Emily Hughes ? | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes ?

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, Can someone feed me of any news about her?? Has she retired ?? Do not seem to see her name no where.... thanks

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hi, Can someone feed me of any news about her?? Has she retired ?? Do not seem to see her name no where.... thanks

She is going to try and come back this season, she is taking a year off Harvard to devote herself to skating full-time. I don't think she is doing any GP assignments, and I think she will have to go through regionals and sectionals if she wants to make it to Nationals (but feel free to correct me on this).

dewey

Rinkside
She wants to try for a second Olympic team. She has to compete at North Atlantic Regionals this weekend, then Sectionals later in the fall.

Wicked

Final Flight
I saw her at the Michael Weiss show last month. She looked good but not great, but the sound system was really acting up during her program. She skated her Gone with the Wind program. I think she will have a tough time making the team.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I honestly think Emily just wants to skate good for herself, to see where it leads her, but if she's injured obviously that's not possible. She needs to rest her injury properly, have more time to train, et al.

Both she & Kimmie Meissner are still young, and if they want (have the desire) to come back later, the world is their oasis. It's all up to them. Either way, I wish them the best in whatever path they choose in life, be it skating & school combined, or something entirely different.

Good Luck, Emily! :)

dewey

Rinkside
Unless an injury acts up, she should make it through Regionals with no problem. Her major competition will be Angela Maxwell and Taylor Firth. Even if she places behind both of them, she will proceed Sectionals.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Maxwell should have a bye to Nationals due to JGP results - I believe she's going to qualify for the final, right?