Ladies LP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

daniel1406

Rinkside
OMG Guys... if it's true...

OMG..
I found one article..
In the interview, Yuna said she felt like something was stuck with her skate edge when she was about to jump TF in her LP. (She didn't miss the timing nor the skating flow.. but she just gave up )

Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link....
and the problem is there were actually stuffs on the ice from that unpacked huge flower. Although the little kid cleaned it with tissue , no one checked it after..

If it's true
Thank Goodness that Yukari wasn't affected by that...
Thank Goodness that Yuna didn't jump ..

anyway weather it's true or not, pp shouldn't throw things to the link that can dirt the link ..
the pp who threw the that big flower.. couldn't u pack it completely? OMG.. that could be dangerous to the players who should perform their program after..
wat will u do if the skaters r injured cuz of that...
In fact, YUKARI and YUNA could b injured cuz of that.

just pp !! packing is important !!! Do Not throw things unpacked(unwrapped) !!
it's such a just common knowledge..

even little dirts can lower the quality of ice and that could lead injuries of skaters...
I don't want any skaters to b injured in this season(it inc OLYMPIC) especially Sasha,Yuna,Mao,Caroline.......

and about every accidents happened on ice , even little ones, the security guy should check it and fix it perfectly..

Last edited:

Okami

On the Ice
Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link....

Dear heavens, it was a SUNFLOWER, not a sculpture made of rock and metal. It wouldn't even scratch the ice. Believe me, it is pretty difficult to scratch the ice.

Nothing heavy enough to damage the ice is ever thrown as a gift for the skaters. If it was, it could potentially kill the skater it is being thrown to (or one of the flowergirls).

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
OMG..
I found out one article..
Yuna said when she was turning to jump TF in her LP. She felt like something in her skate edge.. so she couldn't jump ..

Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link.... and the location that the pp threw that big flower and Yuna's jumping location was pretty same.. u no the sun flower seeds could be spread to anywhere around that location...

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?i...rch_pos=-303533&k_type=0100&keyword=해바라기&bbs=

God if it's true...

and even it's not true.. pp shouldn't throw things to the link that can dirt the link ..
the pp who threw the that big flower.. couldn't u pack it completely? OMG.. that could be dangerous to the player..
if it's ture.. and Yuna just jumped and failed her TF.. she could've been injured..

just pp !! packing is important !!!

even little dirts can lower the quality of ice and that could lead injuries of skaters...

I don't know why security guys didn't check this properly.

skate4ever

Rinkside
There is no one on the scene now who comes close and consequently, skating is taking a nose dive, especially in the USA.

I agree with oxade21.

Kyla2, I think you're talking from an American perspective and it's safe for you to delete the world "especially" from your claim. In Japan and Korea, the attention Michelle Kwan received in her hedays pales in comparison to what Yuna Kim and Mao Asada is getting today.

Even in the U.S., Michelle was not the prime athlete of her day. She was not even close to athletes like Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, and received less endorsements than her female contemporaries like Mia Hamm or Marion Jones (regardless of the fact that Marion was performing under the influence of illegal steroids).

Yes, Michelle Kwan was a great skater but it's a stretch to say that her popularity at the time is incomparable to that of Mao and Yuna today in every part of the world.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
sunflowers incident was funny cause thelittle boy who tried to carry them was smaller than the flowers :laugh: And he was dropping stuff! But he got a big applause from audience:clap:
But it was thrown on the whole other diagonal side of the rink and not where yuna didnt try her jump!
Both Yuna and Mao have great audience by the way, I learnt some japanese words:biggrin:

daniel1406

Rinkside
but did u notice that .. the boy was actually picking the dirts or seeds or watever after all?

and the boy was carrying the big flower on the link ...

wat I'm saying is the security guy should've check that and I shouldn't be happened again ..

after that Yukari and Yuna played their performances ..

the ice should be kept clear ...

seniorita

Record Breaker
Judges and one guy gave order and the children cleaned the ice from flower drops, thats why Yukari was skating circles until everything was fine, but it was not a big fuss or anything..at least from what i understood.
Mao 's program I liked it by the way, live it works really well and her spins:love:
In the warm-up there was the battle of triples between Yuna and Mao, lol!

skatingbc

Final Flight
Just finished watching the Free's...

The best part of Mao's program was the little girl at the end carrying the sunflowers that were bigger than her. Her dress was awful. I really don't understand the choker thing, on anyone. I get it if it's a halter dress, but not if the dress has an open neckline. I really wish Mao would try something different than classical music. I think the music is too heavy for her. Sucks about that double axel...I guess she contracted Brian Joubert syndrome.

I liked Yuna's program. I like the music and I thought she performed to it well. I would like to see Mao with music similar to this type.

Caroline was ok. Again, hit by downgrades and -GOEs, no big surprise there.

Last edited:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
OMG..
I found one article..
Yuna said when she was turning to jump TF in her LP. She felt like something in her skate edge.. so she couldn't jump ..

Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link.... and the location that the pp threw that big flower and Yuna's jumping location was pretty same.. u no the sun flower seeds could be spread to anywhere around that location...

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?i...rch_pos=-303533&k_type=0100&keyword=해바라기&bbs=

God if it's true...

and even it's not true.. pp shouldn't throw things to the link that can dirt the link ..
the pp who threw the that big flower.. couldn't u pack it completely? OMG.. that could be dangerous to the player..
if it's ture.. and Yuna just jumped and failed her TF.. she could've been injured..

Wow, another conspiracy!
Yay.:sheesh:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
sunflowers incident was funny cause thelittle boy who tried to carry them was smaller than the flowers :laugh: And he was dropping stuff! But he got a big applause from audience:clap:
But it was thrown on the whole other diagonal side of the rink and not where yuna didnt try her jump!
Both Yuna and Mao have great audience by the way, I learnt some japanese words:biggrin:

Now that is a real conspiracy!!
I thought a young GIRL cleaned up the mess, not a boy.
So was it a boy or a girl?

If it was indeed a boy, then why would he appear girlish enough to confuse the viewers and give the impression that he (or was it she?) was being buried alive under the sunflowers....

on the ice rink where Mao had just skated....

and only 10 minutes or so before Kim was due to skate....

Hmmmmmmm......:cry:

daniel1406

Rinkside
Judges and one guy gave order and the children cleaned the ice from flower drops, thats why Yukari was skating circles until everything was fine, but it was not a big fuss or anything..at least from what i understood.
Mao 's program I liked it by the way, live it works really well and her spins:love:
In the warm-up there was the battle of triples between Yuna and Mao, lol!

That's the problem .. there was actually dirts or seeds or watever on the ice
although the boy(or girl) cleaned it .. and no one checked it after that...

As Yuna said .. she felt like something was stuck with her skate edge when she was about to jump her TF in her LP... there is still possibility that was some dirts or small seed...

anyway wether it was just her feeling or was actually some stuff from that big flower .. the security guy should've check the ice again after the little kid cleaned it with tissue..

and pp should pack their thing completely before they throw..

Last edited:

daniel1406

Rinkside
OMG.... If it's true...

OMG..
I found one article..
In the interview, Yuna said she felt like something was stuck with her skate edge when she was about to jump TF in her LP. (She didn't miss the timing nor the skating flow.. but she just gave up )

and the problem is there were actually stuffs on the ice from that unpacked huge flower. Although the little kid cleaned it with tissue , no one checked it after..

If it's true
Thank Goodness that Yukari wasn't affected by that...
Thank Goodness that Yuna didn't jump ..

anyway weather it's true or not, pp shouldn't throw things to the link that can dirt the link ..
the pp who threw the that big flower.. couldn't u pack it completely? OMG.. that could be dangerous to the players who should perform their program after..
wat will u do if the skaters r injured cuz of that...
In fact, YUKARI and YUNA could b injured cuz of that.

just pp !! packing is important !!! Do Not throw things unpacked !!
it's such a just common knowledge..

I don't want any skaters to b injured in this season(it inc OLYMPIC) especially Sasha,Yuna,Mao,Caroline.......

and about every accidents happened on ice , even little ones, the security guy should check it and fix it perfectly..

Last edited:

newvie

Rinkside
Now that is a real conspiracy!!
I thought a young GIRL cleaned up the mess, not a boy.
So was it a boy or a girl?

If it was indeed a boy, then why would he appear girlish enough to confuse the viewers and give the impression that he (or was it she?) was being buried alive under the sunflowers....

on the ice rink where Mao had just skated....

and only 10 minutes or so before Kim was due to skate....

Hmmmmmmm......:cry:

There was a girl and a boy.
Both of them struggled with flowers and gifts and for the first time during two days, i saw them skating around to pick up remaining dangerous substances. And then the announcement came saying not to throw items not properly wrapped/packaged. Well, nakano got many gifts/flowers, too, so we never know that "something" is from whose fans - it can also be coming from fans of other skaters in the group 2 ; )

Well, anyway we had a good lesson here: we need to package our gifts, otherwise it'll be our skaters who will be wrapped in bandages.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Presents should be completely wrapped and the staff usually instruct the audience. That's said, this kind of accident may still happen. I saw a skater picking up some material from a costume of a skater who skated earlier. Sometimes the skater's edge is caught in a hole that was created by someone skated earlier who did a toe jump or something. The program staff do their best in cleaning the ice, but it could be just as clear as bare eyes can see.

harmy18

Rinkside
OMG..
I found one article..

Here welcome Korean media and its conspiracy:clap:

Would you pls elaborate exactly how that sunflowers DIRT the ice? It seemed like different directions, the sunflower were far away from her jump took-off place. Or you meant the pollen, leaves or seed?

Actually I think we should refer to Yukari who skated before Yuna, don't you think :biggrin: She's the one to judge whether the ice clean or not

daniel1406

Rinkside
I'm not saying .. Yuna was failed jumps cuz of that.. and Korean Media?? I'm Aussie.. ;;

anyway . . My point is that pp should package their all present completely.. read my original again .. I mentioned Yukari and Yuna both of them. and like Bennett said ALL players after this kinda accident have same potential to be affected by that bad quality of the ice.

harmy18

Rinkside
I'm not saying .. Yuna was failed jumps cuz of that.. and Korean Media?? I'm Aussie.. ;;

anyway . . My point is that pp should package their all present completely...

I meant that Korean pic reminded me of some broadcasts from Korea:biggrin:

I think the sunflower was packed but due to its over size, paper could not wrap, maybe......actually I quite like that sunflowers.....

ilunga1965

Rinkside
I'm a Korean and have just registered because there's noone who could answer for the Korean media.

There were some reviews about the Ladies LP that mentioned the short delay of the competition and the announcement because of the 'stuff' on the ice before the performance of Yukari. And some captures about the spot came out after that, which insisted that Yukari and Yuna had problems of jumping on the spot.

Some big fans of Yuna got upset because of the potential possibility of the accident and mentioned that it must have been a fan of Mao 'cause she had just finished her performance.

There has been almost always some controversies between the fans of Yuna and those of Asada after a big competition. It comes and goes away, like some strange youtube clips. That's it.

Sorry about my terrible English. I haven't used that for a LONGTIME.

Last edited: