Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Domnina/Shablin withdraw from NHK

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico

Domnina/Shablin withdraw from NHK

According to the ISU they have been crossed off the list for NHK. Anyone know why?

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    They withdrew from both of their events. :( Most probably Maxim is nursing an injury again. :(

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    wow sorry to hear that. This is turning out to be a really weird Olympic year so far and the Grand Prix hasn't even started yet!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    People are dropping like flies!

Banned
    So tough with these injuries. The demands on dancers are quite underestimated in my view. Yes they're not doing the big acrobatic throws, but It is the discipline that seems to most require that everything difficult look easy.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Oh no, not another one of these seasons. I wonder who will make it to February, never mind skate well. Who knows who will win by default alone? I hope they get well soon.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I'm hoping that those who have dropped out of their GP events will nice and rested by Feb and ready to go.

Custom Title
    If they miss the whole season, I won't miss them one bit.

Custom Title
    Maybe I'm a bit too honest, but don't you think that, the ONLY chance of this boring, arteficial, weak team to use their (undeserved) World Champion title from last year and the diplomacy of Linichuk to win an OGM?

Of course they HAVE to go to Vancouver as a World Champion (maybe also in front of carefully selected judges again) than loosing something before with more honest panel of judges here?

Just my 5 cents...

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit too honest, but don't you think that, the ONLY chance of this boring, arteficial, weak team to use their (undeserved) World Champion title from last year and the diplomacy of Linichuk to win an OGM?

Of course they HAVE to go to Vancouver as a World Champion (maybe also in front of carefully selected judges again) than loosing something before with more honest panel of judges here?
    Why use such vicious tongue to describe this team? Simply because they are a real threat to your favorite in Vancouver? If you think they are boring, artificial, and weak, they will be judged to be boring, artificial, and weak in front of the so-called more honest panel judges. How absurd logic it is!
    Last edited by wonderland; 11-02-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Custom Title
    You forgot my VERY important anouncement:

"Just my 5 cents.".

I have no favourite team in Vancouver. I just get angry when a team winning like they did it last time.

Just remind you to some of the Olympic Champions before.
    Pahomova-Gorskov,
    Torvil-Dean,
    Grischuk-Platov,
    Klimova-Ponomarenko,
    Anissina-Peizerat.

I think, there are some couples ( at least 3-4)nowdays, who deserves to be in this group., but not with that mediocre performance. Until this time there is no one single remarkable move made by them.

Another 5 cents
    Last edited by bigdeal; 11-02-2009 at 07:40 AM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Why use such vicious tongue to describe this team? Simply because they are a real threat to your favorite in Vancouver? If you think they are boring, artificial, and weak, they will be judged to be boring, artificial, and weak in front of the so-called more honest panel judges. How absurd logic it is!
    Why absurd? Bigdeal see them weak. But it's possible that the judges will see them good.
    I used to like them, but now they are boring for me, they do the same elements, that are nice. The judges give points to that night's performance and don't care that they did neraly the same last year. Plus they have a well known coach, who helps a lot.
    I haven't seen their new OD and FD, but Virtue and Moir have fantastic and unforgetable programmes, I'm sure the canadians are better.

Medalist
    Wow, the tone here sure is vicious. You may not like certain skaters, but to declare them useless? V/M the only one deserving a gold medal before seeing the programs of the other teams? Being glad that someone is seriously injured just because it means that they can't skate and beat your precious, precious favourites?

Honestly posts like that make me wish that they win the gold in Vancouver just to see the heads on the message boards explode...

Custom Title
    Dear Katha,
    Where have you read anybody wishing the injury getting worse???

Nobody was even closed to say so. I'm a surgeon!

I just said, it would be pitty to see a mediocre team to win OGM, when there are some excellent teams, who could be a worthy Champion.
    I also didn't mentioned V/M in any of my post (they are better than Dom/Shab I think, but not my necessary favourites to win.)
    Don't give words in my mouth, I've never used, please.
    Last edited by bigdeal; 11-02-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Dear Katha,
    Where have you read anybody wishing the injury getting worse???

Nobody was even closed to say so. I'm a surgeon!

I just said, it would be pitty to see a mediocre team to win OGM, when there are some excellent teams, who could be a worthy Champion.
    I also didn't mentioned V/M in any of my post (they are better than Dom/Shab I think, but not my necessary favourites to win.)
    Don't give words in my mouth, I've never used, please.
    Well, Katha didn't just talk about you, but probably also about the post above you that said
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    If they miss the whole season, I won't miss them one bit.
    - and this post is basically saying that the poster wishes that the injury becomes worse or is very bad to begin with. And someone else mentioned V/M. She wasn't just talking to you.

I am very excited for Dom/Shab's new programs. I agree, they rested a bit on their laurels during the last three years, while they skated to nothing but the "The greatest hits of Russian classical music".

But this year their music choices sound amazing and remind me much more of Dom/Shab around 2006.

By the way, before Dom/Shab became No.1 Russians, they were very well loved, even among Northern American fans. Lots of international fans argued that they were right up there with the No.1 Russian pair, and didn't like that they were forced to wait for their turn and lost out on several medals because of that. The hostilities against them began when they started to be a threat to the Northern American teams. Their unimaginative music choices since then didn't help, for sure. But over the years I learnt that ice-dance fans are vicious against whoever their favourites are in danger to lose. Just read the Virtue/Moir vs. Davis/White thread from 4CC 2008 - you get the feeling that basically both teams are the worst ever or the best ever.

What I love about DomShab is that they look so evenly matched out there. There is such power to them, I saw them live and when they are out there - it's just impressive. They would look ridiculous skating to something like Umbrellas de Cherbourg though, because let's face it, lyrical they are not. But I love that they manage to do a mean Tango, as well as perfect Waltzes. Their freeskate from the Olympics is my favourite program from them, so beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast