Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ladies short program

Down With It
    Well, I think I have only one thing to say:

This was supposed to be the big Mao Asada vs. Yuna Kim showdown.

But instead, we got the Yuna Kim vs. Yuna Kim showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I am really saddened at Carolina Kostner's performance, but I can't say I'm totally surprised. She's basically changed EVERYTHING about her training situation and to expect a complete turnaround from 2009 Worlds after only a matter of a few months is not very realistic. New country, new city, new training rink, new coach, new technique/teaching style . . . everything is so new for her! Still, I wanted her to do much better than she showed today.

Still cheering for you, Caro!
    I feel for ya. On a good note Carolina got the 3rd highest PC's (28.36) . They were all in the 7's range and one 6.85 in TR. If she gets her jumps together she will be competitive.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    There were rule changes over the summer about downgrades. Technical caller no longer calls out downgrades it will be up to the individual judges. Mao should try the 3F-3L or 3F-3T, she may not actually get downgrades.
    Not quite. The technical caller still calls the downgrades, but this info isn't communicated to the judges who can now give positive GOEs if they feel like the jump was otherwise well-executed (previously, they were required to give negative GOEs for a UR). This way, an under-rotated 3-3 can potentially get more points than a 3-2 (whereas previously, an under-rotated 3-3 got less points than a 3-2).

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    76.08 ..well there goes the suspense for the LP..

Custom Title

youtube

For those who have not seen the performances yet,
    here are yuna and Mao's performances. I keep checking youtube to see if any other skaters' video clips are uploaded yet, but so far no luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDcDeNgLJjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65CbB7h89QM
    Last edited by figurejennah; 10-16-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    I just love Nakano's skating. I don't care if she UR's at all. The whole package she presents on the ice is consistently beautiful. She'll make a great show skater when she retires. Wonderful.
    Agreed. Yukari has nice reliable skating and is under appreciated. Hope this is a good year for her regardless of what the judges do.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    76.08 ..well there goes the suspense for the LP..
    No kidding. Yu-Na can fall 3 or 4 times or skip 3 or 4 of her jumping passes in the LP and still win b/c of her 17 point lead after the SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    No kidding. Yu-Na can fall 3 or 4 times or skip 3 or 4 of her jumping passes in the LP and still win b/c of her 17 point lead after the SP.
    Yuna could take a 4-minute-long dump on the ice for her Free Skate and still win the event (with positive GOE for correct edge on touch-down).
    Last edited by SerpentineSteps; 10-16-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Custom Title

Carolina's dress

Hey guys........ I couldn't see very well because I was watching it online,
    but I read from another board that there was something horribly wrong with Carolina's dress, and it showed very apparently clearly when they were showing in a slow motion video clip. Has anyone noticed this?!?!? I will watch it again on NBC, but I really hope it's not true.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    but I read from another board that there was something horribly wrong with Carolina's dress, and it showed very apparently clearly when they were showing in a slow motion video clip. Has anyone noticed this?!?!? I will watch it again on NBC, but I really hope it's not true.
    horribly wrong as in boobage, or inappropriate symbols?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    horribly wrong as in boobage, or inappropriate symbols?
    Well obviously it's one of two. I don't want to say it since I could not see it clearly. I was watching it on my computer and the screen was so fuzzy. ^^;;;;;;;; If no one here has noticed it, then I am gonna watch it on HD on sunday when NBC will broadcast it.................... But if she did have some problems, then I certainly hope that she would fix it asap!!!!!
    Last edited by figurejennah; 10-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Did she have a wardrobe malfunction?

Down With It
    Well obviously it's one of two. I don't want to say it since I could not see it clearly. I was watching it on my computer and the screen was so fuzzy. ^^;;;;;;;; If no one here has noticed it, then I am gonna watch it on HD on sunday when NBC will broadcast it....................
    Sorry to be the potential bearer of bad news but NBC is scheduled to show the men's and ladies' free skates, making it likely we won't see any short programs. (They MIGHT show Yuna's to explain why she's wiping the ice clean so far, though)

Well obviously it's one of two. I don't want to say it since I could not see it clearly. I was watching it on my computer and the screen was so fuzzy. ^^;;;;;;;; If no one here has noticed it, then I am gonna watch it on HD on sunday when NBC will broadcast it....................
    Is NBC broadcasting SPs? I thought they were only showing LPs of the ladies and men.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Sorry to be the potential bearer of bad news but NBC is scheduled to show the men's and ladies' free skates, making it likely we won't see any short programs. (They MIGHT show Yuna's to explain why she's wiping the ice clean so far, though)

Oh I certainly hope they will show the SP! Last time when Skate america was on NBC, they said only FS will be broadcasted, but SP also was shown. I hope it will be the case here again!!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast