Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Mens Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    So was it fair that Brian got the second best PCS? I haven't seen any comments about his skating except that his jumps were no good.

What do you mean by "tano lutz"?

I want to watch these programmes :banging:
    I think Brian got a sizable "Oh, poor thing, his jumps aren't on. But he's a former World Champ. I know, let's give him a bit of a PCS boost!" bonus. I do think that his PCS should be *relatively* high though (and, again, this confirms that being later in the starting orders helps).

From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...kating_terms):
    'Tano jumpA jump arm position variation made famous by Brian Boitano (hence 'Tano) where one arm is extended overhead instead of folded at the chest during a jump. This increases the difficulty of a jump.
    ... apparently you're supposed to have an apostrophe before the "T"... who would have known.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    I know! Everyon's doing Tano jumps this year... did Mao restart the trend, or have I just not beeing paying as much attention before?
    No, Irina Slutskaya and Stephen Carriere, just to name a couple, were doing 'tano jumps before I saw Mao do them.

Thanks fot the ´tano explanation. I remember Slutskaya also doing that.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Nobunari's SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXqstZNMqy8
    The quality's even worse than my web stream, so it's an option only for truly desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by musesk8r
    No, Irina Slutskaya and Stephen Carriere, just to name a couple, were doing 'tano jumps before I saw Mao do them.
    Not to mention Brian Boitano himself... But, really, after Mao started doing it, suddenly much more 'Tanos variations started being used. Caroline Zhang, Adam, YuNa, Denis Ten... I'm sure I've seen a few more this season.

OK, time to concentrate on pairs!

Gotta love Tomas! He's so honest with himself and I also love his sense of humor.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Verner opened with a quad toe-triple toe combination worth 14.8 points, followed by a triple Axel and triple Lutz. He gained the highest program component score of the day and the second-highest technical tally.

"I was pleased with my jumps," he said. "I didn't like that I got a Level 1 on my combination spin and Level 1 on my sit spin, so I will have to review what happened and work on it for my free skate.

"Also, I hope my choreographer Lori Nichol didn't watch today, because I can do a lot better with the steps and the emotion. It's my first big competition after a long break and I was a little nervous."

Quickly done, taaak, thanks. These videos give me some feeling from the competition.

Verner This music is great for him to play around with.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I liked Tomas-along with Oda they were great- but his costume distracts me from music and choreo cause it is out of place..

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I liked Tomas-along with Oda they were great- but his costume distracts me from music and choreo cause it is out of place..
    Do you mean Tomas' costume? I fantasized it like a greek sailor dancing zorba in the harbour

Or Oda's? Did he have a skeleton on front of a black costume?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Tomas' costume is perfect. It is playful and sexy (in a gentleman kind of way) - exactly the kind of image he is best at projecting.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Do you mean Tomas' costume? I fantasized it like a greek sailor dancing zorba in the harbour
    I really didnt see it that way but maybe you are right, I didnt see him as someone who dances to the music, I had the image that he was supposed to impersonate Zorba personality himself and the history behind this music and the costume looked like a navy thing out of place..Now i got the image
    I just dont like zorba in skating
    I dont remember Oda's costume in details, was it the black Halloween thing?I didnt mind, his program was fresh and fast, I loved it, looking forward to see them all tommorow!
    I have a feeling Jouby may change his sp..

I loved Verner!

And I enjoy the costume immensely. He is hot!

Custom Title
    I'm so happy for Tomas! I hope he can finally skate two clean programs back-to-back. Awesome music, lovely costume, beautiful quad! He still needs to work on his spins, but he'll get there.

Good for Nobu, he'll be a strong medal contender this season. Don't care about this SP too much, I like his LP more, can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Program wise, I enjoyed Ponsero's the best. What a cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    I'm so happy for Tomas! I hope he can finally skate two clean programs back-to-back. Awesome music, lovely costume, beautiful quad! He still needs to work on his spins, but he'll get there.
    I agree! I so hope he skates great! Verner for the win!!!

Good for Nobu, he'll be a strong medal contender this season. Don't care about this SP too much, I like his LP more, can't wait to see it tomorrow.
    Yes, go Nobu! Skate great!

Program wise, I enjoyed Ponsero's the best. What a cutie.
    Yes, if cuteness won medals, Yannick would be on every medal podium there is! I hope he manages to keep his cute bum off the ice for all of his competitions this season.

Starting orders are up for the long program, Brian is first to skate in the last group. Good or Bad?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Yes, if cuteness won medals, Yannick would be on every medal podium there is! I hope he manages to keep his cute bum off the ice for all of his competitions this season.
    Agree!! Tomas also should've made every podium of cuteness competition.

I love his quote regarding starting the SP with 4-3:
    "I'm not afraid to start my program with a quadruple jump because Zorba wouldn't be afraid to"
    How could somebody be so hot and so cute at the same time?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast