Mens Long Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mens Long Program

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Ah, well, given how Tomas has opened his seasons in the past, he'll be happy enough with silver here, I think.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Oda, Tomas and Adam!! Great skating from the podium finishers.

Feel bad for Brian though. It is to bad he did not skate his best yesterday or today.

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Well, congrats to:

Nobunari :clap:
Tomas :rock:
Adam :thumbsup:

I did predict Nobunari's win in the prediction thread, but I had Joubert in 2nd, and he's only 4th.

herios

Medalist
Ah, well, given how Tomas has opened his seasons in the past, he'll be happy enough with silver here, I think.

He needs a psychologist, big time.He can do it, but his brain is not strong enough. And please send Ponsero as well to a doctor. these 2 guys are doing a lot of waste in comps.

herios

Medalist
Again he doubled some jumps toward the end.. And one small mistake on the spin. But it was good any way! But I like his other LPs more. I like him more in energetic programs. This one was a bit boring... I dont know if this music suits him. At least this is my 1st impression.

It is a matter of taste. i like his music. Why is boring?

Diva

On the Ice
He got 229.96 points total and 148.96 for the LP. Not sure if I'm disappointed or happy... Usually Tomas peaks later in the season and he has never been outstanding at GPs so I think it's pretty good but why oh why always the doubles towards the end of the program :scratch: Now patiently waiting for vids to come up :)

Anyway, congrats to Nobu! You can be really proud :thumbsup: Can't wait to see his program as well :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
And as usual, he doubles and singles jumps late in the program. He pisses me off so much, I yelled at my computer screen!

After Oda skated his program I knew Tomas' only chance of beating him was to be spot on. I was disappointed with his program towards the end. He just ran out of steam. Oda had the gold medal performance today and Tomas had it yesterday. imo

Katis

Spectator
I thought he studies sport :unsure: But psychology would be funny:laugh:
Yes, he studies at a sports faculty. But he says that to study psychology has always been his dream.

And to the previous comments, in a talk show aired just few days ago he said he already works with some psychologist.

Kinga

Medalist
It is a matter of taste. i like his music. Why is boring?

I did not say that music was boring (although it IS the matter of taste). I said that this program was a bit boring to me, as I like Thomas performing to other types of music. In general this is a good program (compared to other skaters), but just comparing his different programs, it did not grow on me. At least yet.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Oda was amazing, the more I watch his program the more I love it :love:. Although I'm not really a fan of Verner's skating, it's good to finally see a guy with a semi-consistent quad. Oh, and congrats to Rippon for winning his first GP medal :thumbsup:.

OTOH, what's going on with Joubert :scratch:?