Inserts for skaters? | Golden Skate

Inserts for skaters?

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
Hi guys, need some advice!

My husband has started skating again and has noticed that he is skating on an inside edge, although his skates are perfectly aligned. He has no problems holding outside and inside edges in general (eg. consecutive edges), however, he really has to think about forcing his right skate to make it go on a flat edge instead of an inside one. Are there any inserts that he could possibly use to help with this problem?

Thanks.

midori78

Rinkside
I think I have the same problem with my right skate, but I think that's just because I need more ankle support and padding due to very skinny ankles. My skates tear them up unless I have them wrapped and/or padded somehow....

rsk8d

Rinkside
A company called 'Superfeet' makes a specific insert for skates. However, it is important to visit an experienced boot fitter to mount your blade correctly and determine the need for any kind of orthotic/arch support.

jjane45

On the Ice
It's probably pronation. Superfeet yellow insoles for skaters should work, but I agree with rsk8d that he should visit a boot fitter first. Sometimes they take care of it by mounting a small piece of rubber (?) between the boot and blade.

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
Thanks, yeah, we'll probably try to have him go see someone about it. But thanks for the advice!