Bebe's in 9th place. This will not help me, especially since I picked Joannie too! Man I hope she gets it together for the long.

Wicked

Final Flight
Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Bebe. She is doing the best among the C group skaters. I just hoped she might place 6th or 7th, rather than 9th. Hopefully she'll surprise me in the long.

I also have Oda, but I couldn't trust Mirai. I took Suzuki instead.

sk8indel

On the Ice
Great picks, I have Oda too but Nagasu was completely under my radar.

I have Joannie too, but I guess it can only get better in the LP, I'm happy with the pairs, men are ok, ladies not so much and Dance is more or less are foregone conclusion.

I also took Joannie and Bingwa, and I'm happy how well Jinlin is doing for being C.

sk8indel

On the Ice
I got 2067 points from this event...it's my first so idk how that is

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I came in 85th at CoC and am 165th overall. I feel respectable, at least. :p And finally a double digit finish at an event for Wickedly Iced! :)

A question for those who played last year- wasn't Bebe a Group B skater last year? Now she is C.

I love fantasy figure skating too!

Last edited:

sk8indel

On the Ice
my c team for nhk is
Ladies C
Yan Liu, CHN
Men's C
Daisuke Murakami, JPN
Pairs C
Ksenia Krasilnikova/Konstantin Bezmaternikh, RUS
Ice Dancing C
Cathy Reed/Chris Reed, JPN

Mickies

Spectator
USFSA Fantasy Skating

I signed up for the USFSA fantasy skating contest after reading about it here. :love: My first week, Mickies Marauders finished
111t, at the the Cup Of Russia. I tried a different strategy for Cup
Of China. My gosh, it worked! My club scored 2121 points, a top-five finish. This week I will probably select only the chalk and
return back to earth.:p

Mickies

Spectator
Hey Wicked, I have to admit luck played a big role in last week's finish. I don't expect to repeat. To improve my position, I had
printed four "cheat sheets" (season best total scores for each discipline). This way you can spot top values in the B and C categories. I always wait for the announced starting orders
before sending in my picks. If I am not familiar with the skater
or couple, I click their name(s) for bio info and scoring history.
Good luck. Your club should clean up this week.

Wicked

Final Flight
Your club should clean up this week.

I got utterly and totally crushed. Men and ladies just killed me. I had Sarah Meier, and she WITHDREW! I think you get no points from that skater when that happens. Sigh. Dance and pairs at least kept me on life support here.

sk8indel

On the Ice
I don't really have much of a secret. If I know the skater/skaters are very good or if I skate at the same rink as a skater (Wagner) I pick them. Otherwise I go on to icenetwork and look at the placements of the skater/team in recent years and pick which one has the highest. The problem with that is some of the C teams aren't on icenetwork bios and then I just do a random pick :)
I picked Ando, Wagner, and Liu for ladies, Joubert,Rippon, and Murakami for mens, Pang/Tong, Denney/Barrett, and the russians with long k names for pairs, and Davis/White,Crone/Poirier, and Reed/Reed for dance

sk8indel

On the Ice
Omg! This is my second event on fantasy figure skating ever and on this most recent GP event I am ties for 4th!! I'm so happy that I am finally old enough to play this year :)

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
Withdrawals really hurt. Does anyone dare to pick Sasha or Emily?
Sasha isn't even listed. Did I miss something?

ETA: She's out. I see. Well, at least we don't have to take a gamble on her.

I would have picked Sasha if she'd been there. But I finished 500-somethingth at NHK, so I may not be the best judge.