Mens Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Except that his technical score was lower that Nobunari's. Tomas' program component score was 2.30 above Nobunari's, which I totally disagree with. I guess that's what starting order does to you. Boooo. Disaprove!!!

You really think Nobunari deserved higher PCS?!!

Okami

On the Ice
You really think Nobunari deserved higher PCS?!!

I don't know about SerpentineSteps, but I do (higher than he received, that is). He had crazy difficult footwork, fabulous skating skills, great speed and ice coverage, good timing with the music and the had the crowd going crazy.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I never said that it should have been higher than Tomas'. Just that Tomas' PCS shouldn't have been so neck-and-shoulders above Nobu's.

Well, as a fan of neither, I found Tomas most entertaining today, of all guys.

They are showing V/M's CD now. What's with all that black?

I don't know about SerpentineSteps, but I do (higher than he received, that is). He had crazy difficult footwork, fabulous skating skills, great speed and ice coverage, good timing with the music and the had the crowd going crazy.

Okami, I'm happy Nobunari has fans on this board. If you can't see it, you can't. Today I 100% agree with the panel. I only think the tech was weird.

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
YAY!!! I'm so happy Tomas won the SP! I was really cheering for him to do well! I'd LOVE to see him win this event! :love::clap:

WOW! Who would have thought Ponsero would place the highest of the Frenchmen? *stunned*

Well, not so stunned if you watched Joubert, with all those sloppy landings, none of them clean. At least Ponsero landed a beauty of 3 axel.

About Verner's result, I was so pissed last spring when in LA the judges screwed him over and gave the bronze undeservedly to Joubert, that I decided this year I will be rooting for Verner all the way through.

Congrats Tomas!!!!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Congrats for Tomas! :clap: I always cheer for him!
And sad for Brian :cry: Hope he will be better in FS!
And good luck for Voronov! His programs really interesting and strong this season

Wicked

Final Flight
Wow, shocking that Brian is in 6th, although there's not much separation between 4-6. Brian's jumps did not look good at French Masters. I had hoped he would look better here.

Okami

On the Ice
Okami, I'm happy Nobunari has fans on this board.

??? Not just my opinion. I was following FSU PBP and Nobunari's & Adam's performances got by far more positive reception (aside from occassional Morozov-related whining and wondering if they share a room. But that's typical :p). People thought that if Tomas will go in the lead, it will be because of the quad. Even one of Tomas's fans was like:
And Tomas was the best. And I am not lying like Andrei is
(ok, Oda was better, but Tomas is my fav).

I love Tomas, he's one of my faves, but the gap between him and Nobu/Adam should not be so big. And for that matter, Brian got a PCS-gift as well... Though I don't even mind it, as I think he needs one to pull himself together and come back strongly in the LP. :(

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
??? Not just my opinion. I was following FSU PBP and Nobunari's & Adam's performances got by far more positive reception (aside from occassional Morozov-related whining and wondering if they share a room. But that's typical :p). People thought that if Tomas will go in the lead, it will be because of the quad. Even one of Tomas's fans was like:

I love Tomas, he's one of my faves, but the gap between him and Nobu/Adam should not be so big. And for that matter, Brian got a PCS-gift as well... Though I don't even mind it, as I think he needs one to pull himself together and come back strongly in the LP. :(

Despite my issues with the PCS, one concern that I had before Tomas' scores came up is that the pressure from being in the lead would affect Nobu's performance... so I guess there's a positive side to this. :)

bmelanie

On the Ice
Was it just me...or was Adam Rippon kind of really really amazing? XD
I mean me being a Yuna fan and all I'm afraid I might be biased because they have the same coach or something but really that program was so great! And it's his senior debut! :love:
Also kudos to Verner, he deserves everything he got - can't wait for the LPs.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker

You've got the entire FSU on your side? I obviously lose here.

I love Tomas, he's one of my faves, but the gap between him and Nobu/Adam should not be so big.

I don't love Tomas... but what gap? 2 points something? Tomas deserved it, IMO. Tastes differ, I didn't like either Nobu's or Adam's SP. I did like Tomas's.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam Rippon kind of really really amazing? And it's his senior debut! :love:

This is actually Adam's 2nd season on the senior Grand Prix series. Last season he was 8th at Skate America and 5th at Cup of Russia. This is his 4th event as a senior skater, counting 2009 U.S. Nationals where he finished 7th. :)

bmelanie

On the Ice
This is actually Adam's 2nd season on the senior Grand Prix series. Last season he was 8th at Skate America and 5th at Cup of Russia. :)

Oh you're right! I just thought of when they announced him as the Junior World Champ at the show in Korea :p

Wrlmy

Medalist
Nobu is a great skater, but I found his interpretation over the top. I have to admit that music calls for it though. He said he is not completely comfortable with his program at this point, but I prefer Slutskaya's rendition. Nonetheless, based on his skating skills, he does deserve higher pcs.

Adam's program is a masterpiece, and it got me teary-eyed. But that costume needs to go. Is it me, or is his stroking form kinda funny and very bouncy?

Out of all the men, I enjoyed Ponsero the most. His basic is amazing, especially so after Alban. He has the best quad when he lands it.

Okami

On the Ice
Despite my issues with the PCS, one concern that I had before Tomas' scores came up is that the pressure from being in the lead would affect Nobu's performance... so I guess there's a positive side to this. :)

I totally agree with you! Actually before this competition I thought that it would be better for Nobunari to do just enough to qualify for GPF, but not necessarily win, because this would just made the Japanese media stalk, bother and pressurize him 24/7... (I have enough bad memories from Worlds 2006 and 2007). I just got a bit feverish because the program was skated so well, I did not expect that - Nobunari said yesterday that his SP is only about 60% ready.

Hsuhs - it's fine that you don't like the program (and many Morozov haters will agree with you), but if only music/choreo/looks were judged, the skaters would not have to skate at all. We could just hire CG artists that will create perfect programs skated by perfect skaters. I was talking more about the performance - skating skills, speed, etc. That's what I was talking about (perhaps it didn't come out right) that even though people might not like the choreographer or like other skaters more, they appreciated the strenght of a performance.

bmelanie said:
Was it just me...or was Adam Rippon kind of really really amazing?

I've been a fan since Nationals 2007! He really is great, I hope he makes the Olympic team. But this is not his senior debut - he skated on the senior GP last season. :)