Ladies predictions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies predictions

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh no :cry:

I just saw one of the Japanese practice reports for Miki and Mao, and I have to say Mao does not look too good. Of the jumps that they showed, she under-rotated a triple axel (which she hasn't done in awhile), pop out of one, then step out of a triple loop. A triple loop. Even in practice, when has she stepped out of a triple loop?

Ugh, I hope I'm just over-reacting and that they just showed those three jumping passes out of millions of successful ones.

However, I still stand by my prediction.

Mao, Miki, ? (I sadly don't think we'll see an American on the podium...)

O ye, of little faith.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Oh no :cry:

I just saw one of the Japanese practice reports for Miki and Mao, and I have to say Mao does not look too good. Of the jumps that they showed, she under-rotated a triple axel (which she hasn't done in awhile), pop out of one, then step out of a triple loop. A triple loop. Even in practice, when has she stepped out of a triple loop?

Ugh, I hope I'm just over-reacting and that they just showed those three jumping passes out of millions of successful ones.

However, I still stand by my prediction.

Mao, Miki, ? (I sadly don't think we'll see an American on the podium...)

okay,it's no question that Mao and Miki are two of top.
Mao makes few mistakes in competetion,but she does a lot in EX programs.
anyway hope she could do her best in sp.she might change it if the score doesn't go up even 3a is beautifully done.

mel66

Rinkside
1. Miki
2. Mao
3. Not sure.

I don't think Mao can win Miki unless she corrects her problems with jumps...
(Maybe she could if Miki makes several mistakes)

bekalc

Record Breaker
This is tough because Miki can be inconsistent too but I'm thinking
Miki
Asada
Leonova

newvie

Rinkside
Miki
Mao
Ashley or Alissa

i think the order of Miki and Mao will change near the Grand prix final or the olympics, though

*Ahem* Not to brag or anything, but check out my original prodictions: Czisny, Sebestyen and Leonova on the podium. After the short, I am off by only 0.4 points (Ando inthird ahead of Leonova by that amount. :biggrin:

skfan

Final Flight
*Ahem* Not to brag or anything, but check out my original prodictions: Czisny, Sebestyen and Leonova on the podium. After the short, I am off by only 0.4 points (Ando inthird ahead of Leonova by that amount. :biggrin:

it's one day too early to celebrate, mathman ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker

Not so fast. there's still 2/3 of the event to go :p

This will be a nailbiter. :rock: Less than three points between first and fifth. Plus Asada can make up ground in a hurry!

R.D.

Record Breaker
This will be a nailbiter. :rock: Less than three points between first and fifth. Plus Asada can make up ground in a hurry!

I hope one of Czisny and Wagner can medal (both would be great, but I'll stay realistic here)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I don't see Asada finishing off the podium. Remember at her GP last year (or was it the year before) that was had a nasty short (and was behind Emily Hughes) but cam back and won. Asada's career has been built off coming back after bad shorts. Cziny and Sebeyscen don't stand a chance against mightly mao.

Medusa

Record Breaker

:rofl:

Unfortunately, two of your girls are well-known for bombing like no other. I really need them to bomb by the way, I have 1. Miki, 2. Mao, 3. Ashley. I need at least one or two placements right, I might have a chance at a Top Ten placement in the Official FSU Prediction contest then.

Ahem, of course I want everyone to skate their best tomorrow and nobody should bomb. Then again, if every girl skates to her abilities tomorrow, I don't need anyone to bomb, because Miki's and Mao's abilities are huge.

janetfan

Match Penalty
last time I check it was called a hope :chorus: , rather than a prediction...

I had a hunch Alissa was overdue for a good skate.:yes:
So call it predwishing, or hope,...... or just Alissa showing what she is capable of.
Maybe it is good she stepped out her 2A coz having the lead heading into the LP might have put added pressure on her . (Did I really just say that? :p)

I had Miki first, Mao 2nd and Alissa third. I like my odds at the moment.

With full confidence for a great skate tomorrow I roar out........Go Alissa.!!

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty

Unfortunately, two of your girls are well-known for bombing like no other. I really need them to bomb by the way, I have 1. Miki, 2. Mao, 3. Ashley. I need at least one or two placements right, I might have a chance at a Top Ten placement in the Official FSU Prediction contest then.

Ahem, of course I want everyone to skate their best tomorrow and nobody should bomb. Then again, if every girl skates to her abilities tomorrow, I don't need anyone to bomb, because Miki's and Mao's abilities are huge.

So you are saying, "To bomb, or not to bomb, that is the question." ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker

Ando should be fine, but I think you'll need some help from Asada (mistake-wise) to flip-flop the spots. And good luck on the Wagner one, cause quite frankly I think you're gonna need it! ;)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ando should be fine, but I think you'll need some help from Asada (mistake-wise) to flip-flop the spots. And good luck on the Wagner one, cause quite frankly I think you're gonna need it! ;)

You are probably right. I knew it was a bit of a stretch when I made that prediction with Wagner. Ah well. In the end it's all Brandon Mroz' fault. If it weren't for him, I probably didn't even need to worry about the ladies. What an epic meltdown for the American MiniJoubert.

R.D.

Record Breaker
You are probably right. I knew it was a bit of a stretch when I made that prediction with Wagner. Ah well. In the end it's all Brandon Mroz' fault. If it weren't for him, I probably didn't even need to worry about the ladies. What an epic meltdown for the American MiniJoubert.

In a hopes thread, Wagner would be on my podium but seriously, I'd be surprised to see it happen for real. I think Czisny has a better shot, actually. The Leonova girl might be the safe bet in this situation. Or, maybe there is no safe pick at all after what happened today! :eek: