New message from Yu-na. | Golden Skate

New message from Yu-na.

Marie_S

Rinkside
Update on Yu-na Kim - Stronger than last season

Just found a short article with Yu-na's new messages.
There's no big surprises but I'm so glad to hear that she's in great condition.

Here's a brief summary for you. (I could have made minor mistakes while translating - the article's written in Korean.)

Overall, Yu-na seems to be pretty confident about the upcoming season.
"I feel stronger both physically and technically than last season." says she, and her new combination jumps(3Lz-3T) are as successful as the old ones. (I never worry about Yu-na's jumps. They're always so clean, fully rotated and gorgeous!)

She also says she can't wait to show her new programs and she's been working really hard on those with David Wilson. She even watched all the 007 movies related to her SP! (Oh, and she won't be wearing pants, to my disappointment.)

Last edited:

SusieH

On the Ice

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Thank you for the videos! I'm so glad she's in good condition! And thank goodness she won't be wearing pants!

willileah

Spectator
yuna looks like she's in GREAT shape!! XD
her 3lz-3t combinations look rock solid, and her flips look perfect too.
can't wait till trophee eric bompard!
oh and thanks for the vid :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thank you for the videos! I'm so glad she's in good condition! And thank goodness she won't be wearing pants!

How do you know she is not wearing pants in SP? I'd love if she wear pants.....just right for a Bond girl. If a dress at least not that shown in the clip.....must be something more sexy.

Agree that she looks in good condition though :clap:

Marie_S

Rinkside
Yu-na not wearing pants

How do you know she is not wearing pants in SP? I'd love if she wear pants.....just right for a Bond girl. If a dress at least not that shown in the clip.....must be something more sexy.

Yu-na says that she doesn't feel comfortable in pants. (This was also in the article) But she might wear pants for her Gala. I'm sure she'd look great in whatever she wears for 007.

feraina

Record Breaker
Her 3F looks a lot better. Did she change the entry or something? No sign of lipping, and in one she had a definite inside edge. :clap:

But the 3Z-3T, the 3T looked UR'ed to me. Hope she has it cleaned up by competition time.

willileah

Spectator
Her 3F looks a lot better. Did she change the entry or something? No sign of lipping, and in one she had a definite inside edge. :clap:

But the 3Z-3T, the 3T looked UR'ed to me. Hope she has it cleaned up by competition time.

Nah, I don't think she changed her entrance or anything, it looks like the same 3-turn to me. I think it's just easier for yuna to control the jumps because she doesn't have to put 3T after.
Her flips look almost same to me, but bit lighter. You know what I mean? :p

Her 3T looks fine.. pretty tight, but still fully rotated.
Even if it was underotated, I wouldn't worry about her rotations, she rarely gets downgraded in competitions.

(edit)
And just adding my personal thoughts.... if her 3T in the vid gets downgraded, than almost all the ladies' combination jumps should be downgraded also... lol

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Yuna looks FIT!!
I'm surprised people can detect UR from that video. Of the two 3l-3t from the clip, one didn't show the blades, and the other one was so fast I couldn't even tell. Perhaps it has to do with her lutz being higher than her flip, making the 3t look lower in comparison?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Well, if she is "in better shape now than she was last year" the other ladies better just hang it up now. She looks great from the clips.
I still hate the short program music, but feel optimistic about the long.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

In the end it looks like they are criticizing the jump, saying that her blade swinging around a bit on the landing was actually the jump not being fully rotated.

It was rotated quite a bit past the 1/4 turn mark. Would absolutely not get downgraded in competition.

Although, I'm not sure how I feel about this 3Lz-3T combo anyway. Her 3F-3T was explosive and she went into it fearlessly with tons of speed. This new combo doesn't seem as exciting.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Regarding her short program, she said it will be a program that audience can enjoy, rather than a program for competitions. We will see what she means very soon:biggrin:

meaning that she is turning it into an exhibition? or maybe she means that it is a program geared to the audince not the judges. If that were true that would be foolish, as it seems that the skating world swoons no matter what she does. She should have just kept Dance Macarbe.