48 47.52%
  • Lu Chen

49 48.51%
  • Don't know

4 3.96%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kwan or Chen, 96 Worlds?

Custom Title
    I just rewatched their performances, and I go with MK. they were both splendid that night however, and it was close. mk was simply PERFECTION.

NM Pinon Picker

Thumbs up

:D Michelle

Rinkside
    I feel Lu chen should win for her PERFECT choreography!

Custom Title
    Icenut ITA - MK wins on the spins - which would be a first. Lulu had some real flaws in that area. You tell me where the sit spin is in that program. Alan Weeks who comentated for BBC - he died soon after actually pointed out that the one thing that let lulu down in the program were her spins.

Then there's MK's guts. She caught a rut on her triple toe combo hence the double to finish. We know it was supposed to be 3/3 because she'd landed it pretty much all season. So she throws in that triple toe at 4 minutes dead and I think the judges would have been impressed with that. It showed intelligence, maturity and in no way hindered the program. That's how I saw it anyway.

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Originally posted by floskate
    Then there's MK's guts. She caught a rut on her triple toe combo hence the double to finish. We know it was supposed to be 3/3 because she'd landed it pretty much all season. So she throws in that triple toe at 4 minutes dead and I think the judges would have been impressed with that. It showed intelligence, maturity and in no way hindered the program. That's how I saw it anyway.
    Wasn't the final 3toe planned? It worked so perfectly on the sudden climax of the music. If she'd planned a 3toe3toe instead, what was the end supposed to be like? (A falling leaf maybe?) Or maybe she also practiced it the way she performed it at Worlds, in case she didn't pull the 3-3 off. I just find it interesting because that 3toe didn't look like it was just added on a spur of the moment, to me it was placed perfectly.

Custom Title
    It was supposed to be a double axel. However it was a safety guard if she didn't do the 3/3 and worked perfectly))
    :D

Rinkside
    I went for lulu ,that was an elegant performance.

I think kwan was too young at that time and didn't
    perform the music perfectly!!!

I think kwan's perfect performance was lyra !!!!

Custom Title
    I voted for Lu Chen because I felt that her performance was totally genuine.

Custom Title
    As much as I love Michelle, I think on that night I would have given it to Chen Lu. They were both great, but Chen Lu's skate had more sophistication and it was artistically superior. Michelle skated very well but I would not have given her performance a 6.0 (two judges did).

Vash

Rinkside
    Both Michelle and Lulu were my favorites at the time, so it was very difficult to decide who should have won, and I was sure as heck glad I wasn't one of the judges. But since it was the artistic long program, I'd give it to Lulu. The choreography was just incredibly elegant and beautiful. There was just no other way to describe it. It captured Rachmaninov perfectly and so uniquely from what we saw with M & D at Lillehammer. It was a refreshing variance to that, and I really enjoyed seeing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2