Pairs Free Skate

evangeline

Record Breaker
S/S:
TES: 46.16
PCS: 57.28
-2 for falls
SP: 101.44
3rd place (OMG OMG OMG…who saw THAT coming?)

Congratulations to Masha and Max, though!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Seriously?? :scratch: Did you see Jess and Bryce's faces and emotion during the performance?

No. My feed had their heads removed.

All kidding aside, I think the sheer shock of a clean (!) long program that was romantic (!!) from M/T just floored me. The little bobbles in D/D's program affected me and took me out of the program.

Heh, Aliona swore at the end of the program.

HOLY CRAP at the results.

evangeline

Record Breaker
All kidding aside, I think the sheer shock of a clean (!) long program that was romantic (!!) from M/T just floored me. The little bobbles in D/D's program affected me and took me out of the program.

Heh, Aliona swore at the end of the program.

HOLY CRAP at the results.

LOL, my thoughts echo yours nearly completely. A clean LP from M/T? S/S finishing below M/T AND D/D? Surely mine eyes deceive me....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yeah, while the second and third spots for the rest of the events are up in the air, I'd say that the winners are pretty secure. You can always catch the performances later.

So, anyone got something to wipe this egg from my face? I hope Diva's not too annoyed with me!

herios

Medalist
OMG freak fall from Aliona/Robin.....what happened?

....and another on the SBS jumps. Uh oh...

What happened? Simple, difficult entry into a death spiral she lost her edge and fell, after that, it took a while to get their had together, so consquent mistakes on the sbs 3 sal and another death spiral. Lately she missed the throw 3 sal. never saw them skate with as many major mistakes.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Congratulations for Maria & Maxim! :agree:
I loved Maria'a dress! Very romantic but not over romantic. They definately can show more emotions but it was lovely and finally clean! As for S&S..well, nobody could expect that. I know they will work and won't let it happen again. I don't like the program and costumes are worst in the field. Change it please!

lakeshore

Match Penalty
S&S are the most overrated pair. How many clean long programs have they done in their entire career so far?

evangeline

Record Breaker
S&S are the most overrated pair. How many clean long programs have they done in their entire career so far?

Well, to be fair, they really benefited from having little to no real competition for awhile. Hopefully the other pairs will continue stepping up their game.

pista04

On the Ice
Hm

Please tell me that M/T are NOT skating to Love Story, and in an Olympic year at that.... aye aye aye...

Can't forget the fact that its a Canadian Olympics!

I feel pretty bad for S/S....as much as I dont entirely love them, I was content with them winning Worlds and started to like them...=/....I reaaally hope a non-Russian/Soviet country will win a OGM finally...

i love to skate

Medalist
I can't stop watching D/D! This program is absolutely heartbreaking and I am just so impressed with their expression. I have never seen them skate with their hearts like that and it sounds like they are receiving great feedback on the program. I think there is a strong chance they are going to play spoiler at the Olympics!

evangeline

Record Breaker
I can't stop watching D/D! This program is absolutely heartbreaking and I am just so impressed with their expression. I have never seen them skate with their hearts like that and it sounds like they are receiving great feedback on the program. I think there is a strong chance they are going to play spoiler at the Olympics!

Based on what we saw today, I'd say the pairs team that is going to play spoiler at the Olympics are Mukhortova/Trankov. They've shown us they can score big in the SP last season....if they can keep on skating clean LPs like today, I'd say they have one heck of a chance.

And even as a Canadian myself, I think it'll be hilarious if a RUSSIAN team won Oly gold skating to 'Love Story'.

oxade21

Match Penalty

I thought the program was predictable. Same old story/style from season to season.