Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75

Thread: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 News and practice reports

  1. #46
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,149
    At this rate it's not clear Mao will win the silver. Which begs the question even more, why aren't their more practice reports/videos of the other ladies who might have a good chance of medaling? Not to mention the other disciplines, indeed!

    I looooove Mao, but I can't decide which I want more: for Mao to go to a new coach, or for Caroline to go to a new coach. They both need it desperately. I'm so upset with how Tarasova has been managing Mao's programs and training last season and this. Mao, bring back at least one of those 3-3's, and stick with one 3A, you had much better success rates on the 3-3, and the much riskier 2 3A-layout doesn't even bring you extra base TES! And those programs. Argh. Bells for LP, okay, but please, swap Masquerade for Caprice for the short. Oh, please, please. It would just be amazing!

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    133
    report from icenetwork

    sorry, still very Yu-na heavy! but at least the first part is about Caroline [Zhang]

    according to the reporter's twitter, "Adam Rippon's 3A is very sharp." Good for him!

    ETA: Jumping on the bandwagon for petitioning to substitute Caprice for Masquerade! I love Caprice. I liked Masquerade just fine. I just don’t particularly want to see it again, and Caprice is so gorgeous!
    Last edited by SusieH; 10-15-2009 at 08:28 PM.

  3. #48
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,134
    Loved YuNa's program, and she is in great form. She really has beautiful jumps. I really like how she maintains her flow going into and coming out of her jumps, so pleasing to the eye. I like the choreo and music in her program it is playful and engaging. A nice change. Of course YuNa makes it all look so easy.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    I've been looking around for the full schedule, including practice sessions (I know I saw it somewhere, but can't find it now). This is the only thing I could find thus far:

    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra09/index.htm

    Time Schedule
    (Local Time, GMT +01:00)

    Date Time Category Segment
    10/16/2009
    14:00:00 Ice Dance Compulsory Dance
    15:20:00 Men Short Program
    17:15:00 Pairs Short Program
    18:40:00 Ladies Short Program
    20:20:00 Ice Dance Original Dance
    10/17/2009
    13:30:00 Men Free Skating
    15:45:00 Pairs Free Skating
    18:25:00 Ladies Free Skating
    20:15:00 Ice Dance Free Dance



    Looking at the schedule, Paris is 9 hrs. ahead of me, so I need to get up extra extra early to watch the CDs for dance. I'm not sure I can do that, but the ladies is perfect timing. I just wish icenetwork was able to show today's practices.

    Regards the discussion about Mao, I'm glad that she's sticking with her guns, keeping the same FS jump layout as last year. Not trying anything too far out during this Olympic Season. Rather, I hope to see her gain consistency on the jumps she's been doing since last season, and now this season as well. This should help her to become consistent with these jumps. Now is not the time to change programs, jumps, et al. Btw, I must be the only person that honestly does not care for the Caprice program, never have, too cutsie pie for me. Rather, I like the music of Masquerade Waltz & The Bells of Moscow. Just my own personal preference.

  5. #50
    Quad Queen cloudkicker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    735
    OK that is it, where is a mod, I am creating a Mao vs. Kim thread and everybody who wants to debate GO THERE !!! Leave this thread for discussion on all of the other skaters.

  6. #51
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,554
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    OK that is it, where is a mod, I am creating a Mao vs. Kim thread and everybody who wants to debate GO THERE !!! Leave this thread for discussion on all of the other skaters.
    this is a practice reports thread, no? and the only full-length practices that have been posted so far are Asada's and Kim's. So it would be quite reasonable that most discussion would center on those two skaters?

  7. #52
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,134
    ^^ Thank you.

  8. #53
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,427
    Any Alexe Gilles news?

  9. #54
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Mao trying the 3 axel in the short is a huge risk. I guess that is why she is pretty much skating last year's free program as her short, hoping that the muscle memory and comfort level of trying a 3 axel right off the top will help her chances. i don't love it, but don't hate it.

    Yu-na's LP is a yawner. She is capable of so much more, as we saw in Sherezade. Sure, she was just doing a cut and dry practice, but I saw very little connection to the music as she had last year. I personally love the Allegro (the last part) of that concerto, so I am partial to it, but that footwork looked labored and slow and not as difficult as Mao's and some of the other ladies. If Yu-na win everything this season with the two programs she has got it will be a gift.

  10. #55
    /(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lublin, Poland
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    this is a practice reports thread, no? and the only full-length practices that have been posted so far are Asada's and Kim's. So it would be quite reasonable that most discussion would center on those two skaters?
    Exactly. I think that if cloudkicker really wants to discuss other skaters, he/she should provide news that are discussion-worthy instead of creating a topic with a title that just asks for Mao/YuNa bots to have a major catfight with each other (instead of simply commenting on what happened in the clips). I'm not interested in "MAO VS KIM" epic fight of DOOM. Commenting on the music choices/programs - yes, just as I'm interested in other skaters programs.

    It's not that people do not want to discuss other skaters - it's just that the Japanese/Korean media are reporting only about Mao/Yuna so far (plus the articles about Nobunari that I posted). Unless someone is particularly gifted at divination, I don't think how we can comment on other skaters now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy
    If Yu-na win everything this season with the two programs she has got it will be a gift.
    More like the best strategy. She concentrated on one thing that scores the most - jumps. Footwork will probably get lvl3, same as Mao (the footwork requirements are just messed up, with lvl3 being easy to get and lvl4 nearly impossible). (BTW YuNa's SP was not debuted yet, I think?)

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post

    Yu-na's LP is a yawner. She is capable of so much more, as we saw in Sherezade. Sure, she was just doing a cut and dry practice, but I saw very little connection to the music as she had last year. I personally love the Allegro (the last part) of that concerto, so I am partial to it, but that footwork looked labored and slow and not as difficult as Mao's and some of the other ladies. If Yu-na win everything this season with the two programs she has got it will be a gift.
    I do agree Yu-Na's LP looked a bit flat in the practice video, but I'm hoping that was just because it was a practice run-through.

    I do miss her Lark Ascending LP, though.

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    264
    If Yu-na win everything this season with the two programs she has got it will be a gift.
    Or how about she actually earns it??

    I know everyone has their own favorites and are biased, but can we hold off on the gift giving accusations until the scores come out? Geez! You haven't even seen the SP and you're already making claims about winning based on gifts.

  13. #58
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Mao trying the 3 axel in the short is a huge risk. I guess that is why she is pretty much skating last year's free program as her short, hoping that the muscle memory and comfort level of trying a 3 axel right off the top will help her chances. i don't love it, but don't hate it.

    Yu-na's LP is a yawner. She is capable of so much more, as we saw in Sherezade. Sure, she was just doing a cut and dry practice, but I saw very little connection to the music as she had last year. I personally love the Allegro (the last part) of that concerto, so I am partial to it, but that footwork looked labored and slow and not as difficult as Mao's and some of the other ladies. If Yu-na win everything this season with the two programs she has got it will be a gift.
    There were reports at official practices of Yu-na looking flat last year too. She reportedly is one of those who saves it for the competition and never or rarely really brings it at the competition practice ice.

    I suspect that Yu-na has by the time of the competition already done her full run throughs and practiced really performing her program. And so when she gets to the competition ice, she's a lot more concerned with figuring out with getting use to the ice and figuring out where she wants to put a particular jump/spin. Its hard to decide these things if your actually focusing on performing too. So it seems like for the most part she chooses not to focus so much on performing. I actually wondered if we were really seeing all of her footwork too.

    I'm not saying that her program will be great, but I'm merely suggesting that we wait and see what Yu-na looks like on Saturday.
    Last edited by bekalc; 10-15-2009 at 11:37 PM.

  14. #59
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    89
    I would deadly appreciate any news from Kostner, I can not even find a practice pic of her

    come on, I don't need any more Yuna or Mao's news, pls give me some other skaters'~~

  15. #60
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    can't give what there isn't. most of us are like you - anxiously awaiting more, but we rely on what the media provides.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •