Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Custom Title
    I'm glad Mao seems to have recovered from the disaster that was the Japan Open. But seriously, if I were Tarasova, I would put my foot down and make Mao take out that second 3A. The error margin is much too high, especially for an Olympic year. On the bright side, Mao's LP has potential, and her expression has improved. It could be a masterpiece if she skates it well and changes her dress

Yu-Na's LP...like last year, I like her SP much better than her LP. I have to agree with the other posters who say it's a bit of a snoozer but I think she'll improve. But wow, what a score....even with the bailed jumping pass. She is clearly the skater to beat in Vancouver next February.

Custom Title
    At last Worlds her score was without two jumps. There is nothing inflated here. Wait for the protocols anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skate4ever View Post
    It almost seemed like that Yuna left out the 3F on purpose because she did not want to peak too early.
    Yuna has improved her spirals, spins and laybacks each year she has been with Orser. Her jumps are near perfect so why would anyone doubt her scores?

I can't figure how Caro 's LP scored higher than Caroline Z's?
    I can never understand how Caro gets decent scores after so many mistakes?

Mao did better than in Japan - maybe it was her "Super Hero" costume that gave her an added boost today.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    She is clearly the skater to beat in Vancouver next February.
    More like the foreordained winner. I'm really amazed at the FP score. The SP margin I totally understand, but this, no.

Protocol link doesn't work for me - whole ISU page is down.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I can't figure how did Caro 's LP scored higher than Caroline Z's?
    Because the rest of her skating, other than jumps and spins, was clearly superior to Caroline Z's.

Custom Title
    Not, really. There was no at least a bit clear program besides Yuna's and Nakano's. I won't be surprised if Yuna did skip her jump on purpuse cause that's what happens when you do it good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by raress View Post
    i think she was totaly over scored again 133.95 without the 3 flip...this is so strange:|
    I don't think this kind of comment is good for any skater. You say she is over scored "again" and this is "strange," but I must tell you that there is no dirty lobbying going on behind Yuna. Please, let's not turn the forum into the messy youtube video situation where some fans are bickering at each other for somebody being over scored. All I know about yuna is that yuna is there for who she is and what she is capable of. She only got official sponsors after the 2007 world championship, and before then, her parents had to pay for every single thing, and they even had debts. They had so much financial issues that Yuna even thought about quitting. As you can see, there are Japanese sponsors on figure skating rink board all over the place, where as there is no Korean.

I love to watch beautiful figure skating, and seeing these comments make me very upset.

Maybe we should ask the judges why Yuna receives such high score for her incredible speed and amazing jumps? You know that these scores are possible because Mao did get over 75 in her sp during team trophy Japan. Also, Mao's LP pcs in world 2008 was higher than yuna who missed one lutz, even though Mao fell and missed TA, and did not program for over 10 seconds. There will always be questions and doubts.......
    Last edited by figurejennah; 10-17-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post

I can't figure how Caro 's LP scored higher than Caroline Z's?
    1) Reputation
    Carolina Kostner is former European champion, 2-time world medalist. Caroline Zhang hasn't even made it to worlds yet.

2) Skating skills and technique
    Even if we disregard Caroline's mule-kicking and flutzing, she still skates slower than Carolina Kostner on slow motion.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    How in the world did she score 133.95 without her flip combo....O__O.

I hope olympics aren't going to be like this....
    all that needs to be said.

Custom Title

Programs already being posted.
    Thank god for youtube and for the wonderful people that post the videos.
    Better go before the IN police takes them out...

Custom Title
    I've been following the forums for awhile but here goes my first post...

Okay. So a lot of people are questioning yuna's score. First of all, remember at worlds that she not only popped the salchow, but she got no credit for her last spin because she repeated it twice (or something like that). Again, her jumps are improved - more speed going in, coming out, rotations more clearly finished in the air (especially in her two combinations).

I agree that her program is not as dynamic as her short, but it definitely has the level of maturity and sophistication. Skating doesn't have to be about arm-flailing and dramatic movements all of the time. Her program will definitely mature as the season goes on. It was the same way with her last LP. I thought it could use some work when she first skated at Skate America, but it definitely got better by Worlds.

Don't get me wrong - I love Mao too. I think the best thing for her again as many people stated is to get rid of TAT. TAT looked so scary/mean in the short program before Mao went to skate. It seemed like she was chanting "triple axel" to her before she was skating. I feel bad for Mao. She needs a coaching/music/costume change, badly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    2) Skating skills and technique
    Even if we disregard Caroline's mule-kicking and flutzing, she still skates slower than Carolina Kostner on slow motion.
    It's not just the speed, I think Kostner does pretty complicated footwork and does a lot of upper body movement that all contributes to good PCS. All of that is missing in Caroline Z's skating.

Custom Title
    GUYS, please.
    Let's think logically. At worlds she got 207.71 points, ok? Here she got 210.03. Where she got inflated scores if she CLEARLY improved?

And remember the situation at Worlds. I understand your concerns about margins, but don't make it look like something that is not. If she got inflated score, she got ones at the Worlds and at 4CC then. Please, don't be rude. Stay calm, stay cool, and if you like other skaters more than Yuna, support them instead of scolding. Please.
    Last edited by Daniel5555; 10-17-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Okay. So a lot of people are questioning yuna's score. First of all, remember at worlds that she not only popped the salchow, but she got no credit for her last spin because she repeated it twice (or something like that).
    I thought that was Rachael.

Daniel, I don't think any one is being rude. Fans always question judges. (We don't have the opportunity to talk to them in person.) Judges make mistakes too. And reputation judging is real.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast