Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ladies short program

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Since I can't watch this until later on today.....I just want to thank everyone for the updates.

What's going on with Kostner? Is she still in a complete downward spiral?

Yu-Na....just give her the Olympic gold medal now....

Custom Title
    Download and search KNN SBS!!!

http://www.livestation.com/account/streams/2154094-sbs

Nakano's sp is on!

Not much more I can say about the fabulous Queen YuNa but

No matter who you are rooting for you gotta respect YuNa's performance.
    Congrats to all of the ladies, overall imo the skating was very good today.

Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Poor Carolina...Hopefully she'll have a better outing in the long.

I really felt, despite the still-wonky take offs, that Caroline's speed and presentation (sass!) really improved... I'd like to see the protocols, as I am not quite sure why she got that score-- that was her best axel in ages, though of course it still needs maaaajor improvement.
    I agree and thought Caroline skated a little better than her marks.
    Considering she is still getting back into shape I thought she did well.
    And she is bringing back a 3x3 once her knee is back at full strength.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Even with a 3A/2T, I don't think Mao can touch Yuna Kim, especially with the scores the judges give her. There's no way. I honestly think all the other girls will be fighting for 2nd & 3rd place at the Olympics.

Yuna Kim is simply the best. I think if she stays in for the next two Olympics she honestly can match Katarina Witt. JMHO.
    AHHHH, that 3A is such a risky element!!
    And I agree. Even if she nails it, I don't think the judges will place her higher than Kim unless she commits some errors.
    YN is just Rocky Mountain solid at the moment.

The speed and height on her jumps are simply amazing.
    Even I can see it. WOW.

Custom Title
    arg I was unable to watch ladies :(
    I feel awful reading Caro's PbP though, I was rooting for her to make a strong comeback, especially after the catastrphic Worlds...

And I agree with Mao's dress looking like a cake or something. Pistachio and Cherry Jubilee flavour, I'm sure.

Custom Title
    Mao can compete with Yu Na, but not if she banks on her triple axel. It has become a very inconsistent jump for her and missing it in the short just destroys her score. Does she still have a 3-3? If so, she should start doing it--in the short program and the long. Yu Na is a better short program skater than a long program skater. If Mao can keep pace with her in the short, it's up for grabs in the long. But if Mao keeps giving away points with missed tripel axels in the short, the competition, like this one, will be over before we even get to the long program.

Custom Title

2009 TEB Women's SP results are out!!!

I was watching it online just now, it's 1:58 pm in New York.

Here are the results for Women's SP.

1. Yuna Kim (76.08)
    2. Nakano Yukari (59.64)
    3. Mao Asada (58.90
    7. Carolina Kostner (51+)

Yukari had a clean program. Nice music, she was very stable and
    landed all the jumps. I like the spin speed, overall, a nice clean program. It's amazing, Yukari has been so consistent that she beat Mao again. Some commentators have said that maybe she does not receive as high score because of her crossed leg jumping. (Because judges don't like it so). But Yukari is an extremely capable skater and she is always very threatening to others.

Mao..... she popped triple axel. She's been popping her TA, so
    maybe Mao and Tarasova should change their strategy? :(
    You can't find the Japan Open video on youtube anymore for some reason, but Mao popped both TA there, and now here again.
    You should have seen Tarasova's face they showed.
    The moment Mao jumped, Tarasova had a huge smile, then
    her face was filled with a great disappointment. It's such a sad
    moment, because you know they train so hard, and then
    it doesn't get executed at the competition!!!
    Mao's outfit, I don't know what to say.... it's personal taste I guess.

Yuna, as you can see from her score, had a solid clean program.
    I wish her music had more impact in the beginning, but
    her spiral has improved tremendously, and I can see that
    she is so much faster than the previous skaters. I think her
    spin positions are not as pretty as the other skaters, but still
    no one can beat her jumping, really. Also, I like the step sequence. WOW.

Carolina kostner fell. I guess it was a lot of pressure after Yuna had a clean program, and also going as the last skater. She looks more confident than last season though. Oh boy, I don't even want to remember her world championship disaster. Even the NBC commentators said that it was a total nightmare. I have that on recording and whenever I see Carolina, I fast forward. :(
    Last edited by figurejennah; 10-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Custom Title
    I don't mean to get any other Mao Fans down, honestly, I'll be her fan until the bitter end.

That said, she n-e-e-d-s the 3A/2T in the SP, but in order to defeat Yuna Kim, Yuna has to make mistakes, BIG mistakes. I just don't see that happening. Not only that, I don't wish for anybody to make mistakes, I want everybody to skate their best, and may the best one win. As it should be. JMHO.

BUT, I agree, in order to even make it close Mao needs to land everything in her SP to just hang on, and then skate lights out in the LP. Anything is possible, anything, never give up hope, ever. As Walt Disney so famously said:

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    arg I was unable to watch ladies :(
    I feel awful reading Caro's PbP though, I was rooting for her to make a strong comeback, especially after the catastrphic Worlds...

And I agree with Mao's dress looking like a cake or something. Pistachio and Cherry Jubilee flavour, I'm sure.
    Gosh, Mao's dress, close-up, was hideous!
    I don't know what they were thinking, and it doesn't suit the music, either.

YN's dress, close-up, was better than I thought.
    From a far, she looked straight out of Tarzan movie.

I really liked CaroZ's red fiery one.
    It makes her look so much mature!

Custom Title
    Mao needs a program change, the judges are not receiving this program very well.
    The Caprice program would be a better match. She needs a program that focuses on her strengths, light and airy.

If she wants a triple axel in her sp, maybe she could try this layout:

3Flip-3loop
    Steps into 3axel
    2axel

She doesn't need to beat Yuna in the sp, she just need to bridge the gap between their scores. She cannot afford a 10+plus margin between 1st and 2nd place.

Lambiel is the best!!
    I don't mean to get any other Mao Fans down, honestly, I'll be her fan until the bitter end.

That said, she n-e-e-d-s the 3A/2T in the SP, but in order to defeat Yuna Kim, Yuna has to make mistakes, BIG mistakes. I just don't see that happening. Not only that, I don't wish for anybody to make mistakes, I want everybody to skate their best, and may the best one win. As it should be. JMHO.

BUT, I agree, in order to even make it close Mao needs to land everything in her SP to just hang on, and then skate lights out in the LP. Anything is possible, anything, never give up hope, ever. As Walt Disney so famously said:

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
    YN is kind of turning into what Plushenko was to other men skaters before Torino, isn't she?
    She seems to be at least a fall ahead of everyone's clean, except maybe Mao if she can nail her 3A/2T.

Custom Title
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why does Mao need a 3A in the SP, if she has a 3-3? Why not just match Yu Na, jump for jump? If Mao has a problem on the lutz, do a flip. Mao's spirals, spins and footwork are, IMO, better than Yu Na's.
    She can compete, but not with missed triple axels.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze

Well said

Congrats to Yu-Na, Yukari and Mao

Didn't watch the ladies, but having read this thread, not sure if I want to youtube Elene's sp.

Custom Title
    Mao will have to elaborate her 3A first before she try 3A/2T. Even her 3A success rate is not high... I'd say it's a lottery jump for her. I want to see Mao first brings a clean short program first then we can compare with Yu-Na after that. From what I've seen at Japan Open and TEB, I doubt she will have clean 2 3A's in her LP with that success rate.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast