Ladies LP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Not, really. There was no at least a bit clear program besides Yuna's and Nakano's. I won't be surprised if Yuna did skip her jump on purpuse cause that's what happens when you do it good.

figurejennah

On the Ice
i think she was totaly over scored again 133.95 without the 3 flip...this is so strange:|

I don't think this kind of comment is good for any skater. :) You say she is over scored "again" and this is "strange," but I must tell you that there is no dirty lobbying going on behind Yuna. Please, let's not turn the forum into the messy youtube video situation where some fans are bickering at each other for somebody being over scored. All I know about yuna is that yuna is there for who she is and what she is capable of. She only got official sponsors after the 2007 world championship, and before then, her parents had to pay for every single thing, and they even had debts. They had so much financial issues that Yuna even thought about quitting. As you can see, there are Japanese sponsors on figure skating rink board all over the place, where as there is no Korean.

I love to watch beautiful figure skating, and seeing these comments make me very upset.

Maybe we should ask the judges why Yuna receives such high score for her incredible speed and amazing jumps? You know that these scores are possible because Mao did get over 75 in her sp during team trophy Japan. Also, Mao's LP pcs in world 2008 was higher than yuna who missed one lutz, even though Mao fell and missed TA, and did not program for over 10 seconds. There will always be questions and doubts....... :)

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I can't figure how Caro 's LP scored higher than Caroline Z's?
I can never understand how Caro gets decent scores after so many mistakes?

1) Reputation
Carolina Kostner is former European champion, 2-time world medalist. Caroline Zhang hasn't even made it to worlds yet.

2) Skating skills and technique
Even if we disregard Caroline's mule-kicking and flutzing, she still skates slower than Carolina Kostner on slow motion.

beep_beep

Medalist
Programs already being posted.
Thank god for youtube and for the wonderful people that post the videos.
Better go before the IN police takes them out...

herro

On the Ice
I've been following the forums for awhile but here goes my first post...

Okay. So a lot of people are questioning yuna's score. First of all, remember at worlds that she not only popped the salchow, but she got no credit for her last spin because she repeated it twice (or something like that). Again, her jumps are improved - more speed going in, coming out, rotations more clearly finished in the air (especially in her two combinations).

I agree that her program is not as dynamic as her short, but it definitely has the level of maturity and sophistication. Skating doesn't have to be about arm-flailing and dramatic movements all of the time. Her program will definitely mature as the season goes on. It was the same way with her last LP. I thought it could use some work when she first skated at Skate America, but it definitely got better by Worlds.

Don't get me wrong - I love Mao too. I think the best thing for her again as many people stated is to get rid of TAT. TAT looked so scary/mean in the short program before Mao went to skate. It seemed like she was chanting "triple axel" to her before she was skating. I feel bad for Mao. She needs a coaching/music/costume change, badly.

krenseby

Final Flight
2) Skating skills and technique
Even if we disregard Caroline's mule-kicking and flutzing, she still skates slower than Carolina Kostner on slow motion.

It's not just the speed, I think Kostner does pretty complicated footwork and does a lot of upper body movement that all contributes to good PCS. All of that is missing in Caroline Z's skating.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
GUYS, please.
Let's think logically. At worlds she got 207.71 points, ok? Here she got 210.03. Where she got inflated scores if she CLEARLY improved?

And remember the situation at Worlds. I understand your concerns about margins, but don't make it look like something that is not. If she got inflated score, she got ones at the Worlds and at 4CC then. Please, don't be rude. Stay calm, stay cool, and if you like other skaters more than Yuna, support them instead of scolding. Please.

Last edited:
Okay. So a lot of people are questioning yuna's score. First of all, remember at worlds that she not only popped the salchow, but she got no credit for her last spin because she repeated it twice (or something like that).
I thought that was Rachael.

Daniel, I don't think any one is being rude. Fans always question judges. (We don't have the opportunity to talk to them in person.) Judges make mistakes too. And reputation judging is real.

herro

On the Ice
Hey Spun Silver -

If I remember correctly, yuna got no credit (0 points) for her last spin because she repeated it earlier in the program. I want to say that she had a similar spin right before the step sequence, if my memory is correct.

Can anyone verify? I'm pretty sure this is what happened.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Remember also that Mao here got second place, while at the Worlds she finished off the podium, because of Joannie Rochette and Miki Ando. They didn't participate here. That's where the margin comes from.

I DON'T say that Mao is bad, I like her very much. But her program is still not executed perfectly, both SP and LP.

figurejennah

On the Ice
I feel that her music and dress this year are very plain and flat.
She acts very arrogant outside of the rink, and I know that many will disagree, but this is my true and honest opinion.
:|

Where did you hear ethat she's very arrogant? I only heard that she
is sweet and polite... everyone who knows her has said so including johnny weir, adam rippon, patrick chan, michelle kwan, etc... ?

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
all that needs to be said.

AFAIK, Yuna is not doing a flip combo in this program. Her flip is being done as a single jump (like in her SP). She is doing a 3L + 3T this season. Btw, it looked spectacular to me, as good as the best guys are doing

Last edited:

Sk8bug

Spectator
Wow, I just watched Yu-na's LP. Her jumps were great, but her skating was just not exciting. Her spins are slow and unpolished. I am not seeing very much improvement since last year!

bekalc

Record Breaker
I thought that was Rachael.

Daniel, I don't think any one is being rude. Fans always question judges. (We don't have the opportunity to talk to them in person.) Judges make mistakes too. And reputation judging is real.

It was both Rachael and Yu-na. Look, maybe Yu-na's PCS were to much, but I don't think Mao deserved 60 PCS for that program either.. I think Yu-na absolutely deserved to win by the margin she won by even with the no flip. I'm willing to bet Mao had some downgrades....

*Sniper*

On the Ice
This LP. Wow, how unpredictable.
So Yuna breaks another record, and Mao's still struggling.
Didn't see that coming.

Now, I'm most concerned about CaroZ.
Really, her bizarre techniques and lack of speed are even more glaring now that she's grown up!
Youth and immaturity can't be an excuse any more.

I know that Nadine is very excited about her potential, and so was I.
But after watching this event, Ay ya ya ya ya ya....
And I'm sure if those were simple fixes, they would've been done already.

I don't think she will somehow find a way to skate faster and correct that awful AWFUL kick before the Nationals.
(from one camera angle, her cr**ch said picaboo.)
And I think the Paris judges have sent her a loud and clear message, too.

bmelanie

On the Ice
ina bauer into the 2-2-2
spread eagle into the 2A-3F
3Z integrated seamlessly between her footwork sequences
2A coming straight out of her second footwork sequence
FSSp straight out of the 2A

Okay, after rewatching the program and taking note of the detailed, interesting transitions that this team worked into the choreo, I understand the astronomical PCS. They really worked to develop the cohesiveness of the technicality and the artistry - upon rewatching, it's really the most interesting program I've seen.

Last edited: