Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Really? Are you sure? I'll try to check the protocols later but for now let's just take a look at this.

This is jump stats from last season compiled by poorScorer.

As for Brian Orser... He is Canadian. Of course, if you were referring to North American, then...
    Aren't we talking about LA? your previous example was from LA, thus I highlighted results from LA......actually Yuna's marks were not that fabulous at the beginning of last season, that's why her margins were not that high

Sure I meant NORTH AMERIAC, not U.S. B.O. used to represent Canada, how can he become U.S. citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    even there, I don't know that Brian or his people have as much pull as the poster suggested. Their team is good but fairly new compared to, say, Frank Carrol...
    If I were to choose, certainly B.O.
    Might be that Frank is powerful, but considering the influence he exerted, B.O. won.
    Last edited by harmy18; 10-18-2009 at 01:36 AM.

BTW, Yuna's 3L3T scores higher than Mao's 3A2T. Perhaps Mao needs 3F3L again?

On the Ice

The reason that I was disappointed

I wasn't even thrilled about this comp cuz.. I knew Yuna was gonna win after her short...
    She is too perfect to be bitten ....

I hope other skaters practice more and more... otherwise.. I want ISU people send Kim to Man's comp... she would get at least bronze medal or something in even man's..

I didn't like the Kim's music.. because I compared them with her's in last season. But I realised that compared to others it's actually good. so It's all fine now...

Um.. some people didn't understand about the really high record score that Yuna got even without TF in her LP...

um.. well.. watch her video again...

the first reason is of course her perfect jumps... the use of edges, air positions and landing positions.. (I haven't seen such a perfect jump in lady's comp.. it's more than perfect actually I should say...)
    and I noticed that in this season Yuna got more + cuz of other thing..
    Did u notice that Yuna's skating speed was little bit slower before her jumps compare to last season?
    That's because of the unique steps before her jumps and after jumps..
    It's really hard to put steps or movements before or after jumps.. especially before.. cuz it could lower the speed and change the direction of skating flow.
    But Yuna did it .. although normal pp (including me) were not interested in the steps before jumps... so pp could wonder that y she got record scores... but I think she deserves it. I do really.. her skating is more than skating .. that's y I love her.
    I'm worrying about me having really high expectations in her skating...lol

Mao.... I loved hers.. was greater than last season actually..
    I hated her coach cuz I thought she made her do 1 TA in short and 2 in her LP.
    But I found out that the reason that she's doing TA's in her programs was because she wanted to....
    I really don't agree with her choice..... I think that choice has been made to win Yuna Kim... But .. y does Mao hav to skate to win Yuna....
    u no wat? I'm telling u .. even if Mao can't win Yuna.. that's fine. I'll still love her skatings and many people will still love her skating..
    I'm sorry for Mao that it's really hard to bit Yuna...
    But it doesn't matter. I do love her skating .... Mao's own skating.. but these days TA is ruining her own skating.... someone should tell her that just skate her own skating..like she did few yrs ago..
    her fans doesn't care wether she's in 3rd or 4th or 5th. As long as she is showing her own skating.. we will love her.

Now her skatings r only focused on TA to win the comp.. it cuz It's ruining her other beautiful talents.. winning shouldn't be the most important thing for her.
    The reason I love Mao is because she has soft skating not about jumps but the beautiful spirals and spins.. the flow of her skatings... Now I'm sad cuz I can't see that..
    Last edited by daniel1406; 10-18-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Custom Title

The Kwan Era

Michelle Kwan literally carried the sport, nationally and internationally. She had several rivalries-Lipinski, Slutskaya and Cohen. They were all at the top of their game, with many fans of their own, but the star was Michelle. Her competitors were interesting people in their own right which added to the drama, and the media stoked the rivalries. The cyberspace was buzzing far more than it is now. Fan sites and the media were obsessed with her. Books, newspapers and the internet covered her every move. She had endorsements all over the place. Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada are pale comparisons. Not even close. Michelle had true star power because of her strong and appealing personality, and her ability to engage the audience with beautifully designed programs, which she skated with passion and heart. There is no one on the scene now who comes close and consequently, skating is taking a nose dive, especially in the USA. When Michelle skated, the arenas were packed everywhere she competed. Not anymore.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    daniel1406, Welcome to Golden Skate!

On the Ice
    Thanks !!

Custom Title
    On CBC Sports, while showing Mao's LP, Kurt Browning said "Beautiful triple lutz double loop...(...).... BUT..."
    But on her protocol, it was actually 3F2L.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    On CBC Sports, while showing Mao's LP, Kurt Browning said "Beautiful triple lutz double loop...(...).... BUT..."
    LOL, even Kurt Browning can't tell which is which

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2 View Post
    Michelle Kwan literally carried the sport, nationally and internationally. She had several rivalries-Lipinski, Slutskaya and Cohen. They were all at the top of their game, with many fans of their own, but the star was Michelle. Her competitors were interesting people in their own right which added to the drama, and the media stoked the rivalries. The cyberspace was buzzing far more than it is now. Fan sites and the media were obsessed with her. Books, newspapers and the internet covered her every move. She had endorsements all over the place. Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada are pale comparisons. Not even close. Michelle had true star power because of her strong and appealing personality, and her ability to engage the audience with beautifully designed programs, which she skated with passion and heart. There is no one on the scene now who comes close and consequently, skating is taking a nose dive, especially in the USA. When Michelle skated, the arenas were packed everywhere she competed. Not anymore.
    Oh please, give me a break. Why don't you compare Kwan's endorsements in South Korea and Japan while you at that. Just because Kwan was popular in US does not mean Mao or Kim are not as popular in their own countries.

Custom Title

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Yeah...Mao's Flip & Lutz is very similar.
    Even Japanese Station, Asahi TV couldn't distinguish it.
    Yesterday, they broadcast Her 3Flip as 3Lutz (by subtitle).
    But Commentator said "That is good 3Flip"
    That was Funny.(Maybe They don't have a Protocol Sheet??)

On the Ice

OMG Guys... if it's true...

OMG..
    I found one article..
    In the interview, Yuna said she felt like something was stuck with her skate edge when she was about to jump TF in her LP. (She didn't miss the timing nor the skating flow.. but she just gave up )

Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link....
    and the problem is there were actually stuffs on the ice from that unpacked huge flower. Although the little kid cleaned it with tissue , no one checked it after..

If it's true
    Thank Goodness that Yukari wasn't affected by that...
    Thank Goodness that Yuna didn't jump ..

anyway weather it's true or not, pp shouldn't throw things to the link that can dirt the link ..
    the pp who threw the that big flower.. couldn't u pack it completely? OMG.. that could be dangerous to the players who should perform their program after..
    wat will u do if the skaters r injured cuz of that...
    In fact, YUKARI and YUNA could b injured cuz of that.

just pp !! packing is important !!! Do Not throw things unpacked(unwrapped) !!
    it's such a just common knowledge..

even little dirts can lower the quality of ice and that could lead injuries of skaters...
    I don't want any skaters to b injured in this season(it inc OLYMPIC) especially Sasha,Yuna,Mao,Caroline.......

and about every accidents happened on ice , even little ones, the security guy should check it and fix it perfectly..
    Last edited by daniel1406; 10-18-2009 at 07:03 AM.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel1406 View Post
    Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link....
    Dear heavens, it was a SUNFLOWER, not a sculpture made of rock and metal. It wouldn't even scratch the ice. Believe me, it is pretty difficult to scratch the ice.

Nothing heavy enough to damage the ice is ever thrown as a gift for the skaters. If it was, it could potentially kill the skater it is being thrown to (or one of the flowergirls).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel1406 View Post
    OMG..
    I found out one article..
    Yuna said when she was turning to jump TF in her LP. She felt like something in her skate edge.. so she couldn't jump ..

Yeah.. it could be her feeling.. but in this article.. It tells about the big sun flower when some figure skating fans threw to the link.... and the location that the pp threw that big flower and Yuna's jumping location was pretty same.. u no the sun flower seeds could be spread to anywhere around that location...

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id...%EA%B8%B0&bbs=

God if it's true...

and even it's not true.. pp shouldn't throw things to the link that can dirt the link ..
    the pp who threw the that big flower.. couldn't u pack it completely? OMG.. that could be dangerous to the player..
    if it's ture.. and Yuna just jumped and failed her TF.. she could've been injured..

just pp !! packing is important !!!

even little dirts can lower the quality of ice and that could lead injuries of skaters...
    I don't know why security guys didn't check this properly.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2 View Post
    There is no one on the scene now who comes close and consequently, skating is taking a nose dive, especially in the USA.
    I agree with oxade21.

Kyla2, I think you're talking from an American perspective and it's safe for you to delete the world "especially" from your claim. In Japan and Korea, the attention Michelle Kwan received in her hedays pales in comparison to what Yuna Kim and Mao Asada is getting today.

Even in the U.S., Michelle was not the prime athlete of her day. She was not even close to athletes like Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, and received less endorsements than her female contemporaries like Mia Hamm or Marion Jones (regardless of the fact that Marion was performing under the influence of illegal steroids).

Yes, Michelle Kwan was a great skater but it's a stretch to say that her popularity at the time is incomparable to that of Mao and Yuna today in every part of the world.
    Last edited by skate4ever; 10-18-2009 at 03:00 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    sunflowers incident was funny cause thelittle boy who tried to carry them was smaller than the flowers And he was dropping stuff! But he got a big applause from audience
    But it was thrown on the whole other diagonal side of the rink and not where yuna didnt try her jump!
    Both Yuna and Mao have great audience by the way, I learnt some japanese words

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast