Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Results 601 to 614 of 614

Thread: Ladies LP

  1. #601
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    She came up and its fun to poke the bears...
    My real life is stressful enough
    Stressful??? like what...not enough shoes???

    Bear poking....ahhhhhh KW, we come so far in the last few years!!!

  2. #602
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    spark67, Just becuase I do not appreciate your favorite skater as much as you do, you decide to call me childish. I have a right to write my own opinion. How do you know that I have not know Yuna personally????? You do not know anything about me. I do not have to elaborate on how I found Yua seems a bit arrogant (which she was not before. Of course the fame changes the people...). I can write whatever I feel here.
    1. I feel Yuna does not deserve this much of hypes considering her spins, spirals(especially edge change) ,footworks were not that great.
    2. I do not appreciate her music and dresses as much as last year. I feel they are too plain.
    3.Her Lutz and 3/3 combinations are the best in the world.

    Is it a big problem???????

  3. #603
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    spark67, Just becuase I do not appreciate your favorite skater as much as you do, you decide to call me childish. I have a right to write my own opinion. How do you know that I have not know Yuna personally????? You do not know anything about me. I do not have to elaborate on how I found Yua seems a bit arrogant (which she was not before. Of course the fame changes the people...). I can write whatever I feel here.
    1. I feel Yuna does not deserve this much of hypes considering her spins, spirals(especially edge change) ,footworks were not that great.
    2. I do not appreciate her music and dresses as much as last year. I feel they are too plain.
    3.Her Lutz and 3/3 combinations are the best in the world.

    Is it a big problem???????
    I really wonder why you think Yuna is arrogant off the ice. I have never seen any evidence of this. I know you don't want to elaborate but I find both Yuna and Mao quite nice and have never seen this arrogance that you speak of. I'm really curious, perhaps you've have seen something I haven't.
    Last edited by Phoenix347; 10-24-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: adding omitted word (you)

  4. #604
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I really wonder why you think Yuna is arrogant off the ice. I have never seen any evidence of this. I know you don't want to elaborate but I find both Yuna and Mao quite nice and have never seen this arrogance that you speak of. I'm really curious, perhaps you've have seen something I haven't.
    I do not wonder why Prokofiev thinks Yuna is arrogant off the ice after reading other posts of his/hers. If can also write whatever I feel here, Prokofiev does not have to elaborate it here 'cause to me, a Korean/Yuna's fan, it seems to come from his/her negative view on Korea.
    Last edited by ilunga1965; 10-24-2009 at 09:40 PM.

  5. #605
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    159
    Yeah...Again & Again... Yuna's score is too high~~ blah blah~

    Her Spiral is worse 0-point O~~~~~~bviouly...

    But other girls lie down on the ice and take a rest while she is jumping.

    yeah...That is Yu-na's sin too.

    You guys all want Yuna retire. Maybe next year she...

    IMO, She is just destroying an ecosystem. She is 'Axis of Evil' for ISU and Great figure fans.

  6. #606
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    Yeah...Again & Again... Yuna's score is too high~~ blah blah~

    Her Spiral is worse 0-point O~~~~~~bviouly...

    But other girls lie down on the ice and take a rest while she is jumping.

    yeah...That is Yu-na's sin too.

    You guys all want Yuna retire. Maybe next year she...

    IMO, She is just destroying an ecosystem. She is 'Axis of Evil' for ISU and Great figure fans.


    I registered last week and don't know how many posts which mention the Yuna-Mao rivalry I read. I'm really getting sick of it. Is figure skating all about politics, money and nationalism? Enough is enough.
    Last edited by ilunga1965; 10-25-2009 at 03:43 AM.

  7. #607
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    spark67, Just becuase I do not appreciate your favorite skater as much as you do, you decide to call me childish. I have a right to write my own opinion. How do you know that I have not know Yuna personally????? You do not know anything about me. I do not have to elaborate on how I found Yua seems a bit arrogant (which she was not before. Of course the fame changes the people...). I can write whatever I feel here.
    1. I feel Yuna does not deserve this much of hypes considering her spins, spirals(especially edge change) ,footworks were not that great.
    2. I do not appreciate her music and dresses as much as last year. I feel they are too plain.
    3.Her Lutz and 3/3 combinations are the best in the world.

    Is it a big problem???????
    Prokofiev, of course you don't have to elaborate on your opinion. However, to make a negative comment on a skater's personality and then decline to back up your opinion is unfair. Moreover, by writing your opinion here you accept the fact that it's going to be challenged by people.

    Another way of looking at it. Based on your perception, Yu-Na Kim is arrogant. However, because you decline to explain your reasons, we have no basis to accept your argument except our own perception, via her comments to the media, demeanour at competitions, etc.

    Someone here finds your childish, because their perception of you is based on your comments on this website. How is that any different?

  8. #608
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15
    Where did you get the impression that Yuna's arrogant?
    I agree that she's not exactly a type of person who always smiles in front of the media and all, and that could come off as being aloof and reserved. But maybe you don't really know about Yuna and what she's been through?

    I read from an article that Yuna's novice/junior years were quite painful. She had to skate with injuries and not-the-best environment for a figure skater in Korea, not to mention that her family went through difficulties financially supporting Yuna's career.

    Brian Orser also mentioned at his interview that Yuna was really shy when she first went to Canada to be Orser's pupil, and that she wouldnt smile often. Yuna's previous coach in fact called Orser and told him to make Yuna a "happy skater." I'm sure I've read it somewhere between Yuna and Orser's interviews b/c Orser said he still remembers that his predecessor asked him to make Yuna a happy skater.

    But I'm sure as everyone can see, Yuna nowadays seems much happier and brighter.

    Don't talk about how she is and what she's like when you dont even know her! That's plain ugly
    Last edited by ann918; 10-26-2009 at 06:42 AM.

  9. #609
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    Yeah...Again & Again... Yuna's score is too high~~ blah blah~

    Her Spiral is worse 0-point O~~~~~~bviouly...

    But other girls lie down on the ice and take a rest while she is jumping.

    yeah...That is Yu-na's sin too.

    You guys all want Yuna retire. Maybe next year she...

    IMO, She is just destroying an ecosystem. She is 'Axis of Evil' for ISU and Great figure fans.
    You know, it's bot-like posts like these that creates resentment among fans. Where on earth have you seen posts calling for Yu-Na to retire? Who, besides you, have called her the "Axis of Evil"?

    You may think you're doing Yu-Na a favour, but think again.....

    And please, just because someone thinks Yu-Na's PCS is too high or her spirals aren't the best doesn't mean that they are a hater or a Mao-uber.

  10. #610
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,692
    ^ ITA. I'd say something else in relation to this but I won't.

  11. #611
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    You know, it's bot-like posts like these that creates resentment among fans. Where on earth have you seen posts calling for Yu-Na to retire? Who, besides you, have called her the "Axis of Evil"?

    You may think you're doing Yu-Na a favour, but think again.....

    And please, just because someone thinks Yu-Na's PCS is too high or her spirals aren't the best doesn't mean that they are a hater or a Mao-uber.
    Despite all this beef everyone seems to be having with the CoP, I think Tiger Woods' PCS have been spot on.

  12. #612
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    spark67, Just becuase I do not appreciate your favorite skater as much as you do, you decide to call me childish. I have a right to write my own opinion. How do you know that I have not know Yuna personally????? You do not know anything about me. I do not have to elaborate on how I found Yua seems a bit arrogant (which she was not before. Of course the fame changes the people...). I can write whatever I feel here.
    1. I feel Yuna does not deserve this much of hypes considering her spins, spirals(especially edge change) ,footworks were not that great.
    2. I do not appreciate her music and dresses as much as last year. I feel they are too plain.
    3.Her Lutz and 3/3 combinations are the best in the world.

    Is it a big problem???????
    Is it a big problem? No, it's not a big problem if you don't appreciate Yuna's skating. Why should it be? If Yuna's performances don't do anything for you, then that's a completely justified statement which I would not refute. After all, it's your personal opinion. However, regarding my point about Yuna's "arrogance", if you didn't understand my points very well and the reason was that I didn't elucidate very well, then I take responsibility for that.

    Incidentally, please note that I ASKED you whether you knew Yuna personally - I NEVER ASSUMED you didn't nor did I state it as a fact. However, if you're going to state that someone is arrogant, shouldn't you explain why she is? Even if it is only your opinion, you should validate your comments. Just because we have the freedom to express our opinions, it doesn't mean we shouldn't take responsibilty for them. If you feel that Yuna is "arrogant" off the ice, then you should state the reason why you feel that way. Otherwise, it's mere slander - because there's no basis or reason for the accusation. I find it ironic that you STILL don't clarify in your latest statement whether you DO know her personally or not and the reason you find Yuna "arrogant". Rather, it seems that you prefer to argue the point about whether I think that you know Yuna personally or not. I find it very difficult to believe that she would offend anyone willingly or knowingly. Regardless, it's moot point unless YOU prefer to elucidate.

    Regarding your point #1: I respect your opinion on this. It doesn't mean I have to agree, but it's all cool. It would be interesting, however, for you to state which female skater, in your opinion, has all of these great elements. Maybe I'm missing out on some great performances that I should be watching out for.
    Your point #2: Same statement as point #1 above.
    Your point #3: I agree.

  13. #613
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    After watching Yuna's TEB performance on Youtube, I'm seriously contemplating going to Lake Placid. That was something.
    But then it's Thanksgiving...traveling two weeks in a row would be ugh..

    Anyways, very well done Yuna!

  14. #614
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by ilunga1965 View Post
    Is figure skating all about politics, money and nationalism?
    As in any area of the World where business is involved, there will always be a sect of people for whom this is true.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •