Thread: Mukhortova and Trankov: Breakthrough Win for Russian Duo

News Mukhortova and Trankov: Breakthrough Win for Russian Duo

Winning the Trophée Bompard this weekend was a major breakthrough for Russian pair skaters Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov - not because they beat reigning World Champions Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy of Germany, but mainly because they skated two perfectly clean programs.
    [More]

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    OMG, I am SO THRILLED for Masha & Max!!! Their programs were SO BEAUTIFUL! FINALLY, the breakthrough on the senior circuit that they needed and that I knew they were capable of. It was so wonderful to see 2 clean programs in a competition from them! I really hope they can keep up this momentum because I would seriously love to see them on the Olympic and World podiums!! GO M/T . . . I you guys!!! I hope this gives them some much needed confidence.

I am so pleased for Mukhortova и Trankov... Maxim is so lovely... of course Maria is lovely too.... but hopefully we will see them as next Olympic champions to keep up Russia's streak of pairs Olympic glory... unless Dubé at Davison pull a Salé et Pelletier over getting the wrong color metal like all the drama in 2002...

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    I am so pleased for Mukhortova и Trankov... Maxim is so lovely... of course Maria is lovely too.... but hopefully we will see them as next Olympic champions to keep up Russia's streak of pairs Olympic glory... unless Dubé at Davison pull a Salé et Pelletier over getting the wrong color metal like all the drama in 2002...
    Dube and Davison have little chance at the gold but I think they are strong darkhorses for a medal. S/S, M/T and S/Z are the favorite for the gold I think. By the way, S/P was EIGHT years ago....let it go!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    Maxim is so lovely... of course Maria is lovely too.... but hopefully we will see them as next Olympic champions to keep up Russia's streak of pairs Olympic glory
    I know. It was SO CUTE to see Maxim put the stuffed animal to Masha's cheek and kiss her with it in the kiss & cry after the LP. They were so warm and happy toward one another at the end of their LP, finally all had gone right. I thought they delivered a very convincing Love Story.

Custom Title
    I have never even noticed them until TEB and WOW. I actually felt emotional while watching them. I thought they created a love story of their own. I did not think they were trying to emulate the movie with costuming etc. They had that fabulous Russian pairs "look"with the beatuful skating skills. She also has FABULOUS legs and I loved the ballet tights! I also was blown away with the short. They are my new favorite pair besides S/Z who I will get to see live at Skate America!!!!!

Custom Title
    Don't get too excited yet. They're very inconsistent.

I would love to see them on the podium in Vancouver. They have that classic Russian style, posture, and speed.