Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Original dance

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Pechalat Bourzat 56.34
    Thank God I'm a Country Boy Dolly Parton, Roy something or other plus a country waltz
    He in red shirt and desert camo chaps over jeans.
    She has gold hula skirt and camisole top in brown with gold edging. Really cool cowboy boots
    Nice edging during the slow part
    Good clogging during the fast part
    Assisted Back flip over Fabian's back to end
    Are they repeating that closing move from T&D's 1983 Barnum FD again? I thought they only did it last year, as a sort of tribute, to end their circus themed FD. It's good to see 26 year old T&D original moves being recycled!

THANK YOU for another superlative live report Doris.
    Much obliged from us TV starved icedance fans in blighty.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    But it just seems that the olympics are going to be one great big hoe down, in an effort to endear themselves to the Canadian crowd. Besides Folk was the original dance two years ago, I am all folked out....what's is wrong with the Swing Combo, that is great number to do in an olympic. Fast, Exciting, and gets the crowd involved.
    I don't know why people would think that country music would endear them to a Canadian crowd. It's not like Vancouver is Calgary. I found these country songs to be extremely annoying and for the most part the programs were immature and unrefined!

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    I don't know why people would think that country music would endear them to a Canadian crowd. It's not like Vancouver is Calgary. I found these country songs to be extremely annoying and for the most part the programs were immature and unrefined!
    I am sorry that you did not get the edited version of my post, but your exactly right, I cannot stand any of these country music hoe-down type numbers. I have no idea what brought about this philosophy but PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

HOE DOWN (does not) = ICE DANCING (JUST WRONG)

I personally was disappointed when I heard that the Kerrs were not going to use this opportunity to skate to traditional Scotish music.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    with several programs using music from the western americas or country...and then here comes virtue and moir with a polished look performing a flamenco-ESQUE program...yeah there will be contrast.

i love flamenco programs but i feel it needs more flamenco- the feet. stomping. clapping. but still a really good OD. i agree with the person stating that the lift was out of character....correct not a very elegant position with the skirt covering everything but her legs. nice interesting entry...just not for flamenco. i wonder what score/level those twizzles got....61.91....

i wish i could see the other teams especially P/B.

FREE DANCE!

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    FSU from those who attended the practice sessions. Apparently they were imprecise and stiff during the CD/OD practises.

I always take what I am reading on these boards with grain and salt, too many folks have their own favourites and are subjective, therefore believe when I see it. V/M look very well prepared.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post

Oh now I see the twizzle problem from Tessa..

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    Just for the record, the FSU posters giving practice reports were saying that all the dancers looked tight and imprecise in practice...they weren't picking on V/M.

Happily, V/M did just fine in both the CD and OD although I have seen them skate more relaxed in the past. Course their flamenco is an intense dance as it should be. They looked great!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    For those interested, Universal Sports aired the last flight of the ice dance with the ladies short program. Gorskova/Butikov, Samuelson/Bates, Pechalat/Bourzat, Kerr/Kerr, and Virtue/Moir were shown. Through the week, there will likely be repeats of the program, so dance fans might want to tune in.

Rinkside
    Quite happy with V/M's program. Yes, not the most original concept (vs. D/W's East Indian or D/S Australian Aboriginal concepts) but I'm glad they chose something they felt comfortable with. Obviously, still a fair bit of kinks especially from Tessa. Aside from the aforementioned twizzle problem, I also felt she was trying to hard to capture the whole flamenco feel a little to much that it impeded the dance a tad. Playing with the skirt, trying to look impassioned complete with the choreography seemed to be too tall of a task at this point in time. I think it will definitely get better with time, and overall it was quite a good effort. This dance really showed to me though that Scott Moir is one of the best male ice dancers around, and it really showed in this dance. He showed nice expression, and I thought he was able to shine quite a bit in the foot work sections in particular. I don't think anyone can top A/P for a really well-done flamenco, but that was a different era. Sure, it was true to the dance and had excellent expression but that SBS step sequence wasn't particular hard and V/M have to balance the tough technical requirements with character of the dance and I think they did an admirable, and applaudable job

Custom Title
    awesome OD from Virtue and Moir, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by maharbaforwards View Post
    I don't think anyone can top A/P for a really well-done flamenco, but that was a different era.
    Personally I loved P&B's Flamenco for the debut Folk OD season in 07/08.

Nicky Slater said it was the best OD at Europeans that year, and I agree it was grossly underscored. I didn't even notice the tech requirements - it was a seamless flow of fantastic movement, characterisation and choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Thanks so much. Did you manage to capture any other performances you could possibly upload please?

Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    i agree with the person stating that the lift was out of character....correct not a very elegant position with the skirt covering everything but her legs. nice interesting entry...just not for flamenco.
    Wow at that amazing entry!! I really liked the whole lift, it fitted in with the flourish of the drums at that point of the music.

Though I do wish there were less required elements so we could see the real essence and flair of this couple in creating their own moves and choreography as they would want.

Custom Title
    La Rhumba, This youtube user has been doing a good job uploading so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    La Rhumba, This youtube user has been doing a good job uploading so far.
    Thank you for the link!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast