Ladies short program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies short program

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I think I have only one thing to say:

This was supposed to be the big Mao Asada vs. Yuna Kim showdown.

But instead, we got the Yuna Kim vs. Yuna Kim showdown.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am really saddened at Carolina Kostner's performance, but I can't say I'm totally surprised. She's basically changed EVERYTHING about her training situation and to expect a complete turnaround from 2009 Worlds after only a matter of a few months is not very realistic. New country, new city, new training rink, new coach, new technique/teaching style . . . everything is so new for her! Still, I wanted her to do much better than she showed today. :frown:

Still cheering for you, Caro! :love::clap:

I feel for ya. On a good note Carolina got the 3rd highest PC's (28.36) . They were all in the 7's range and one 6.85 in TR. If she gets her jumps together she will be competitive.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
There were rule changes over the summer about downgrades. Technical caller no longer calls out downgrades it will be up to the individual judges. Mao should try the 3F-3L or 3F-3T, she may not actually get downgrades.

Not quite. The technical caller still calls the downgrades, but this info isn't communicated to the judges who can now give positive GOEs if they feel like the jump was otherwise well-executed (previously, they were required to give negative GOEs for a UR). This way, an under-rotated 3-3 can potentially get more points than a 3-2 (whereas previously, an under-rotated 3-3 got less points than a 3-2).

Binthere

On the Ice
I just love Nakano's skating. I don't care if she UR's at all. The whole package she presents on the ice is consistently beautiful. She'll make a great show skater when she retires. Wonderful.

Agreed. Yukari has nice reliable skating and is under appreciated. Hope this is a good year for her regardless of what the judges do.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
No kidding. Yu-Na can fall 3 or 4 times or skip 3 or 4 of her jumping passes in the LP and still win b/c of her 17 point lead after the SP.

Yuna could take a 4-minute-long dump on the ice for her Free Skate and still win the event (with positive GOE for correct edge on touch-down).

Last edited:

figurejennah

On the Ice
Carolina's dress

Hey guys........ I couldn't see very well because I was watching it online,
but I read from another board that there was something horribly wrong with Carolina's dress, and it showed very apparently clearly when they were showing in a slow motion video clip. Has anyone noticed this?!?!? I will watch it again on NBC, but I really hope it's not true.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
but I read from another board that there was something horribly wrong with Carolina's dress, and it showed very apparently clearly when they were showing in a slow motion video clip. Has anyone noticed this?!?!? I will watch it again on NBC, but I really hope it's not true.

horribly wrong as in boobage, or inappropriate symbols?

figurejennah

On the Ice
horribly wrong as in boobage, or inappropriate symbols?

Well obviously it's one of two. I don't want to say it since I could not see it clearly. I was watching it on my computer and the screen was so fuzzy. ^^;;;;;;;; If no one here has noticed it, then I am gonna watch it on HD on sunday when NBC will broadcast it.................... But if she did have some problems, then I certainly hope that she would fix it asap!!!!!

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Did she have a wardrobe malfunction?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well obviously it's one of two. I don't want to say it since I could not see it clearly. I was watching it on my computer and the screen was so fuzzy. ^^;;;;;;;; If no one here has noticed it, then I am gonna watch it on HD on sunday when NBC will broadcast it....................

Sorry to be the potential bearer of bad news but NBC is scheduled to show the men's and ladies' free skates, making it likely we won't see any short programs. (They MIGHT show Yuna's to explain why she's wiping the ice clean so far, though)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well obviously it's one of two. I don't want to say it since I could not see it clearly. I was watching it on my computer and the screen was so fuzzy. ^^;;;;;;;; If no one here has noticed it, then I am gonna watch it on HD on sunday when NBC will broadcast it....................

Is NBC broadcasting SPs? I thought they were only showing LPs of the ladies and men.

figurejennah

On the Ice
Sorry to be the potential bearer of bad news but NBC is scheduled to show the men's and ladies' free skates, making it likely we won't see any short programs. (They MIGHT show Yuna's to explain why she's wiping the ice clean so far, though)

Oh I certainly hope they will show the SP! Last time when Skate america was on NBC, they said only FS will be broadcasted, but SP also was shown. :) I hope it will be the case here again!!

gourry

Final Flight
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Yuna!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!:love::love: I already love this over Danse Macabre. Especially the steps!!!
It was a sexy, sassy, yet classy, and really entertaining program! And the music edition is just awesome! Gotta love Wilson.

About Carolina's costume.... uh.... yeah, definately it should have had higher body part... hopefully they will adjust it by next competition.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Yuna!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!:love::love: I already love this over Danse Macabre. Especially the steps!!!
It was a sexy, sassy, yet classy, and really entertaining program! And the music edition is just awesome! Gotta love Wilson.

About Carolina's costume.... uh.... yeah, definately it should have had higher body part... hopefully they will adjust it by next competition.

Is it because of her height?
Why can't she get a dress that covers her butt?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't mean to get any other Mao Fans down, honestly, I'll be her fan until the bitter end. :)

That said, she n-e-e-d-s the 3A/2T in the SP

Doing 3A/2T as the combo is a bad decision.

What Mao NEEDS to do is the 3A as her solo Triple, and then the 3F-3Lo as her combination. Or at least the 3F-3T.

That's the ONLY way she can hope to beat Yu-Na in the SP, if Yu-Na is clean.

I like Mao's SP. That music works better for a SP than it did as a LP last year.

The costume is no good, though. She should bring back her costume from last year.