Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Good for Dube/Davison to branch out from the schmaltzy music they always do, but Requiem for a Dream doesn't really suit them very well; the SP seemed so laboured to me.
    Yeah, they were not as precise as the russians, rightfully second

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Good for D/D!!! This is the best they have skated in awhile. A couple bobbles but this is a good vehicle for them. Oh and here we go with the painted faces
    What!!! Are S/S still painted like clowns???

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    What!!! Are S/S still painted like clowns???
    Yes!! They look absolutely ridiculous. This is a competition not the freaking opera!

Custom Title
    72.98 for S/S!!!

Wow.

Custom Title
    S/S - Germany
    in full clown regalia
    "Send in the clowns" lol

HUGE throw!
    nice musicality here
    lateral 3 twist good
    sbs good but a bit far apart
    death spiral nice variation her holding leg

I enjoyed how the elemts were truly timed TO the music here, that is what M/T were missing. You don't feel any "attack" or "concentration" from this team, just them skating to the music. But they pull off all the elements with just as much quality nonetheless. Power and softness together.

warm applause

72.98 - definitely the superior performance here

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    S/S - Germany
    in full clown regalia
    "Send in the clowns" lol
    for some reason, every time i hear send in the clowns, i get the fever for some tone loc, lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Yes!! They look absolutely ridiculous. This is a competition not the freaking opera!

Doesn't matter, these two are so good technically, that won't matter a tiny bit. They are in a separate class...look at those marks

Aliona and Robin - Loved their program, paint and all. Deserve first place for sure. Stunning couple on the ice and today they skated as one. When they are on they take my breath away. The Best!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Doesn't matter, these two are so good technically, that won't matter a tiny bit. They are in a separate class...look at those marks
    I feel like these two will get superb marks even if their program consisted of Aliona taking a dump on the ice (with stunning technique, of course)... only joking, but I'd like a bit more unpredictability in the Pairs' event...

EDIT: Note that I'm not questioning their win. Just complaining about how head-and-shoulders above everyone else they are.

Custom Title
    Looks like the schedule is definitely off at least an hour, judging by the schedule I found yesterday, I thought for sure that pairs would be over by now. I was surprised when I tuned in about 10 minutes ago to see pairs instead of the ladies! But at least it gave me the opportunity to watch the CDs, which I didn't get up early enough to watch this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    72.98 for S/S!!!

Wow.
    PB, not with much, but still As for the clown outfit I hate it. Takes away the enjoyment for me. They should do this programme in more delicate costumes.

Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA did PB with more than 7 points

I think that S/Z may challenge Aliona and Robin's scores. We will have to wait and see.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Looks like the schedule is definitely off at least an hour, judging by the schedule I found yesterday, I thought for sure that pairs would be over by now. I was surprised when I tuned in about 10 minutes ago to see pairs instead of the ladies! But at least it gave me the opportunity to watch the CDs, which I didn't get up early enough to watch this morning.
    Are you sure you're getting the time difference right? I ask this because everything seems to be happening in a very timely fashion according to the official schedule (found at the bottom of this page: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra09/index.htm).

Custom Title
    S/S were stunning. Very well deserved 1st place, no need for any bogus unpredictability in pairs because these two are clearly head and shoulders above the rest, including Masha and Max. This is not Kwan vs. Lipinski, S/S are better than M/M and D/D definitely, and the judges thought so too. Wonderful!

Custom Title
    Yes, SerpentineSteps, I'm the one that posted that schedule yesterday evening on another thread. Paris is 9 hrs. ahead of me here in good ole rainy Seattle, Washington. Therefore, when it's 6:40PM over in Paris, it should be 9:40AM here in Seattle, when the Ladies is presumably supposed to start. It is now 9:46AM here. No matter, now IN just posted the Men's SP, which I also missed, but am on my way to view!

EDITED TO ADD: Oops, mea culpa, I just realized that Ladies just started. My fault, my fault. My apologies everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast