U.S. Figure Skating Fantasy Challenge | Page 3 | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skating Fantasy Challenge

Mickies

Spectator
Skate America Fantasy Skating Picks

Let's face it, Yu-Na Kim should finish 30 points better than
the Ladies silver medalist. I figured Sasha Cohen would
scratch. I wonder how well Emily Hughes competes at Lake Placid?

In the Men's event, I selected Tomas Verner over Evan
Lysacek. I guess Verner has never beaten Lysacek...this
could mark his first triumph. Brandon Mroz rates as my darkhorse pick. Men's C selections look like a toss-up.

The Pairs event looks highly competitive. A slight lean to Xue Shen/Hongbo Zhao...Pairs B and C fields appear very close.

The favorites should waltz through the Ice Dancing competition.
Pick the chalk in these categories.

My team fell to T67 for NHK Trophy and like a yo-yo will rise once more. :biggrin:

sk8indel

On the Ice
I was ted for 4th in the last event, I'm not going to be so happy this time, my pair B team withdrew

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well whaddya know, I picked Ryan this last time around... go me! ha ha (the rest of my stuff sucked though

Wicked

Final Flight
The men and ladies are killing me. I was just fine in pairs and dance. I don't know what to do about picking Patrick. Haven't seen anything from him so I'm just not sure.

Wicked

Final Flight
I went with Patrick and Michal. Took Joannie and Mirai in the ladies. I hope I don't go down in flames once again!

Mickies

Spectator
Oh well, I selected dead last C-level entries once again to sink my chances this week. I am glad Jeremy Abbott bounced back to win Skate Canada. Jeremy will successfully defend his national title; that is my prediction. I thought Stephen Carriere could rebound in Kitchener, Ontario, too. How did Patrick Chan earn greater than 130 points for his ice sweeper free skate?

Darn, Alissa Czisny started off nicely and then unraveled midway through her free skate. I had picked Joannie Rochette for the easy victory.

Good to see Savchenko / Szolkowy return to championship form, they performed like world champions.

As for the Grand Prix Finals, I am going to lean toward the underdogs with a few heavy favorites in the mix.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
Once again, I did great in ice dance, the discipline where I swear I know the least! And I stunk up a storm with the men. How does this keep happening? Pairs and ladies were okay and I placed decently, rather than horribly, this week.

Wicked

Final Flight
Okay, what are you guys doing for the GPF?

Here's mine-

Men- Nobu and Jeremy
Ladies- Yu-Na and Akiko (got a feeling about Akiko)
Pairs- Xue & Hongbo and Yuko & Alexander (I cannot resist these two! I know I have a serious problem.)
Dance- Meryl & Charlie and Anna & Luca (I can't resist these two either.)

Am I a bit nuts, totally nuts, or certifiable?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
men I have Evan and I forget whoelse...
ladies I have yuna and akiko
Pairs S/Z and M/T
dance V/M and I can't remember

lol

Wicked

Final Flight
I got killed at GPF. Won the ladies, got crushed on the men, bad in the pairs, and meh on dance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
FYI - US Nationals and Euros is up on the fantasy game cards... go pick your skaters!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Lordy, I've never had such trouble with my picks! For both US and Euros. May just have to revert to eenie, meenie, miney, mo method, as trying to logic or scores-analysis my way through this is getting nowhere fast.

Wicked

Final Flight
I always eenie, meenie, miney, mo the group C skaters. I feel kind of good about it actually.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
Halfway through US Nats and I am tied for 41st. This will not last, I just know it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yikes, how'd you end up doing that poorly? who'd you pick in your A category??? LOL

I called the pairs national champs... should have gone with amanda and mark over brooke and ben, that's what I get for going with my favorite team

men I went with Evan (because he's yummy), Keegan Messing (because I can) and... ummm... I don't know someone that did really well in the B category :laugh:

hopefully my ladies and dance picks do as well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:laugh: oh you over analyzed... as far as C skaters go if I don't know a thing about any of them I just go with whatever name I like most :laugh: it's worked so far!