Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 News and practice reports | Golden Skate

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 News and practice reports

Okami

On the Ice
According to Sports Hochi, TAT banned the Japanese media from interviewing Mao.

A Japanese article about Nobu's practice:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20091015-00000619-san-spo
It says that Nobunari's condition is good. :) He wants to land 4-3-3 in his LP.

It also mentions that Nobu got lost in Paris while sighteesing. :lol: Luckily, a kind French lady showed him the way to the Paris metro and even bought him the right ticket. Nobu feels heartwarmed by the kindness. Awww. :love:

Ladies practice report coming soon...

Okami

On the Ice
TV Asahi aired the entire run-thoughs of Mao and YuNa.

Mao's SP...
Jumps: 3A very UR, fall - 3F - 2A out of spiral seqience.

The music and layout exactly the same as last season.

Well, let's start from good things:
- Great speed through the program. This time Mao looked faster than YuNa who skated after her.
- Spectacular spins and spirals. :eek:
- Steps - looked even better than last season. :)

Bad things:
- That 3A was nowhere close to being fully rotated. No 3Lz wither in SP or LP(JO). Tentative entrance into 3F. Combined with the performance I'm very worried. :(
- I expected something new and joyous, but the choreo and music is exactly the same as in the LP last season (except for the layback spin). :(

I like this SP better that LP last year, but I'm not sure the judges will enjoy a repeat of a program that had bad rep in the first place. :( This could be Caprice... :(

ETA: In later practice clips Mao was shown landing some 3A-2T(Tano) combos. They looked good. Still, it seems that landing them in the actual run-through/program is problematic.

YuNa's LP:
YuNa looks very solid with jumps. 3Lz-3T 3F 2A-2T-2L(Tano?) 2A-3T 3Lz. My feed got a bit jerky during the later part, I think 2A was in there somewhere. She skipped most of her choreo (just did jumps, spiral, steps and final spin). Music edit is a bit... not to my liking, especially during the step sequence, but I think YuNa has this competition bagged.

I wish they shown some clips of Yukari, Caro, and the rest of the field...

Enthusiast

On the Ice
Did anyone see V/M? According to unofficial sources, they are having problems w/ their CD and OD. Anyone watch them practise?

Last edited:

kandidy

Final Flight
I watched her SP practice and looks like she is doing fine and added triple axel to the SP! What a gutsy program.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Hmmm... what's going on with Mao? Is she injured? Losing it? What? Other than that truly sick spin leading into the beilman - she is NOT the same phenom of a couple of years ago... her skating looked frantic, erratic and messy. Wow... here's hoping this is early season stuff or even better just a wacky practice session and she cleans it up other the next coupld of days... but again - that spin was SICK!

sfgirl

On the Ice
Isn't Paris 9-12 hours ahead of the U.S.? The schedule says competition begins Oct. 16. I am assuming that is tonight in the U.S.

ae9177

On the Ice
Yuna is in great shape, she'll be invincible at TEB!
Mao doesn't look good, what's going on with her?
Can't wait to see the new Caro. She may surprise everybody in Paris.

As for the men, I won't be surprised if Oda beats Joubert, he generally peaks early. The practice looks very solid.
Don't want to Jinx Tomas, but I hope he'll have a better start than last season. :agree:

Last edited:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
According to Sports Hochi, TAT banned the Japanese media from interviewing Mao.

Hmmmmm.......

A Japanese article about Nobu's practice:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20091015-00000619-san-spo
It says that Nobunari's condition is good. :) He wants to land 4-3-3 in his LP.

:eek: Wow, good luck! That will be something.

It also mentions that Nobu got lost in Paris while sighteesing. :lol: Luckily, a kind French lady showed him the way to the Paris metro and even bought him the right ticket. Nobu feels heartwarmed by the kindness. Awww. :love:

Awwww... what a heartwarming story. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the videos! :)

Mao's looks good, love the music, finally it's here, yes!!!!!!!:love:

I'll repost what I stated in an earlier thread somewhere on GS, lol:

"A true champion is one that always challenges oneself. To me, Mao is the essence of this, no matter the results. She continues to challenge herself both artistically & athletically. Going outside her comfort zone when it comes to music, during an Olympic Year no less, is part of this. She could've played it safe & gone with the pretty pretty music that she's known for, but she didn't. Same thing goes for her insistence on sticking with two 3axels during the LP (not to mention the SP as well), despite the public's overwhelming objections.

Skate for yourself, Mao-chan, remember what it is you love about skating. Skate for yourself, nobody else, not your country, not your coach, not for the judges, but for yourself.":love:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Oh my oh my, call me crazy but compared to Yuna's lifeless LP music, I actually prefer the Bells..:confused:
But her jumps look very very solid. On the other hand, the last triple axel in Mao's clip was UR'ed I think..

Lifeless? What are you talking about?
I think it's a fresh, new piece of music people haven't heard thousand times already.
So it might be a while before it grows on us.
Though I couldn't get the feel of it entirely (over the broadcaster talking non-stop), I like it.
By the way, she looks rock solid.

As for Mao, I just hope she's not under too much stress!
But how could she not be..... Look at the Japanese TV people dissecting her every single move on the rink AND in the studio back home.
Good luck, Mao!

Last edited:

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Thanks for posting the videos! :)

Mao's looks good, love the music, finally it's here, yes!!!!!!!:love:

I'll repost what I stated in an earlier thread somewhere on GS, lol:

"A true champion is one that always challenges oneself. To me, Mao is the essence of this, no matter the results. She continues to challenge herself both artistically & athletically. Going outside her comfort zone when it comes to music, during an Olympic Year no less, is part of this. She could've played it safe & gone with the pretty pretty music that she's known for, but she didn't. Same thing goes for her insistence on sticking with two 3axels during the LP (not to mention the SP as well), despite the public's overwhelming objections.

Skate for yourself, Mao-chan, remember what it is you love about skating. Skate for yourself, nobody else, not your country, not your coach, not for the judges, but for yourself.":love:

Yeah! I definitely agree! I'm leaving for Paris to see her tomorrow! So excited! Mao is a challenger! She's trying to rewrite the history of this sport! Great Sp though! I loved her speed!

Lifeless? What are you talking about?
I think it's a fresh, new piece of music people haven't heard thousand times already.
So it might be a while before it grows on us.
Though I couldn't get the feel of it entirely (over the broadcaster talking non-stop), I like it.
By the way, she looks rock solid.

As for Mao, I just hope she's not under too much stress!
But how could she not be..... Look at the Japanese TV people dissecting her every single move on the rink AND in the studio back home.
Good luck, Mao!

Yep. Mao must be really stressed after media following her everywhere! BTW Yu-Na's music is definitely NOT life less! I agree with you! I like her new FS and her jumps looked solid as rock! But, I wonder if she's going for 3Lo...?? Any way, both of the new programs looked great!

gourry

Final Flight
Thanks for the links!
Wow. So the season really started!! I'm so excited!!!

Yay, Yuna looks just gorgeous and fit! I found the music a bit unfamiliar but it sounds nice and fresh, full of life to me.:yes: And with that beautiful blue costume and detailed choreography.... it will look quite different! Oh! I can't wait!!!:love:

As for Mao's SP... I don't really know what to say. I was never a big fan of her last LP to begin with. It looks almost same as her previous LP except the layback spin and ending and the length. Because I remember she said in an interview it's gonna be more light and fun program(or something like that. I don't remember exactly) I expected something..... different. Oh well, maybe with new costume it will be better, I hope.

I really wonder how Carolina is doing. Can't wait her new programs!

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
But, I wonder if she's going for 3Lo...?? Any way, both of the new programs looked great!

I wonder the same thing. If so, where would she put it? I highly doubt she would make it a combination jump. Is it going to be her second jump(which is now flip) as usual? Then, would she do her flip as her last jump instead of final 2a??