Ugly posts on youtube about skaters | Golden Skate

Ugly posts on youtube about skaters

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Cyber terror in Youtube site targeting Yu-Na Kim by people with certain nationality is intensifying. There are about 100 postings about Yu-Na uploaded in the site today, and 20% (21 postings so far) of them are unspeakable hate messages on her or her native country. This practice, which recurs during every major international skating event must stop at once. People with the same nationality as these pathetic maniacs should step up and tell these people to stop for the sake of the sport we love and also for the good name of their country.

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
:disapp:

You are definitely misinterpreting the term 'cyber terror' (hint: google it).

And Yu-Na Kim is not the only skater who has been targetted by videos of that nature.

jaws12345

Match Penalty
:disapp:

You are definitely misinterpreting the term 'cyber terror' (hint: google it).

And Yu-Na Kim is not the only skater who has been targetted by videos of that nature.

Yes, she is at this moment, and by people with a particular nationality. It has been going on for more than a week now. And please, don't give me that "oh everyone is bashing one another" generalizing crap. Provide any counter-example if you want to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
I have to agree with this poster.
Today I visited Youtube to watch Yuna's performances again and I got just speechless at the amount of ugly clips against Yuna. I was so surprise that I checked some of the posters's profiles and guess what kind of videos they uploaded... All kinds of Korean bashing stuff you can imagine(Okay, maybe not ALL kinds. I admit I have narrow scope of imagination.)
I just hope it's one person with multiple pseudo IDs. Otherwise, if there are really that many disgusting people..... so much for world peace.
It's just pathetic and simply ugly....:mad:
Just leave her alone for God's sake!

gourry

Final Flight
And what exactly is so hard about IGNORING IT?? Be the better person and just ignore it.

Let's say one week ago there were two ugly clips there. I ignored that. A week later, there are like 15! They are increasing like Gremlins in water.

Not sure about others but I still try to ignore them. Whatelse can I do?
But it's really really annoying!!! Urgh :mad: Whenever you try to see the newest videos of your favorite skater and first thing you see is those stuff, it becomes really hard to ignore....

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Recognize that it's based on a stupid rivalry by people who don't care about the sport. Recognize that those doing it are immature brats that don't have much of a life if they spend time demonizing (note, not criticizing) skaters on you-tube. If you can ignore tabloids in the supermarket, you can ignore hate spam on you-tube.

Even if that alien autopsy proves legit and Barack Obama really is the offpsring of a Martian and Venusian.

gourry

Final Flight
Recognize that it's based on a stupid rivalry by people who don't care about the sport. Recognize that those doing it are immature brats that don't have much of a life if they spend time demonizing (note, not criticizing) skaters on you-tube. If you can ignore tabloids in the supermarket, you can ignore hate spam on you-tube.

Even if that alien autopsy proves legit and Barack Obama really is the offpsring of a Martian and Venusian.

I know you're right... But the thing is that it's not even about skating rivalry. They just use Yuna to bash Korea and its people. .....Or is it that most of anti-Yuna are just Korean bashers? In any cases, I just wish they leave her alone.:frown:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Those malicious videos are, as ImaginaryPogue points out, uploaded by idiots who care more about formenting hate and rivalry than the sport itself. If you ignore the videos, don't give them any views or attention, you take that power away from them....they'll move on.

The point is that the people who actually take the time to upload those videos want you to watch their videos, get all outraged and start threads like these to stoke up the flame wars.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
This is the scary thing about the cyber world.
A person from country A will post something against their own country, pretending as though they are from country B, just to make country B look bad. And then, immediately, people assume that country B is wrong.
What I'm trying to say is that you cannot assume that every ugly post comes from a certain country.
As SHALLWEDANSU said, just IGNORE it!! Be smart about it. Seriously, if you keep worrying and getting concerned about those negative comments, you're just going to get older and gray. :laugh:

Go Rachael, Go Alissa, Go Caroline. Go Mirai and Go Alexis!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
You cannot be Queen without the haters. All the great queens had them. It comes with the territory.

jaws12345

Match Penalty
This is the scary thing about the cyber world.
A person from country A will post something against their own country, pretending as though they are from country B, just to make country B look bad. And then, immediately, people assume that country B is wrong.
What I'm trying to say is that you cannot assume that every ugly post comes from a certain country.
As SHALLWEDANSU said, just IGNORE it!! Be smart about it. Seriously, if you keep worrying and getting concerned about those negative comments, you're just going to get older and gray. :laugh:

Go Rachael, Go Alissa, Go Caroline. Go Mirai and Go Alexis!

I think you are trying to press that the hate postings are up by Koreans. Just check the posters' personal channels and see their previous postings, other channels they follow, and their favorite videos. It is pretty obvious of what nationality these people are (down to one country) and it isn't Korea.

If I were from the same country as these idiots, I would go to youtube and reply to their postings by telling them that's enough and they are humiliating their own country and fellow people.

Last edited:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I am not saying that they are all from Koreans. I know there are so many Koreans who love Japanese comics and Chinese videos. Just like my old roommate, some of them used to live in Japan and speak Japanese fluently.
To be honest, I do not care where they are from. Those comments and videos are not worth my time. I am trying to make your life a little easier by suggesting to IGNORE!!!!!!
If you do not want to, that is your choice.

jaws12345

Match Penalty
You cannot be Queen without the haters. All the great queens had them. It comes with the territory.

I understand if these postings are only a few, but more than 20% of daily uploads under her name? And almost none of these postings are even about skating.

Last edited:

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Please, don't start it.
I'll copy what I already said on another forum:

Honestly I don't understand, what's the point in creating such threads? We all know what happens, we all have seen this a lot of times. Some time ago I went in some little research about this topic and you can't imagine what kind of ###### I found. It's so hateful, that it's ridiculous. But what I wouldn't do is create a thread about every thing I found, because that would do no good to anyone.

The person who created that video is not Japanese or Chinese because coward bastards like those people have no nation. And you will do best if you won't pay attention to it. Think about Yuna sometimes. She knows about this forum, maybe she reads it too, do you think she will be glad to see us talking about this trash?

So really, forget about it.

YouTube is a kind of stupid website. They remove figure skating videos and innocent music video clips created by amateurs, but you can easily find videos where people are being killed and tons of other ######. If you want to do something, flag that video and write in the form that it's a worst kind of slandering. But don't expect something, no matter how much flagged the video is, that doesn't matter, so if the "human being", as they call him, thinks that it's ok it won't be removed. There are ways to act in that case, but I won't write them directly here.

If it's possible, close this thread.

I can't agree with this, but let it be...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you post youtube videos, one of your options to not allow any comments. That's what I will be doing in future. And when I turn to other posters videos, it is very easy to go full screen immediately, which blocks the comments.

Jasper

Final Flight
And what exactly is so hard about IGNORING IT?? Be the better person and just ignore it.

I hardly see how ignoring it is the answer. It is really terrible to see these girls (or any athletes for that matter) ridiculed and criticized with cruel, offensive, even racial comments by idiots around the world who do nothing with their lives. It's sad. I don't know what the answer is though. I wish youtube controlled its user comments more and did better to ban those members who abuse the privilege of watching such talent on youtube.

figurejennah

On the Ice
hmmm

I always thought about this, but I really think that a certain skater's "some" fans are just so overwhelmingly crazy and protective of their beloved skater that they do not hesitate to go ahead tn bash out the other "rival" skater.

These fans accuse that yuna's fans are crazy, yuna is over-scored, and blah blah... always blame yuna's fans for being "crazy." But in fact as we can see on youtube, you don't see these incredibly hateful videos of Mao. Do you see videos that talk about "Japan's dirty money, Mao has done plastic surgery," etc videos being uploaded nonstop on youtube?

Some of you say "just ignore" these videos, but even on this forum, I think I read some disrespectful comments about certain skaters, and maybe we ourselves first should change. Posting these ridiculous videos is definitely a cyber terror, and we should all realize that if this continues against Yuna, this ugly rivary will continue. For example, who knows, you might see video clips of Mao's new nose job. :(

Last edited: