Could Sasha be the best ever? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Could Sasha be the best ever?

Piel said:
Up until Campbell's IMO Peggy was the eyeliner queen. But Michelle now has that title too!
I read that Michelle learned her eyeliner technique while on tour with COI in 1994, studying with the masters, Nancy Kerrigan and Oksana Baiul.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I my opinion, one of the best "ever" was Janet Lynn, and she had just a handful of medals compared to other skaters...........42

Pookie

Final Flight
I think it's a little soon to label Sasha "the best ever." She has a long line ahead of her. As someone else said, it's all subjective anyway. My list of best is not going to be someone else's list. Sasha had a very nice program on Campbell's (it was the only one I got to see). She skated it very well but Sasha doesn't do anything for me. She leaves me with a " that's nice" attitude. I like to feel goosebumps when a skater is done. She hasn't given me goosebumps.
Even Sarah Hughes gave me goosebumps with her Olympic performance. I'm not huge on Sarah either. :)

kareliz

Rinkside
Mistyeyed said:
Sasha is learning to be tactful and take her win with grace and appreciation. That is wonderful to see. [/B]

I agree, and really noticed this in her post Cambell's interview. She focused on her happiness about her own skating. Yet also said, of course it's a landmark to win over Michele since she is so consistent and an "American Idol." And she wants to walk in Michele's footsteps. Whether she's been coached (probable) or not, she was really more gracious than I've ever seen her, and I loved that.

Best ever? We'll see - she has so many fabulous qualities. But the landings have to be more smooth and solid and consistent before she could go into such a category.