2009 Rostelecom Cup of Russia Preview | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2009 Rostelecom Cup of Russia Preview

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
dorispulaski

Sadly, Alissa Czisny is not the dark horse, but the Trojan horse of US Figure Skating.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Origianlly posted by SerpentineSteps ... which is why I feel that USFS should sent Tiger Woods to CoR instead.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've never watched Aliss Czisny skate, but all those outrageous posts make me want to watch at at COR. You know just curious as to how "good" she can be. If not, I wanna see how much she sucks.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I think Rublev/Shefer will be considerably higher than the GS prediction. They were marked way too low in the CD at TEB last week; it was rather a scandal in Russian quarters, as judges placed them behind Gorshkova/Butikov. I think they will be 2nd or 3rd here.
After seeing them at TEB, I agree. I think they will take 2nd or 3rd here. I liked their programs better than what I've seen of C/L, haven't seen C/P yet but I'm still thinking R/S can maybe beat them, too. Will be interesting to see.

herios

Medalist
After seeing them at TEB, I agree. I think they will take 2nd or 3rd here. I liked their programs better than what I've seen of C/L, haven't seen C/P yet but I'm still thinking R/S can maybe beat them, too. Will be interesting to see.

I might be a biased canadian, but I very much doubt that C/P will be beaten here by Rub / Sch, eventhough I haven't seen them skate their new programs.

The young canadians are extremely talented and hard working skaters, who are developing in leaps, technically extremely strong individual skaters, and their programs are mature, well beyond their teenage, full of difficulty.

I am expecting them to give a run for the silver to Capelinni and Lanotte.

And mark my words, in the next Olympic cycle, you will be looking to one of the potential medal winners in Crone / Poirier.

My confidence comes from my observation in the last 2 years since I am seeing them competing, every time they have stepped on the ice, they skated better than before. And their LP music is extremely intriguing, I can hardly wait to see what kind of choreo they could have come up with.