Ladies LP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

That's depressing. I don't see how her FP could score so much better than Mao's. Experts, please help me understand. :sheesh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Cherry on top! I honestly think this was a new PB from Yuna! :)

I'm not being sarcastic, but I honestly think they should just hand Yuna the Olympic Gold Medal right now. There's no way anybody can beat her, except for perhaps a miracle. There is no one that can legitimately challenge her when she's on, which is 99% of the time. Mao can make it close though, and I hope she does because I want to see one for the ages!!!! Like the Michelle & Tara showdown.:bow:

What's going to be interesting is the fight for Silver & Bronze!!!!!!!:rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OK, full disclosure, I prefer Mao, but wasn't that a snooze of a program cp'd to Mao? Yu Na pulled a Plushy.

both could have better music for me... but I preferred Yu-Na... I like both ladies and find the whole event pretty snooze worthy every year lol

And I really felt Kim's facial expressions were better than Mao's... the open mouth "O" shape is annoying on any and all skaters.

Kinga

Medalist
Finally this season I 'get' Yuna. She matured a lot. This program was not as nice as her SP, but still... I found many nice details in it. However, at some moments her expression was like in James Bond program, which just felt wrong...
I guess that the battle is not over yet, and if Mao figures out what to do in order not to lose too much in SP, it might be interesting...
Love expressive Mao...

Gee

Rinkside
She could have scored like 143 with the flip combination.....

I'm kind of confused with the scores. She deserved to win but will this happen in the olympics against everybody else?

ae9177

On the Ice
210.3 A new world record! :bow: Yuna Rocks!
There's no competition for ladie OGM, everybody will fight for the silver.

bubbleyum

On the Ice
How in the world did she score 133.95 without her flip combo....O__O.

I hope olympics aren't going to be like this....

well she had a more difficult combo, she replaced it with a lutz combo. but wierd that she would beat her record with a missed jump like that. also no triple loop. and also the whole program just seemed kinda like it had no build up or climax... no drama. but yuna did skate it well and is obviously the best of the field today, she still deserved her win. maybe not the recordbreaking score though.

camion

On the Ice
Great job everyone! Yu-na dominated. However that choreography & music for Yu-na was real generic and boring. She could do so much better.

lmarie086

Medalist
I actually like Yu-Na's LP, I think it has great potential. But honestly, that score? Way, way too high. Especially considering she left out an element. I'm hoping to see this grow more over the season, it's early yet. I think there's room for improvement in the choreography.

Mao...this may not be a popular opinion but I'm not really a fan of the program. It's all jumps IMO; she has to land everything to make it work. Maybe I'm forgetting something already, but I don't recall seeing any choreographic inbetweens. I do like the music though and think she can do well with it..I just want more choreographic detail. She needs to nix that dress though, as well as the SP dress (whoever it was that said it looked like an ice cream cake, ITA!!).

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
both could have better music for me... but I preferred Yu-Na... I like both ladies and find the whole event pretty snooze worthy every year lol

And I really felt Kim's facial expressions were better than Mao's... the open mouth "O" shape is annoying on any and all skaters.

Especially I loved it when she smiled while others hardly did

oxade21

Match Penalty
Mao's program will be the one to remember for ages, IF she hits all jumps. Kim's program is a snoozer.
I do hope that Mao pulls it together.

Gee

Rinkside
And how many points does Yu Na get for her facial expression?

Her facial expressions this year HAS really improved. Last yea was like 'O' that 'O' this 'O' everything... thank god its gone from yuna. Hopefully mao doesn't use that 'O' as much..

Nadine

Record Breaker
What I'm more interested in is US Nationals!!!!

Seriously, Caroline Zhang has what it takes to make the team, Sasha & Rachael better be watching.

I want the BEST one to win, and if Caroline can up her speed, get in a 3/3 combo., and fix at least part of that poor technique before Nationals, then I say put her on the team!!!!!!1:love:

What a fight it's going to be between now & US Nationals!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOO CAROLINE, RACHAEL, SASHA, ASHLEY, MIRAI, ET AL!!!!!:rock: