I am so disappointed | Golden Skate

I am so disappointed

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I was going to watch the skating show on NBC today and they are having paid programming. Wish I knew what to do. I e-mailed the general manager. He's one of those sports nuts that hates figure skating. He had been here years ago and wouldn't show it and now he's back. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:frown::frown2::cry::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tilak

On the Ice
I'm so upset....Even though the NBC tv programming had figure skating listed, there were 2 hours of animated children shows instead....:sheesh:....:cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't complain, instead of skating I got a repeat of my high school winning teh state football championships yesterday (besides I forgot NBC was going to show it). ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
For those that missed it, NBC showed the top 6 men, the top 5 ladies, and the winning FD. The commentators were Andrea Joyce and Scott Hamilton, and David Pelletier (sp?) was on site to give skater interviews. Of course, the usual NBC Sports report took a few minutes at the beginning.

Last edited:

Buzzz

Final Flight
Skating was showed on CBC and will be shown again on CBC tomorrow. I believe so if you live near the border perhaps you could check to see if you get CBC.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I live in Kansas so no way to get it here. Probably start looking to see if someone has one to sell here. Have it set to tape Sunday and hope it shows this time. Hoping they will have lots of calls. I see the manager is retiring so hoping the new guy will show them.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes! I initially thought we weren't getting any skating here but the TV Guide listings just updated and now the skating broadcast shows up :clap: Now I can set my DVR!

Buzzz

Final Flight
The skating will be on CBC again today at 100pm, unfortunately the gymnastics will also be on at roughly the same time over at NBC at 130pm. NBC lists their boardcast of the RC at noon this sunday.

Sk8tr321

Rinkside
I know it is not the same, but you can watch the whole event on icenetwork.com. You have to pay $29 for a year subscription but if you like figure skating you can watch just about every event whenever you want. You can even watch it live as it happens! Regional’s, sectionals, nationals, worlds, GP, etc, etc... And you get the whole thing not just the top 6-10 skaters they show on TV. There is no commentary but I actually prefer it that way.

I connected my laptop to my big flat screen TV and it looks great!

BTW, I am in no way connected with ice network, I just think it is cool.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, I got to watch the Russian comp today.

Halloween on Ice was taped in Omaha Nebraska. It's on next. Now let's see if we get it.

heyang

Record Breaker
My cable package includes Universal Sports - they've replayed Cup Of Russia several times on Friday and Saturday. It's displayed as WNBCDT4

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It happened again today. Taped it while we were gone and it was paid programming but they did show Halloween on Ice. I'd much rather see the competition. We were gone so couldn't tell if it was on Dish Network. It wasn't last week.

Wicked

Final Flight
I connected my laptop to my big flat screen TV and it looks great!BTW, I am in no way connected with ice network, I just think it is cool.

Is this hard to do and could you PM me with instructions on how to do it?

Sk8tr321

Rinkside
Is this hard to do and could you PM me with instructions on how to do it?

It is not hard if you have a monitor that has the correct connector. Most flat screen LDC monitors have a "VGA" and/or "DVI" input. You just need the correct cable. Your laptop or computer most likely has VGA. If you monitor does not have VGA but has DVI you can get a VGA to DVI converter at Radio Shack.