Mens Long Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mens Long Program

schiele

Final Flight
Oda was amazing, the more I watch his program the more I love it :love:. Although I'm not really a fan of Verner's skating, it's good to finally see a guy with a semi-consistent quad. Oh, and congrats to Rippon for winning his first GP medal :thumbsup:.

OTOH, what's going on with Joubert :scratch:?

I watched it live here in TEB. It is definetely a good programme for him but he was sooooo disappointed. he didnt leave the kiss n cry way into Ponsero's programme and cried (if I saw it correctly). i have rarely seen him so down and sorry. my heart went out to him. I think he's in a vad place mentally.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Oh, Tomas....when he started doubling his 'easy' jumps, I just went :banging:

Is it a mental thing? Or a stamina thing? Either way, it's frustrating.

I'm not too worried about Joubert, he's not usually his best at the beginning of the season (remember last year?). But I wonder how his coaching change has affected him.

viv

On the Ice
I watched it live here in TEB. It is definetely a good programme for him but he was sooooo disappointed. he didnt leave the kiss n cry way into Ponsero's programme and cried (if I saw it correctly). i have rarely seen him so down and sorry. my heart went out to him. I think he's in a vad place mentally.

I didn't see it yet, so I don't understand why he was disappointed - it was his first important competition of the season, and he won it, didn't he??

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I didn't see it yet, so I don't understand why he was disappointed - it was his first important competition of the season, and he won it, didn't he??

I think that they are talking about Brian, SOMETHING BIG needs to happen before the NHK trophy to get him out of this bad place that he is in.

schiele

Final Flight
I think that they are talking about Brian, SOMETHING BIG needs to happen before the NHK trophy to get him out of this bad place that he is in.

yes I was talking about joubert. Both oda and Tomas were in good spirits and had well receptions. Brian's programme was definetely better than masters but he was so anxious , I guess he wanted to
prove himself he can do it and when he couldnt, he fell apart in the kiss n cry. Btw disaster just happened with yhe Lp of S&S. i know this isnt the forum but couldnt hold it in.

evangeline

Record Breaker

I was happy and pleased with my first four elements then I did my mistakes," Verner said. "There are no limits to my program, I can get more points; the limits are in myself. Today I think Mr. Corleone would be disappointed in me because I was weak on the last elements. In the movie they didn't stop until everyone was dead and I won't stop until I get more points from the judges."

Oh, Tomas....:rofl:

ae9177

On the Ice
Wow, now I can see a quadless ODA going for OGM! :bow: What an amazing start of the season! That's by far my favorite men's LP of the season.
Nice try from Tomas too. I didn't even expect he could make the podium considering his typical rusty performance early in the season. Fantastic 1st half, too bad he didn't hold it up till the end. But his day will come, and that program has great potential! :rock:
Adam is a pleasant surprise! Who would expect he can beat Brian Joubert?! The only thing I don't like is his crossover, still looks too laboured. He used to remind me of Weir a lot, but not any more, the new Adam Rippon has surpassed Weir in many aspects.
Poor Brian, the home rink advantage just isn't applicable to him. I hope he'll get his jumps back, as well as his confidence and have a strong comeback at NHK.
Incredible first competition of the Olympic season, hopefully the coming up GP events will get more and more exciting.

viv

On the Ice

Schiele, cloudkicker, thank you for clearing this up - I can't wait to see Odas program! And Rippon and Verner as well! :yes:

(Off topic: Schiele, if your nickname is for the painter - I adore him!)

enlight78

Medalist
Between Takahashi 2008 4CC, Buttle 2008 Worlds , Evan 2009 Worlds, Oda performance at TEB is right up there; short and long were just amazing; good for Tomas; and fantastic for Adam; US mens Nationals is getting crowded; Old School Weir, Evan, Johnny vs New School Adam, Mroz, and Stephen Carrier(if he gets himself together) but only three spots

Sk8bug

Spectator
Wow!!! Oda is just so amazing.
I wonder what will happen when he hits his quad-triple combo! :clap:
This will be a great season for him.

enlight78

Medalist
Judging from the protocols and his layout today, a perfect Joubert would be aiming for:

4T+3T 13,800
4S 10,300
3A 8,200
FSSp3 2,600
4T 9,800
3Lz 6,600x
3Lo+3T 9,900x
CiSt3 3,300
3S 4,950x
3F 6,050x
CCoSp1 2,000
SlSt2 2,300
CSSp3 2,600

BaseValue 82,400

How reasonable is that???

clean no one could touch him

schiele

Final Flight
i dont think its very reasobable either. and the thing is ( judging by the rest of the program apart from the quad attempts) he doesnt really need it. Tomas' layout is much more reasonable and Im sure Brian can pull it of. i simply dont understand why he pressures himself so much.
I didnt like Oda yesterday but today he was really great. I think Morozov creates much better programmes for men than women. :D

ps: Viv, yes its for Egon. He's my fav painter.