Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caro this season

Banned
    Unfortunately, she's still the headcase she used to be. If her performance at TEB was of any indication, I saw no improvement in that regard after the coach change.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Unfortunately, she's still the headcase she used to be. If her performance at TEB was of any indication, I saw no improvement in that regard after the coach change.
    Personally, I'd give her a little time first. Even then, all it takes is the right performance at the right event, no matter how much of a "headcase" you are (look at Alyssa Czisny for testimony)

Custom Title
    I think Carolina improved a lot musically this year. She skates with more maturity and she put so much more emotions when she skates especially at SP. People criticizes her jumping techniques and I am not so fond of them either, but I feel as long as she lands those jumps clean, they should not matter so much. There are no rules for scoring based on detailed techniques.It is just like Yukari's case. I think little more speed may help her to clean up jumps.I love her spirals and spins, They are much better than Yuna and Mao's!! I do not think it is even necessary to change those techniques. ( It is too late to change them anyway!!) She can be remembered as the skater with the best spin and spirals with different jumping techniques!!

Go Rachael, Go Caroline, Go Alissa, Go Mirai, Go Alexe, Go Sasha!!!!
    Last edited by PROKOFIEV; 10-19-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I see some improvements that Frank has made with her skating, and hopefully she will have enough trust in her new technique later in the season to make it work. I see that he changed the entrance to her flip which makes it look less telegraphed (always a good thing). Her style looked a bit more "normal" and her catch foot spiral position is a lot better. Nice program, but she really needs a new dress. Has this girl ever worn a good skating dress?

Custom Title
    I am a huge Carolina fan and have always believed in her potential.
    I've seen her in practice and exhibition a lot of times and always thought that she stood out - she has this natural presence and elegance on the ice, in her own way. I see why a lot of people don't like/get her style, but I think THAT is exactly what makes her stand out.
    It's incredible how easily she does all elements in practice, including jumps. Look at her warm up at TEB - she did all jumps perfectly, without hesitation and with perfect landings. Then, 5 minutes later, she messes up most of them. The only thing she lacks to be on that podium is confidence. She is such a headcase and it must be frustrating for her and her team to be working on that, because that is something you can't improve from one day to the other.

I think changing coaches was a good move. It seems like Carroll and her get along well and I can already see some improvements in her skating - her spins have got better, she holds her positions longer and she takes her time for each element. Her steps and spirals have always been amazing IMO.
    Personally, I like both programs, but I find them a bit too "usual" for Carolina. She has always stood out by doing something different, e.g. her The Doors SP, which was just "cool". It was like a breath of fresh air and she really enjoyed skating to it. Again, a lot of people didn't like it because it wasn't a classic ladies' SP, but I just loved it.

I think this year's music is a safe choice, she skates it beautifully, but I wished she would pick something unusual again...

I'm just glad that I can read some encouraging words here on this board. Carolina has been bashed a lot and I don't think she deserves any of it. She is a lovely girl and I wish she could overcome her nerves and show us what she's got in competition. I still haven't given up yet, and I've been her fan since she's come out at Euros 2003 to do two 3-3 combos. It's a rollercoaster being her fan, but I still haven't given up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Nice program, but she really needs a new dress. Has this girl ever worn a good skating dress?
    Oh sure she has! That white number last season was nice, and I liked the pink memoirs of a geisha outfit too. Just my opinion, but worst dressed lady on ice = Oksana Domnina.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2