Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ladies predictions

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Oh no

I just saw one of the Japanese practice reports for Miki and Mao, and I have to say Mao does not look too good. Of the jumps that they showed, she under-rotated a triple axel (which she hasn't done in awhile), pop out of one, then step out of a triple loop. A triple loop. Even in practice, when has she stepped out of a triple loop?

Ugh, I hope I'm just over-reacting and that they just showed those three jumping passes out of millions of successful ones.

However, I still stand by my prediction.

Mao, Miki, ? (I sadly don't think we'll see an American on the podium...)

O ye, of little faith.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Oh no

I just saw one of the Japanese practice reports for Miki and Mao, and I have to say Mao does not look too good. Of the jumps that they showed, she under-rotated a triple axel (which she hasn't done in awhile), pop out of one, then step out of a triple loop. A triple loop. Even in practice, when has she stepped out of a triple loop?

Ugh, I hope I'm just over-reacting and that they just showed those three jumping passes out of millions of successful ones.

However, I still stand by my prediction.

Mao, Miki, ? (I sadly don't think we'll see an American on the podium...)
    okay,it's no question that Mao and Miki are two of top.
    Mao makes few mistakes in competetion,but she does a lot in EX programs.
    anyway hope she could do her best in sp.she might change it if the score doesn't go up even 3a is beautifully done.

Mao
    Miki
    Elena
    Ashley/Alissa

Rinkside
    1. Miki
    2. Mao
    3. Not sure.

I don't think Mao can win Miki unless she corrects her problems with jumps...
    (Maybe she could if Miki makes several mistakes)

This is tough because Miki can be inconsistent too but I'm thinking
    Miki
    Asada
    Leonova

Tripping on the Podium
    Miki
    Mao
    Ashley or Alissa

i think the order of Miki and Mao will change near the Grand prix final or the olympics, though

*Ahem* Not to brag or anything, but check out my original prodictions: Czisny, Sebestyen and Leonova on the podium. After the short, I am off by only 0.4 points (Ando inthird ahead of Leonova by that amount.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    *Ahem* Not to brag or anything, but check out my original prodictions: Czisny, Sebestyen and Leonova on the podium. After the short, I am off by only 0.4 points (Ando inthird ahead of Leonova by that amount.

it's one day too early to celebrate, mathman

Down With It
    Not so fast. there's still 2/3 of the event to go

This will be a nailbiter. Less than three points between first and fifth. Plus Asada can make up ground in a hurry!

Down With It
    This will be a nailbiter. Less than three points between first and fifth. Plus Asada can make up ground in a hurry!
    I hope one of Czisny and Wagner can medal (both would be great, but I'll stay realistic here)

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I don't see Asada finishing off the podium. Remember at her GP last year (or was it the year before) that was had a nasty short (and was behind Emily Hughes) but cam back and won. Asada's career has been built off coming back after bad shorts. Cziny and Sebeyscen don't stand a chance against mightly mao.

Unfortunately, two of your girls are well-known for bombing like no other. I really need them to bomb by the way, I have 1. Miki, 2. Mao, 3. Ashley. I need at least one or two placements right, I might have a chance at a Top Ten placement in the Official FSU Prediction contest then.

Ahem, of course I want everyone to skate their best tomorrow and nobody should bomb. Then again, if every girl skates to her abilities tomorrow, I don't need anyone to bomb, because Miki's and Mao's abilities are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    last time I check it was called a hope :chorus: , rather than a prediction...

I had a hunch Alissa was overdue for a good skate.
    So call it predwishing, or hope,...... or just Alissa showing what she is capable of.
    Maybe it is good she stepped out her 2A coz having the lead heading into the LP might have put added pressure on her . (Did I really just say that? )

I had Miki first, Mao 2nd and Alissa third. I like my odds at the moment.

With full confidence for a great skate tomorrow I roar out........Go Alissa.!!
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-23-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Unfortunately, two of your girls are well-known for bombing like no other. I really need them to bomb by the way, I have 1. Miki, 2. Mao, 3. Ashley. I need at least one or two placements right, I might have a chance at a Top Ten placement in the Official FSU Prediction contest then.

Ahem, of course I want everyone to skate their best tomorrow and nobody should bomb. Then again, if every girl skates to her abilities tomorrow, I don't need anyone to bomb, because Miki's and Mao's abilities are huge.

So you are saying, "To bomb, or not to bomb, that is the question."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast