Thread: Pre-competition info

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Pre-competition info

Well I don't know if we are going to know about the rest before competition time, but Johnny has been Twitting recently.

If his last Tweet entry has the time right, he is practicing as we speak since last one said:

Off to practice. I can't believe I'm competing this week, it came so fast! The gang is coming to Moscow tomorrow, happy times.
    about 1 hour ago from web

Custom Title
    Thanks for this, Ximena, I'm getting excited once again, and any little tidbit adds to my excitement!

Custom Title
    Well again, most info comes from Johnny Twitter

Getting colder! 2 practices at Olympiskiy then moving to the official hotel to see the "haus." Mama, Diane, Cindy, Tara, Jamie and David!
    about 5 hours ago from web
    And apparently he was in the same building with Safin.

Custom Title
    Seeing tennis players in the stands at CoR would make my year (my worlds colliding!). Alisa Kleybanova is an admitted Plushy uber. I'm half expecting her to show up with a banner.

None of the figure skating men can compare with Marat

Custom Title
    I'm a huge tennis fan, so seeing both skaters and tennis players in Moscow at the same time (thanks to the schedule change) is wonderful.

This reminds me of when Stefan Edberg showed up at Worlds in Gothenberg with his kids. I had not seen him on camera in years. It was such pleasant surprise. Hopefully competitors in both event will take some free time to check out the other sport.

Custom Title
    No new tweets from Johnny but Mishin was a the press conference in Moscow, so I imagine Plushenko is already there

http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20091020/189784315.html . Just Mishin's quotes.

"We are not getting ready for a medal, we are getting ready to fight for a medal. There's still many issues to solve, all Evgeni's achievements are the result of his persistence and dedication".

"He's lost 9 to 9.5 kg. He's not only working with dedication on the ice, he is focus on a personal level, he is charged into battle. You can't drag someone to the top of the Olympics, he must climb there by himself. That is the state Evgeni is right now."

Plushenko's coach stated that his student, the Grand Prix held in Moscow on October 23-25, is "an important milestone, but it is not the tournament, which it should be judged whether he is ready or not." "This is just one of the stages of preparation for the Olympics", - said Mishin.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximena View Post
    And apparently he was in the same building with Safin.
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    None of the figure skating men can compare with Marat
    Totally agree about Marat's hot looks.
    So sad he's retiring though.
    Men's tennis won't be the same again!

Back on topic, thank you so much for the pics and the times, especially.
    I have to go to bed now, but I will wake up anxious and excited!
    Looking forward to watching Plushy skating most of all.