Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 614

Thread: Ladies LP

  1. #316
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Why?
    I HATE predictable competitions.

  2. #317
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Zhang got negative GOE on every jumping pass. She needs to get that fixed. Even someone with a comparably bad jumping technique like Nakano manages to beat her.

    She also screwed up my predictions, she was supposed to win Bronze!

    Oh yeah, and World Record with 5 Triples? You gotta be joking! There were several junior ladies these year who skated more technically demanding programs.
    This is kinda interesting, does the negative GOE come from the fact that her jumps have little height and distance and therefore look puny?

    Why does she have the jump technique that she does? Other skaters seem to have no issues with attaining much better height and distance.

  3. #318
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    So what if she was a little overscored? Are we going to discredit all the judges because of that? Remember that she lost to Mao on her home ice in last year's GPF. Judges can't please everybody with every score so we should be happy that the best skater walked away with a gold medal and let's hope that the same thing happens at every event including the Olympics
    skateforever

    that is WHAT IS WRONG WITH FIGURe SKATING__it is cheating--
    that is what make i\the sport not a sport--NOT Credible
    CHeated for Yu-na -
    wont cheat for mao
    USFSA Tells international judges to purposely keep vcaroline zhang down--make sure she gets downgrades and overloook the small mistakes and downgrades on other us skaters like rachel, sasha alissa, ashley, alexie, mirai.
    caroline wil be the next michelle you know in she has to skate PERFECT THE GET THE Score the other US Skaters can BOMB and still get the scores.
    caroline kostner shouldn't been above zhang. in free skate,

  4. #319
    Lambiel is the best!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by harmy18 View Post
    Well, maybe judges thought her spiral was stable whilst from my point of view, it was sharky today; pls refer to her leg suspended in the first few seconds of the spiral, it shook.....

    well....maybe someone would think it was still worth level 4.....
    So you saw her wobbly free leg and thought the whole thing was shaky?
    Yeah, that's what I usually do, too. HAHA

    Her free leg does bend at the knee a bit, too, I think.
    I'm wondering whether that's related to her hip problems, but whatever.
    She can't be perfect.

    And thank you to other posters who've elaborated their views on spiral sequences.
    That was very helpful.

  5. #320
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    So what if she was a little overscored? Are we going to discredit all the judges because of that? Remember that she lost to Mao on her home ice in last year's GPF. Judges can't please everybody with every score so we should be happy that the best skater walked away with a gold medal and let's hope that the same thing happens at every event including the Olympics
    skateforever

    that is WHAT IS WRONG WITH FIGURe SKATING__it is cheating--
    that is what make i\the sport not a sport--NOT Credible
    CHeated for Yu-na -
    wont cheat for mao
    USFSA Tells international judges to purposely keep vcaroline zhang down--make sure she gets downgrades and overloook the small mistakes and downgrades on other us skaters like rachel, sasha alissa, ashley, alexie, mirai.
    caroline wil be the next michelle you know in she has to skate PERFECT THE GET THE Score the other US Skaters can BOMB and still get the scores.
    caroline kostner shouldn't been above zhang. in free skate,
    1. Huh? How did they cheat for Kim but not Mao?

    2. Since this thread is about TEB, lets limit our comments to Alexe and Zhang. How did Alexe benefit from the judges overlooking her mistakes (this is what you're arguing).

    3. And why should Zhang have been ahead of Kostner in the free?

  6. #321
    Lambiel is the best!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    that is WHAT IS WRONG WITH FIGURe SKATING__it is cheating--
    that is what make i\the sport not a sport--NOT Credible
    So are you arguing that other sports are "sports" because they have no cheating AT ALL?

    Unless you are joking, I think you might be in for a big surprise.

  7. #322
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    thank you international judgings for proving me right about caroline zhang and usfsa in helping you--
    how low pcs scores and downgrades--
    how keeping her low so other us girlds skate bypass her-by usfsa juding standards. and by helping the usfsa keeping her down.

  8. #323
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    other sports like swimiing has cheating--but they also go by time

    figure skating goes by OPINION ONLY> which makes cheating look twice as bad-how -favoritism.


    THE OLYMPICS Are about Fair play-if you allow and win by cheating you degrade the olympic jideal (lof which there isn't any-) see swimming high tech cheating. see

    the outrage at the wrong name winners ogm and other medal,s you lose out on money-character and public perceptions of fair play and sportmanship.
    the us had it in michelle-the usfsa told other countries to ignore it at olympicsthey
    CHEAted.

    why do you think people are still complaining.
    unfair winners.

  9. #324
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    other sports like swimiing has cheating--but they also go by time

    figure skating goes by OPINION ONLY> which makes cheating look twice as bad-how -favoritism.


    THE OLYMPICS Are about Fair play-if you allow and win by cheating you degrade the olympic jideal (lof which there isn't any-) see swimming high tech cheating. see

    the outrage at the wrong name winners ogm and other medal,s you lose out on money-character and public perceptions of fair play and sportmanship.
    the us had it in michelle-the usfsa told other countries to ignore it at olympicsthey
    CHEAted.

    why do you think people are still complaining.
    unfair winners.
    While I believe Kim was overscored, she won fair and square.

  10. #325
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Saying "WHITE IS BLACK" doesn't make it so. How did they cheat?

  11. #326
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,101
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    regarding the huge lead from the short....

    It's not like the other competitors don't stand a chance. They can up their game in the short. Kim's dominance comes from her skill, yes, but to suggest that it's somehow unfair that she's able to do so well in the short whereas others aren't is wierd...
    I don't think RD's point was that the scoring system is unfair, but rather that it can make for a boring competition. Like a (U.S.) football game where one team gets so far ahead in the first quarter that the audience leaves at halftime.

  12. #327
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I don't think RD's point was that the scoring system is unfair, but rather that it can make for a boring competition. Like a (U.S.) football game where one team gets so far ahead in the first quarter that the audience leaves at halftime.
    Precisely MM.

  13. #328
    Lambiel is the best!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I don't think RD's point was that the scoring system is unfair, but rather that it can make for a boring competition. Like a (U.S.) football game where one team gets so far ahead in the first quarter that the audience leaves at halftime.
    I don't think it's the system as much as it is the lack of rivalry.
    Mao is left struggling for whatever the reason is, so someone else has to step up.

  14. #329
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Fair enough, but that's not the scoring system, that's the competition. I guess I definitely prefer it this way to the 6.0/top three in the short way.

  15. #330
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,101
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Fair enough, but that's not the scoring system, that's the competition. I guess I definitely prefer it this way to the 6.0/top three in the short way.
    I could go either way. In the current system the short and long programs are like the first period and the last two of a hockey game -- most total goals wins.

    In the old system the short program was more like the semi-finals. The top finishers won the right to go for all the marbles in the final. (Sort of.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    I don't think it's the system as much as it is the lack of rivalry.
    Mao is left struggling for whatever the reason is, so someone else has to step up
    Well, we've got Miki Ando next week and then Joannie Rochette the week following. I've got my fingers crossed for a good start from both.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •