Original dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original dance

i love to skate

Medalist
Well the Kerr's had the most entertaining dance but it was a bit wild in places. She had some balance issues in her first twizzle as well. I liked the ending! Go V/M!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice Johnny Cash routine, obviously this couple is looooooooved by the crowd! :)

Few twizzle stumbles, but otherwise great routine!:clap:

skatingbc

Final Flight
So far, I like the American's American Folk least! Yeah, P/B's outfits were a little tacky, but I thought they matched their program. The Russians pink creations were particularly cringeworthy!

L'amour

On the Ice
Not me....I am finding these routines painful (I hate country music). Three in a row is a bit much too! AHH!

I have the same problem, although I kind like traditional country, its fun and everything but I can not apreciate the dances been traslate to the ice.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Carron and Jones (new team) 45.18
Lord of the Dance look
Dark green with celtic knot look over illusion. Four leat clove knot at her neck.
Huge lord of the dance belt on him. Black pants white shirt.
Blondy people doing skippity F/w

:laugh:

Cheers Doris! :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
V&M provided the serious Spanish flair, lovely outfits, gorgeous. Little stumble on one twizzle, but obviously the leaders. :)

i love to skate

Medalist
Wow Tess and Scott!! Amazing....loved it. The first lift was incredible! Fabulous use of the music, expression, and use of her skirt! Definetly blew everyone else away!

jcoates

Medalist
Loved the Kerr energy and character. They might have been sloppy in points though. Lots of potential.

Thoughts on V/M?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Gorshkova Butikov 45.58
Russian
High, bright fuchsia boots with upturned pointy toes on both
She has fuchsia round hat, black fur edging, and a long braid with a fuchsia bow.
White coats with heavy, heavy trim.
He has fuchsia baggy pants
Sit spin twizzle one way, regular the other. Not sure they got enough forward motion in the sit spin
Unison off, often
Nice hydroblade lift to the side with her leg up way high
Very spirited rendition and I hope to see this later in the year.
They are behind NavBoms, overall

Samuelson Bates 46.55
Dixie Chicks Medley (Long Time Gone & White Trash Wedding)
He is infull cowboy regalia with fringed chaps and vest and hat.
She is in short red halter top, Daisy Dukes
Very bad stumble by Evan in ae Twizzle.
Funny some times they deliberately don't point their feet, but sometimes they forget and point them.
Nifty lift.
2nd to Nav Boms in OD but first overall.

Pechalat Bourzat 56.34
Thank God I'm a Country Boy Dolly Parton, Roy something or other plus a country waltz
He in red shirt and desert camo chaps over jeans.
She has gold hula skirt and camisole top in brown with gold edging. Really cool cowboy boots
Nice edging during the slow part
Good clogging during the fast part
Assisted Back flip over Fabian's back to end
Suspect this is not a winner

Kerr/Kerr 54.73
Johnny Cash I've been everywhere
She's a truck driver in bare midriff top and Daisy Dukes
He's in plaid shirt, jeans, wide brim straw hat, hitchhiking
unison breaks in s/l he jumps over her
flip and turnlift cool
Huge side kick with heel click by John
They get into a pretzel with him driving the truck to end.
Great fun. French crowd loved it.
Now behind P&B

Virtue/Moir 61.91
In black again. Rose in hair. Moir has white shirt.
Farrulas (flamenco)
Should go into first by a lot
Lots of the required angst and skirt swishing.
The clapping action and arm movements in he first set of twizzles was very cool, too.
Really great S/L step with recrossing steps.
Lift was not smooth yet, and not particularly in character
Great first outing of this dance though.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Close, almost a tie between the American couples in 4th & 5th, and then a point difference between 2nd&3rd, and of course V&M are untouchable. The FD should decide who places where. :)

Thanks, guys/ice dancers, for an enjoyable day of ice dancing!:love:

skatingbc

Final Flight
OMG, Tessa and Scott were amazing. I had a question mark about her dress length, but the fabric they chose has fantastic movement to it and was a great choice. Should be even better by the end of the season!

herios

Medalist
V/M did so much better than I thought! Tessa's expression could be better, but that was so solid! I didn't see a problem with the twizzles, but maybe I missed it?

For the first time out, it looked very good. It should serve them well in their quest for the Olympic podium, well received and it's actually better than their last 2 years OD. I like it a lot!

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Maybe its the Original Dance in general, having an OD like the folk dance gives skaters a broad music spectrem to choose from, which leads to variety within the field, which is good considering both 2002 and 2006 olympics had latin themes after 5 teams they all sound and look the same (to me at least). But it just seems that the olympics are going to be one great big hoe down, in an effort to endear themselves to the Canadian crowd. Besides Folk was the original dance two years ago, I am all folked out....what is wrong with the Swing Combo, that is great number to do in an olympic year. Fast, Exciting, and gets the crowd involved.