Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ladies short program

Custom Title
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Yuna!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!! I already love this over Danse Macabre. Especially the steps!!!
    It was a sexy, sassy, yet classy, and really entertaining program! And the music edition is just awesome! Gotta love Wilson.

About Carolina's costume.... uh.... yeah, definately it should have had higher body part... hopefully they will adjust it by next competition.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Yuna!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!! I already love this over Danse Macabre. Especially the steps!!!
    It was a sexy, sassy, yet classy, and really entertaining program! And the music edition is just awesome! Gotta love Wilson.

About Carolina's costume.... uh.... yeah, definately it should have had higher body part... hopefully they will adjust it by next competition.
    Is it because of her height?
    Why can't she get a dress that covers her butt?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    Because it's amazing. That's why.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    Because it's amazing. That's why.
    Is that Italian designer, Roberto Cavalalala (sorry, don't know the spelling), still designing her outfits?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I don't mean to get any other Mao Fans down, honestly, I'll be her fan until the bitter end.

That said, she n-e-e-d-s the 3A/2T in the SP
    Doing 3A/2T as the combo is a bad decision.

What Mao NEEDS to do is the 3A as her solo Triple, and then the 3F-3Lo as her combination. Or at least the 3F-3T.

That's the ONLY way she can hope to beat Yu-Na in the SP, if Yu-Na is clean.

I like Mao's SP. That music works better for a SP than it did as a LP last year.

The costume is no good, though. She should bring back her costume from last year.

Custom Title
    OMG, Yuna! As I said in the prediction thread, when she's ON, she's invincible!

Kudos to Yukari to pull off such a great performance! So proud of Mao, she's a fighter.

Very exciting start of the new season. Alexe is probably the biggest surprise here, Sasha's withdraw turns out to be a win-win situation for both parties.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    Is it because of her height?
    Um, maybe I chose a wrong term? Her butt was ok and well covered.

....I feel so awkward....

Custom Title
    to save others from the embarrassment, Caro's dress does not fit well across her chest. If it did not have the illusion fabric, it would have been a disaster. The length of the dress wasnt a problem
    Last edited by cleopatra20042004; 10-16-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Very exciting start of the new season. Alexe is probably the biggest surprise here, Sasha's withdraw turns out to be a win-win situation for both parties.
    It's obviously just a thought, since we haven't seen her FS yet, but I could actually see Gilles having a shot at the Olympic team now!

Her butt was ok and well covered.
    So... her boobs?

EDIT: ok. her "chest" it is.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Um, maybe I chose a wrong term? Her butt was ok and well covered.

....I feel so awkward....
    Oh, sorry about that.
    I wasn't able to watch her SP, so I just assumed that it was her bottom again.
    Her dresses, as gorgeous as they are, usually fail to be of appropriate length.

So, it's her chest, this time?
    Oh dear.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Oh I certainly hope they will show the SP! Last time when Skate america was on NBC, they said only FS will be broadcasted, but SP also was shown. I hope it will be the case here again!!
    I know the short program is being shown on Universal Sports. But they might show part of the short programs on the NBC broadcast but who knows!

Custom Title

Thoughts on scores..

I actually felt Yuna was overmarked. She was brilliant-- but her 3-3 this time was no where near its best, and her flip did not quite sail as it has before. Over 70 for sure, but the judges shouldn't get carried away. She definitely was the best by an incredible measure but a tad overmarked.

Yukari I thought delivered a solid performance, and the leg wrap wasn't as distracting as it has been. Beautiful axel-- might've been the best one today (can't decide between her's and Yuna's). I thought she should've broken 60.

Caroline was a bit undermarked. She had better ice coverage and speed than before, and improved her presentation so that it was actually saucy! Muled till the cows came home, but her axel was improved. She's had worse performances than this with an underrotated 3-3 and/or stepped out axel and gotten better scores with less speed so I'm a bit puzzled by her 57. Wonder if she got docked points for not counting her spin rotations (though they looked fine to me) or for underrotation..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Caroline was a bit undermarked. She had better ice coverage and speed than before, and improved her presentation so that it was actually saucy! Muled till the cows came home, but her axel was improved. She's had worse performances than this with an underrotated 3-3 and/or stepped out axel and gotten better scores with less speed so I'm a bit puzzled by her 57. Wonder if she got docked points for not counting her spin rotations (though they looked fine to me) or for underrotation..
    Although she landed all of her jumps, I thought all of her jumps had one issue or another. Her mulekick is just disgraceful. She slowed considerably going into her loop and the landing edge wasn't long and gliding, but slow and it circled too much. She is still slow as molasses going into that darn double axel. So, although she landed all of her jumps, I could see her getting 0 GOE or -GOE on all of them. I thought she looked faster as well, but still not nearly as fast as she should be. I love Caroline and I want her to do well, but I think she needs to seriously correct her technique before she can really compete with the upper echelon.

Custom Title
    I agree, but the issue is that this was a better short program performance than most she's done in the near past and yet she was scored lower. This is an issue of inconsistency in her scores. She might still be slow and mulekick and go slow into the axel but the point is she's improved, if only a little. This was a better performance than any of her short programs last year (except perhaps World Team Trophy) and yet her score does not reflect this.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast