Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 614

Thread: Ladies LP

  1. #511
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    151
    [QUOTE=Blades of Passion;417722] * Yu-Na was clearly the winner and she will be the clear winner throughout the season, unless a drastic health problem happens. Other than her rock-solid jumps and very good skating ability, she is succeeding because of sex appeal. She creates an aura of desirability with her body line and demeanor. QUOTE]

    ...dude, she's a Bond girl in the SP. What did you expect, a camo jumpsuit and goggles? Her expression is what is suited to the program.

    That said, I agree with the +GOEs on the spins (though not about the PCS) - and I've always thought her spirals could use polishing, they have a tendency to sway up and down somewhat - not necessarily wobble, but shake a little.

    And as for Mao changing her jump layout, I honestly don't think that's going to happen any time soon, that girl is too fixated on her 3As to think of anything else at this point. According to a Japanese newssite it's at her own insistence that there are two 3As in the LP, and after the competition yesterday she said in an interview that the important thing was skating the 3As cleanly. Will someone please tell her 3As don't make the program?

  2. #512
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    I'm not suggesting anyone retire. It's only the beginning of the season and I guess I'm just kind of bored with how it all started out. But we have been down this road in the past with someone looking nearly invincible and then the unthinkable happens... in fact, THAT's my true hope. Not that anyone retires.

  3. #513
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by quikrush View Post
    ITA.
    I shudder at the thought of this year's TEB without Yuna Kim.
    I wouldn't go that far. Yu-Na was fantastic and totally deserving of the gold medal, but I also quite enjoyed Yukari Nakano's Firebird, even with the technical difficulties. Her spins are so great and her musical interpretation and choreography is very lovely and powerful. I also like her speed. It's unfortunate she didn't stand on the podium ahead of Mao because she certainly had the opportunity to do so.

    I haven't had the opportunity yet to watch Carolina Kostner's programs. I'm really peeved at NBC for chacking her LP, despite placing 4th in that segment. :(

    I found Zhang and Gilles both to be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-19-2009 at 10:29 AM.

  4. #514
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Or she can just skip the flip altogether. after all, why bother? She already did her precious combo that places the judges in the palm of her hand. Funny she would never think of "skipping" a flip last year when she had that triple toe to do.
    Good grief, sour much? Yuna already said that the reason she didn't jump was because she felt her body shake and something wasn't quite right, so she decided it would be better to forgo the jump rather than do it and fall (smart choice, IMHO. maybe it seems cowardly or calculating to you, but if she felt something wrong then that's what she felt, no one can gainsay that).
    Sour indeed!

  5. #515
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post

    I found Zhang and Gilles both to be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    The latter was alright, it's her first time on the big scene so I don't expect perfection. I think (assuming she has staying power) a US hopeful for 2014, rather than 2010.

    Zhang, though, I have to agree. She seemed disappointed with her scores, and while I thought they'd be a little higher, she really is not at that top level yet.

  6. #516
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

    Problems abound:

    * Yu-Na ---> Her +GOE on the spins is too high, and PCS for that program and performance was far too high as well.

    * Mao ---> What the hell was wrong with the technical specialist here. Downgrading her perfect Triple Loop? Total failure. Was he snorting coke at that moment or something? Those double loops shouldn't have been downgraded either. Her PCS were also too high, especially given how she finished behind the music.

    Additional thoughts:

    * Yu-Na was clearly the winner and she will be the clear winner throughout the season, unless a drastic health problem happens. Other than her rock-solid jumps and very good skating ability, she is succeeding because of sex appeal. She creates an aura of desirability with her body line and demeanor.

    * Mao's costumes are horrible (the SP one especially). She looks like a little girl playing dress-up for Victorian-styled Halloween parties.

    In fact, MAO is doing pretty much everything wrong. Her LP music needs to change. Her jump layout (for both the SP and LP) needs to change.

    Tarasova has completely screwed Mao over, I'm sorry to say. She doesn't seem to understand CoP and she doesn't understand how to bring out Mao's strengths. Tarasova has failed to present Mao as being different and unique (and superior) in comparison to Yu-Na.

    * The differences between these two skaters are quite obvious. Yu-Na is a toepick jumper and skates outwardly. Mao is an edge jumper and skates inwardly. Their jumping styles not only are completely different, but also compliment their skating styles. Mao has softer knees, allowing her to lilt across the ice more naturally. Yu-Na skates a little "harder", but is also more expressive and explosive.

    Mao's SP from 2007 is a perfect example of her strength when it comes to artistry. She should be doing something like that for her LP this year. And, she NEEDS to fix that jump layout. Going for the second Triple Axel is simply not working out (and, even if it was, that's no excuse to leave out the other important combinations). She underrotates that second 3Axel all the time. She is completely capable of doing 3-3's, but Tarasova seems to be ignoring them. This is a HUGE mistake. A bigger mistake than her horrible costumes and the poor manner in which she is being presented as skater (which at the moment is, "hey look, I can be like Yu-Na too").

    Mao NEEDS this jump layout for her SP:

    3Axel
    3Flip-3Loop
    2Axel

    And for the LP:

    3Axel
    3Flip-3Loop
    3Sal (or 2Axel, if it's really giving her that much trouble)
    ----
    2Axel-3Toe
    3Lutz-2Loop-2Loop
    3Flip
    3Loop

    There is NO excuse to not do the 3-3 and 2Axel-3Toe. These are elements Mao can do and they are of utmost important in scoring points.

    I've said this before about her jump layout and I'm going to keep saying it until someone forces Tarasova to stop ruining Mao's career (and the excitement of having a competitor who can actually defeat Yu-Na).


    This is probably the most coherent, unbiased comment of this thread. Now, we just need to put it on paper and mail it to TAT, ASAP! She has seriously ruined Mao!

  7. #517
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Yu-Na was fantastic and totally deserving of the gold medal, but I also quite enjoyed Yukari Nakano's Firebird, even with the technical difficulties. Her spins are so great and her musical interpretation and choreography is very lovely and powerful. I also like her speed. It's unfortunate she didn't stand on the podium ahead of Mao because she certainly had the opportunity to do so.

    I haven't had the opportunity yet to watch Carolina Kostner's programs. I'm really peeved at NBC for chacking her LP, despite placing 4th in that segment. :(

    I found Zhang and Gilles both to be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Okay, I'll admit I went too far. I'm sorry if I offended anyone who is rooting for the other ladies. But Yuna's brilliant performance made my day and I simply couldn't believe anyone would wish a skater to retire just because she was too good, no less.

  8. #518
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion;417722*
    Mao ---> What the hell was wrong with the technical specialist here. Downgrading her perfect Triple Loop? Total failure. Was he snorting coke at that moment or something? Those double loops shouldn't have been downgraded either.
    I agreed with all of your comments regarding Mao except for the downgrade issue. It was clear to my naked eye watching the video on NBC for the 1st time that Asada had under-rotated those 4 jumps that received downgrades. After her LP, I immediately thought, uh oh! she's in trouble with those downgrades, and sure enough, she got them. As much as her fans may not like it, the judges got that right!

  9. #519
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    I wonder why Elene G. left Elaine Zayak for Robin Wagner?

  10. #520
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    239

    mao's info

    hi!
    i just read an article about mao's Sp.
    she said "i might change my sp music from Masquerade to Caprice in middle of this season" in that article.

    and i read another one.i'm very sad after reading it.
    "when Mao won at GPF last year, the press explained she won because competetion had a few mistaktes" that article said "mao had been depressed until 4cc mao heard the terrible repot"

    PS mao's best PG for sp are 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 one.
    well in my opinion if she change that music, tango or world winning one is better than caprice. caprice is too fast for her competetion program.
    what do you think about it?

    sorry for my poor English

  11. #521
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,652
    Do not apologize! Your English is fine! Welcome to goldenskate! Post long, post often!

  12. #522
    Lambiel is the best!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    hi!
    i just read an article about mao's Sp.
    she said "i might change my sp music from Masquerade to Caprice in middle of this season" in that article.

    and i read another one.i'm very sad after reading it.
    "when Mao won at GPF last year, the press explained she won because competetion had a few mistaktes" that article said "mao had been depressed until 4cc mao heard the terrible repot"

    PS mao's best PG for sp are 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 one.
    well in my opinion if she change that music, tango or world winning one is better than caprice. caprice is too fast for her competetion program.
    what do you think about it?

    sorry for my poor English
    Hello, ayayuki, welcome to the forum!
    Mao's most memorable SP, for me, was the Nocturne from 2006-07.
    So beautiful, and it fit her like gloves, too.
    Whatever changes she makes, I hope she makes the right ones!

    And those darn press....
    She can't win even when she wins!
    (I hope she's alright now.)

    But that's just a part of life for most top athletes in general, I think.
    The expectations are too high, so if it's not a dominant win, people are not impressed.
    Like how some people don't give Federer full credit for winning the French Open because he didn't have to play Nadal in the final.

    Anyway, let's wait and see how she has regrouped this weekend!

  13. #523
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I agreed with all of your comments regarding Mao except for the downgrade issue. It was clear to my naked eye watching the video on NBC for the 1st time that Asada had under-rotated those 4 jumps that received downgrades. After her LP, I immediately thought, uh oh! she's in trouble with those downgrades, and sure enough, she got them. As much as her fans may not like it, the judges got that right!
    Her second Triple Axel was underrotated, the others were not. Especially that Triple Loop, which she does beautifully.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    ...dude, she's a Bond girl in the SP. What did you expect? Her expression is what is suited to the program.
    Regardless of the music she is skating to, Yu-Na always has sex appeal in her performances. It is not just choreography, but her demeanor and body line. You seem to think I am saying this is a bad thing. I'm not.

    Sex sells...and Yu-Na is selling it. She is presenting herself as a desirable, artistic, powerful young woman. That is what everyone wants to see in the Olympic Champion.

  14. #524
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    I think the casual fans like myself were looking around and asking 'so that's it?'
    What were you expecting? Yu-na to take her clothes off?

  15. #525
    Lambiel is the best!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlining View Post
    What were you expecting? Yu-na to take her clothes off?
    What. The. Heck.
    Wha???

    Am I missing something?

    My comment you quoted was in reference to me not really understanding her long program due to the lack of any storyline or climax in her music.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •