Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 224

Thread: Ladies short program

  1. #181
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    The whole team of Yu-na,Orser, Wilson and IMG look good, well above everybody right now.
    Well, probably you meant IB Sports. Yu-Na has bad history with IMG :P

  2. #182
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Yu-Na
    3Lz+3T 10.00 +2.00 = 12.00
    3F 5.50 +1.00 = 6.50
    LSp4 2.70 +0.60 = 3.30
    SpSq4 3.40 +1.40 = 4.80
    2A 3.50 +1.80 = 5.30
    FSSp4 3.00 +0.50 = 3.50
    SlSt3 3.30 +0.80 =4.10
    CCoSp4 3.50 +0.80 = 4.30


    NAKANO
    3Lz+2T 7.30 -1.40 = 5.90
    3F 5.50 -0.40 = 5.10
    FCSp4 3.20 +1.00 = 4.20
    SpSq4 3.40 +1.00 = 4.40
    2A 3.50 +0.40 = 3.90
    CiSt3 3.30 +0.20 = 3.50
    LSp4 2.70 +0.60 = 3.30
    CCoSp1 2.00 +0.50 = 2.50


    Mao
    1A+2T 2.10 -1.00 = 1.10
    3F 5.50 +0.40 = 5.90
    LSp3 2.40 +0.60 = 3.00
    SpSq3 3.10 +0.80 = 3.90
    2A 3.50 +1.00 = 4.50
    FSSp4 3.00 +0.30 = 3.30
    SlSt3 3.30 +0.80 = 4.10
    CCoSp4 3.50 +0.50 = 4.00

  3. #183
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,217
    ^ Good grief, Kim got 8.9 points in GOEs alone!

  4. #184
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    816
    Hi, first time posting here though I've enjoyed reading your posts.

    Ever since Yuna started her Senior debut, I have re-kindled my interest in watching figure skating, again. I'm just a casual fan with no technical knowledge in skating, but I know something about psychology. Like many in here, I am concerned about Mao. Watching her practice skating, I can tell how tense her upper body is. And that is manifestation of anxiety/stress as I 'm sure you know.

    I have my own guess as to both her long-term and short-term anxiety. However, my immediate question is, Does she have a psychologist and/or sport psychologist to consult with? She'll need an immediate help to assert herself if she hope to have a decent season.

    I know that most elite athletes have regular consultation with sport psychologist. But I also know that Japanese culture tend to stigmatize consultation with mental health professionals.

    Just a thought. Then we can address her costume, how to fire a "legendary coach" her mother is "crazy about," etc.

  5. #185
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Yu-Na
    3Lz+3T 10.00 +2.00 = 12.00
    3F 5.50 +1.00 = 6.50
    LSp4 2.70 +0.60 = 3.30
    SpSq4 3.40 +1.40 = 4.80
    2A 3.50 +1.80 = 5.30
    FSSp4 3.00 +0.50 = 3.50
    SlSt3 3.30 +0.80 =4.10
    CCoSp4 3.50 +0.80 = 4.30


    NAKANO
    3Lz+2T 7.30 -1.40 = 5.90
    3F 5.50 -0.40 = 5.10
    FCSp4 3.20 +1.00 = 4.20
    SpSq4 3.40 +1.00 = 4.40
    2A 3.50 +0.40 = 3.90
    CiSt3 3.30 +0.20 = 3.50
    LSp4 2.70 +0.60 = 3.30
    CCoSp1 2.00 +0.50 = 2.50


    Mao
    1A+2T 2.10 -1.00 = 1.10
    3F 5.50 +0.40 = 5.90
    LSp3 2.40 +0.60 = 3.00
    SpSq3 3.10 +0.80 = 3.90
    2A 3.50 +1.00 = 4.50
    FSSp4 3.00 +0.30 = 3.30
    SlSt3 3.30 +0.80 = 4.10
    CCoSp4 3.50 +0.50 = 4.00

    Where are these posted?

  6. #186
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    680
    Ladies short is being shown on Universal Sports right now (Cable Channel 187 in the SF bay area). The first group is up - Alexe Gilles is on the ice. Before this, they showed the Top 5 ODs.

  7. #187
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,217
    Welcome, CARA. Post often, post long!

  8. #188
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by skate4ever View Post
    Where are these posted?
    Just found on a random forum that says this was on FSU. Believe or not :P

  9. #189
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    Ladies short is being shown on Universal Sports right now (Cable Channel 187 in the SF bay area). The first group is up - Alexe Gilles is on the ice. Before this, they showed the Top 5 ODs.
    Hope I can watch in the internet :(

  10. #190
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    Just watched Yu Na's SP.

    Awsome doesn't begin to describe it.

    I think every SP she has had during her senior years is a masterpiece, the LPs, not so much (except The Lark Ascending). David Wilson is great and IMHO I think he has in Yu Na the perfect vehicle for his work.

    Too bad for Mao... I'm wondering if this partnership with TAT is the best thing for her. Anyway, she's a fighter and I hope she'll pull back on the FS.
    Last edited by beep_beep; 10-16-2009 at 08:16 PM.

  11. #191
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Just found on a random forum that says this was on FSU. Believe or not :P
    I see. I was just wondering if Yuna or Mao received any "!" or "e" deductions for their jumps.

  12. #192
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    267
    there's kim yuna, and then there's everybody else. it appears that either rochette or cohen are the only ones who even have a chance to get near her. i don't think either can outjump her.... maybe get close if they are ON. they'll need to get points elsewhere....showcase their strengths... anywhere more than 5 points back in the short and they're heading into the long at too much of a disadvantage. cohen should be able to get an advantage over kim with + GOEs in her spins and spirals. but then again, who knows? haven't seen rochette's short. she'll really want to push for a 3/3 now, lol.

    great debut, that's for sure. i don't know about an 18 point lead....but that's the way it is...

  13. #193
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    242
    Yuna is awesome! but I don't want to see her peak too early, she better make some small mistakes tomorrow

  14. #194
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ANW View Post
    Yuna is awesome! but I don't want to see her peak too early, she better make some small mistakes tomorrow
    she is clearly the Slutskaya of 2009. Completely dominating the field and looking nearly invincible. Right now I REALLY want to say:
    _______________________________________

    http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/200...al_270x202.jpg

    just mail it to her now.

    _______________________________________

    but, you know...well, actually, you don't...

  15. #195
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    242
    well, i don't want to start a fight, but IMHO, yuna is much better than slutskaya. athletically speaking, irina was brilliant but artistically not so much, while kim has both, she has no major weakness in her skating.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    she is clearly the Slutskaya of 2009. Completely dominating the field and looking nearly invincible. Right now I REALLY want to say:
    _______________________________________

    http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/200...al_270x202.jpg

    just mail it to her now.

    _______________________________________

    but, you know...well, actually, you don't...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •