Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ugly posts on youtube about skaters

Banned

Ugly posts on youtube about skaters

Cyber terror in Youtube site targeting Yu-Na Kim by people with certain nationality is intensifying. There are about 100 postings about Yu-Na uploaded in the site today, and 20% (21 postings so far) of them are unspeakable hate messages on her or her native country. This practice, which recurs during every major international skating event must stop at once. People with the same nationality as these pathetic maniacs should step up and tell these people to stop for the sake of the sport we love and also for the good name of their country.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 10-17-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Custom Title

You are definitely misinterpreting the term 'cyber terror' (hint: google it).

And Yu-Na Kim is not the only skater who has been targetted by videos of that nature.

Is this really necessary???
    Mods?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post

You are definitely misinterpreting the term 'cyber terror' (hint: google it).

And Yu-Na Kim is not the only skater who has been targetted by videos of that nature.

Yes, she is at this moment, and by people with a particular nationality. It has been going on for more than a week now. And please, don't give me that "oh everyone is bashing one another" generalizing crap. Provide any counter-example if you want to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 10-17-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Custom Title
    I have to agree with this poster.
    Today I visited Youtube to watch Yuna's performances again and I got just speechless at the amount of ugly clips against Yuna. I was so surprise that I checked some of the posters's profiles and guess what kind of videos they uploaded... All kinds of Korean bashing stuff you can imagine(Okay, maybe not ALL kinds. I admit I have narrow scope of imagination.)
    I just hope it's one person with multiple pseudo IDs. Otherwise, if there are really that many disgusting people..... so much for world peace.
    It's just pathetic and simply ugly....
    Just leave her alone for God's sake!

Custom Title
    And what exactly is so hard about IGNORING IT?? Be the better person and just ignore it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    And what exactly is so hard about IGNORING IT?? Be the better person and just ignore it.

Let's say one week ago there were two ugly clips there. I ignored that. A week later, there are like 15! They are increasing like Gremlins in water.

Not sure about others but I still try to ignore them. Whatelse can I do?
    But it's really really annoying!!! Urgh Whenever you try to see the newest videos of your favorite skater and first thing you see is those stuff, it becomes really hard to ignore....
    Last edited by gourry; 10-17-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Custom Title
    Recognize that it's based on a stupid rivalry by people who don't care about the sport. Recognize that those doing it are immature brats that don't have much of a life if they spend time demonizing (note, not criticizing) skaters on you-tube. If you can ignore tabloids in the supermarket, you can ignore hate spam on you-tube.

Even if that alien autopsy proves legit and Barack Obama really is the offpsring of a Martian and Venusian.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Recognize that it's based on a stupid rivalry by people who don't care about the sport. Recognize that those doing it are immature brats that don't have much of a life if they spend time demonizing (note, not criticizing) skaters on you-tube. If you can ignore tabloids in the supermarket, you can ignore hate spam on you-tube.

Even if that alien autopsy proves legit and Barack Obama really is the offpsring of a Martian and Venusian.
    I know you're right... But the thing is that it's not even about skating rivalry. They just use Yuna to bash Korea and its people. .....Or is it that most of anti-Yuna are just Korean bashers? In any cases, I just wish they leave her alone.

Custom Title
    Those malicious videos are, as ImaginaryPogue points out, uploaded by idiots who care more about formenting hate and rivalry than the sport itself. If you ignore the videos, don't give them any views or attention, you take that power away from them....they'll move on.

The point is that the people who actually take the time to upload those videos want you to watch their videos, get all outraged and start threads like these to stoke up the flame wars.

Custom Title
    This is the scary thing about the cyber world.
    A person from country A will post something against their own country, pretending as though they are from country B, just to make country B look bad. And then, immediately, people assume that country B is wrong.
    What I'm trying to say is that you cannot assume that every ugly post comes from a certain country.
    As SHALLWEDANSU said, just IGNORE it!! Be smart about it. Seriously, if you keep worrying and getting concerned about those negative comments, you're just going to get older and gray.

Go Rachael, Go Alissa, Go Caroline. Go Mirai and Go Alexis!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    You cannot be Queen without the haters. All the great queens had them. It comes with the territory.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    You cannot be Queen without the haters. All the great queens had them. It comes with the territory.
    I agree. You know you've made it big when you build a legion of haters as well as fans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    This is the scary thing about the cyber world.
    A person from country A will post something against their own country, pretending as though they are from country B, just to make country B look bad. And then, immediately, people assume that country B is wrong.
    What I'm trying to say is that you cannot assume that every ugly post comes from a certain country.
    As SHALLWEDANSU said, just IGNORE it!! Be smart about it. Seriously, if you keep worrying and getting concerned about those negative comments, you're just going to get older and gray.

Go Rachael, Go Alissa, Go Caroline. Go Mirai and Go Alexis!
    I think you are trying to press that the hate postings are up by Koreans. Just check the posters' personal channels and see their previous postings, other channels they follow, and their favorite videos. It is pretty obvious of what nationality these people are (down to one country) and it isn't Korea.

If I were from the same country as these idiots, I would go to youtube and reply to their postings by telling them that's enough and they are humiliating their own country and fellow people.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 10-17-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Custom Title
    I am not saying that they are all from Koreans. I know there are so many Koreans who love Japanese comics and Chinese videos. Just like my old roommate, some of them used to live in Japan and speak Japanese fluently.
    To be honest, I do not care where they are from. Those comments and videos are not worth my time. I am trying to make your life a little easier by suggesting to IGNORE!!!!!!
    If you do not want to, that is your choice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast