Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eurosport - Grand Prix Series?

Rinkside

Eurosport - Grand Prix Series?

Does anyone know if Eurosport (particularly British Eurosport) will be showing the Grand Prix events this year? They did last year, first time in many years I believe, and it was great! They even showed some of Junior Worlds. I'm worried last year may have been a one-off, but I hope not.

Custom Title
    Whether they have announced it or not, we can probably count on TEB. I don't know about the other events.

Custom Title
    Hope British Eurosport does cover the GP. Love the commentators - so positive and enthusiastic re: all skaters. And not TOO much gab.

As far as I know there won't be GP-coverage because of copyright reasons. Several people wrote to Eurosport and asked.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    As far as I know there won't be GP-coverage because of copyright reasons. Several people wrote to Eurosport and asked.
    If this is true, it's rather disappointing news. I wish Eurosport sorted it out. No matter how chaotic their coverage of GP events was at times, there still was a coverage.

We should know about TEB in a few days, because they publish their schedules two weeks ahead on the website. I don't care if they show TEB, as I'll probably not be able to see any of it on TV, but I'd love for them to broadcast CoC (For Shen and Zhao) and NHK.

I love the commentators for the British Eurosport. Even my boyfriend has made reference to how he likes them as well.

I got an answer from nordic eurosport today.

About rights they pointed out that "Eurosport often broadcasts the same pictures in 59 countries. Certain events might be hard to get the rights for if one or more national channels in these countries bid high to get the event exclusive for their nation." Like e g some french channel really wanted TEB?

The conclusion of the letter was "We got the rights late last year so there might still be hope."

Personally I am pessimistic. TEB is not on their schedules. Mostly football and our old enemy snooker that weekend.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    The conclusion of the letter was "We got the rights late last year so there might still be hope."
    Well, at least that doesn't sound definitive. I'd watch or hdr teb if it was on Eurosport.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Personally I am pessimistic. TEB is not on their schedules. Mostly football and our old enemy snooker that weekend.
    Oh, that is a sneaky and devious enemy . It already ruined last year's TEB broadcast, and now again... How can anyone watch snooker? I can understand playing, it looks like fun, but it's sooooo boring to watch.

Oh, no... I wanted to see it live, now the only hope is live internet streams... Gosh, why snooker again? I hate it

Edgy Details
    Everyone interested in GP on Eurosport - email them! If they see a lot of interest, maybe they will do something about it. I already emailed them.

If anyone has the relevant email addres for Eurosport UK i'd be more than happy to email them. A 20 minute search of their website proved fruitles and i wrote to them at an email address someone sugested on an other board but i don't think anyone received it.

Ant

Custom Title
    Have you ever tried to call eBay on the telephone? :banging:

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Have you ever tried to call eBay on the telephone? :banging:
    Don't even get me started on ebay. Someone had hacked into my account and changed the password so i could no longer log into it....do you know how long it took me to try to find out what i need to do? I got stuck in a "you must log on to your account" loop with trying to contact anyone!

The long and short of it is - they provide a chat window support which did prove to be useful, even if the person on the other end was a little impatient!

Ant

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast