Ladies short program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies short program

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
She's still crawling... Just painfully slow... The choreography has absolutely no connection with the horredous music cut.

I saw a lot more speed from her, especially on the TV. On Youtube she still looks a little slow. I thought the chreo was great, but I agree that the music cuts could be better.

But who else agrees that Masquerade Waltz sounded much better as a SP? It did not sound so repetitive. But it does not exactly sound like a innocent young girl at her first ball. There are so many fluffy, light waltzes if that is the theme they were going for.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Just listening to the sounds, Yuna's music sounds really like a guy. I didn't imagine that this type of music could be so cute. Perhaps the fact that Yuna being very skinny, fragile-looking young woman creates a suprising effect that makes the program more intriguing. This reminds me of a fashion column stating that women who are soft and femine actually look better wearing something hard and women with a more masculine face look nicer with something feminine and delicate. The basic idea is to betray your first impression, making you look less easy to understand.
At the same time, Yuna does have powerful, almost masculine skating so that the music does not overpower her.