Japan Times: Poll on Mao
A piece of your mind
Decisions for Mao
What do you think figure skater Mao Asada should do to improve her chances at winning the gold medal at the upcoming Vancouver Winter Olympic Games?
1. Maybe it's time that Mao Asada parted with Russian coach Tatiana Tarasova and hire a full-time Japanese coach.
2. Mao should move to Russia so she can train with her coach every day.
3. Nikolai Morozov would be a good choice. He knows how to work with Japanese skaters.
4. Mao had two good seasons with coach Rafael Arutunian. Why not return to him?
5. Mao should consider other candidates for a new coach.
6. Mao should be given less pressure from http://www.japantimes.co.jp/ and pieces of mind of their readers.
I can understand discussing her strategy, but making a poll? It's not too much?
Dreaming and dancing
My wishful thinking is that Mao and TAT come up with delightful SP and LP, with an addition of a tech coach in Japan.
Originally Posted by japanice
But Mao has already decided that she keeps two programs. So keep the current two programs, stay at home, and hire a Japanese technical full-time coach while keeping TAT as a consultant. Or move to Russia to work with TAT fulltime. I don't think she wants to throw TAT away at the middle of the season.