Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts on TEB

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Did you really just say that?
    Yes..... what are you saying?
    You didn't notice them at all??? (if you watched their free, that is.)
    I guess the top part of her dress was fitted too tight, or she just has large chest.
    But it was definitely way past noticeable.

Considering the tone of their music and the rest of their get-up, I don't believe it was intentional.
    Of course, if they knew and didn't mind it at all, then I have nothing more to add to this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    Yes..... what are you saying?
    You didn't notice them at all??? (if you watched their free, that is.)
    I guess the top part of her dress was fitted too tight, or she just has large chest.
    But it was definitely way past noticeable.

Considering the tone of their music and the rest of their get-up, I don't believe it was intentional.
    Of course, if they knew and didn't mind it at all, then I have nothing more to add to this subject.
    Girls have breasts...they are normally noticeable. I don't quite get what the problem is...

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Girls have breasts...they are normally noticeable. I don't quite get what the problem is...
    Uhm... her tits... as if she was wearing no bra.
    Okay, never mind.
    I guess I was just overly struck by it because apart from dancing, I had never noticed the ladies wearing anything that reveals too much.

Oh, and to add, also because they were skating to "The Way We Were" and were basically dressed up like Amish people, especially Jessica with her hair and everything.
    Last edited by *Sniper*; 10-19-2009 at 04:00 PM.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Yikes!!! (about the boobs...and seriously....if we are going down that road..I will just say this...Elene!!

Anyway here are my thoughts about the TEB....

Adam Rippon....You have a new fan here!! A really huge fan!! I never really followed juniors that closely and maybe I should have!!

Carolina...apparently coaching was not her issue her head is! I was like deja vu from worlds...but in a smaller time frame!

Brian....he claims he needs more training..I am going to say he needs a better excuse, a new costume that doens't include netting and some new music.

S&S.....I have never seen anyone falls on those moves! That's just bad really bad. They almost looked like they wanted to stop their program....maybe they should have...and really the clown faces in the short...bad just bad!!

D&D..it's an ok program but Jamie and David you are not.

Yu-Na....why bother going to the Olympics...just take the gold medal now....stay home and let them battle it out for the silver and bronze.

Inoue and Baldwin...whatever you do...don't ever leave Jenni and Todd! You were like a new pair team out there!!

Dance......please who picked folk music...if I heard another country and western song or music I was going to scream!! I am sure there are like 10 other teams out there using country and western music.....please rethink this. It was like three in a row at TEB! And I would also like to add Russian folk music in there as well.
    Last edited by sillylionlove; 10-19-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Yikes!!! (about the boobs...and seriously....if we are going down that road..I will just say this...Elene!!
    Yes, Elene has breasts. She's curvier than most female skaters. Should she hide this? That's such a great message to younger girls in the sport .

Adam Rippon....You have a new fan here!! A really huge fan!! I never really followed juniors that closely and maybe I should have!!
    You should have. He was even better at 2009 Junior Worlds. If you are going to follow juniors, check out Yuzuru Hanyu, who's just fantastic and not yet 15.

Brian....he claims he needs more training..I am going to say he needs a better excuse, a new costume that doens't include netting and some new music.
    Saying you need more training is not an excuse. Blaming external reasons is an excuse. He probably does need more training; he's been so focused on getting his LP right, it's probably a distraction by now.

So true about the SP costume. The amazing thing is that it is even worse in person - shinier and more see-through. I wish he'd wear something simple and athletic like he does for exhibitions.
    D&D..it's an ok program but Jamie and David you are not.
    That's a good thing.

Dance......please who picked folk music...if I heard another country and western song or music I was going to scream!! I am sure there are like 10 other teams out there using country and western music.....please rethink this. It was like three in a row at TEB! And I would also like to add Russian folk music in there as well.
    Folk ODs were awesome! It was so voidy. I had a fantastic time watching and the costumes were hilarious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    And I have enough Alllleeeeeeeeeeeeez for a life time

Glad I met the girls from here
    OMG the 'alleeez' thing was so annoying! I blame that for Brian's consistency in doing badly in France. I would do badly too if people screamed 'alleeeeez' at me like that!

It was indeed fun to meet people from GS!

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot for the information on I&B

Men

Oda's "Chaplin" LP will certainly become of the highlights of the season and might be a signature piece for him, but his SP left me puzzled. "Fast & Furious" is not exactly the style I associate with him and while he did the elements very well I could not get an "overall" picture. He clearly won the LP hands down, excellent quality of every single element + equally strong character interpretation, but overall impression is a bit juniorish for me. I don't know if it's the theme or his size or combination of both, but he just does not have the presence some other competitors do. I think even Rippon skates "bigger".

At the press conference Verner launched into some 5-minute long speech to explain the story behind his short program, which is quite an achievement considering how little choreography he actually has in it. Still he was in league of his own in the SP, even though at the moment he seems to falling off and back into the music. A new "somber" image in the LP was unexpected, but it seems to work for him. 4T3T was a thing of beauty, but I guess he just cannot avoid missing "easier" triples in the second half...

Rippon was a pleasure to watch, so smooth and fluid, but I cannot get rid of the feeling that if you take out two 3A attempts his LP would be a perfect program for Kim. I could almost picture her doing it... very distracting. "Double-tano" lutz was cool, but seemed to be underrotated. Kudos on landing 3A in SP.

Joubert's SP did not get any better with time and without jumps it was almost painful to watch. His LP, however, is pretty good by his standarts, it's powerful and not too challenging choreographically, but at the same time it does not look completely pointless and does create a certain image. I wonder what is wrong with him, his jumps simply do not work. He looked very thin, with much sharper facial features than I remember from the past, I wonder if he was ill...

Ponsero has grown on me in the past couple of season, but he does need to land those jumps to be competitive. Preaubert improved his posture somewhat, but his SP is just lame, not even remotely funny. LP is slightly better (at least it is not as uncomfortable to watch), but empty.

Voronov was challenging Yagudin in SP and left a lot to be desired. But 4T3T combination was great, I think it might have been the first time he landed it (he used to do 4-2 in the past). How disappointing it must be to have pretty much a skate of your life to be compeletely overlooked by both jugdes and audience. LP was disappoining.

China's Chao Yang has the most weird music arrangment in his LP, kind of "oops, my iPod got stuck of shuffle", three or four competely unrelated tunes. Nice jumps, though.

Chipeur's opening 3A in the long was great, but I do not think I remember anything else from either of his programs.

Bradley was obviously aiming for entertaining in both programs, but fell short.
    Last edited by Anna; 10-20-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Rippon was a pleasure to watch, so smooth and fluid, but I cannot get rid of the feeling that if you take out two 3A attempts his LP would be a perfect program for Kim. I could almost picture her doing it... very distracting. "Double-tano" lutz was cool, but seemed to be underrotated. Kudos on landing 3A in SP.
    Rippon's SP was great. I thought he was a bit undermarked there.

Joubert's SP... looked very thin, with much sharper facial features than I remember from the past, I wonder if he was ill...
    He said after the Masters that he was overweight and needed to lose some weight, which he then did. I wonder if this left him with stamina issues. Again, as I wrote elsewhere, Brian often struggles at the start of the season, so I'm waiting to see what kind of form he'll be in for NHK. Hopefully much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

So true about the SP costume. The amazing thing is that it is even worse in person - shinier and more see-through. I wish he'd wear something simple and athletic like he does for exhibitions.
    And that's a bad thing?

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    He said after the Masters that he was overweight and needed to lose some weight, which he then did. I wonder if this left him with stamina issues. Again, as I wrote elsewhere, Brian often struggles at the start of the season, so I'm waiting to see what kind of form he'll be in for NHK. Hopefully much better!
    Well, I'm not so certain that it is just timing. I've seen his early in the season skates from Masters and whatever first GP event he picked in the past few seasons, plus I've seen him live at TEB since like 2002 and what he did last week was a new low. That SP performance was just a disaster and the LP was only marginally better, even though it does not look quite that bad on the paper, with only opening quads missed completely, the real life impression was much worse.

But I also hope to see him in much better form at NHK.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Sniper, I'm glad you mentioned the uh, boobage, of the ladies. I definitely saw it, and thought I was just awful for noticing. At least I'm not alone.

Re Carolina's wardrobe malfunction- you'd think that after what happened to Rubleva last year these ladies would be more careful, but nooooo! Say it with me now- DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Sniper, I'm glad you mentioned the uh, boobage, of the ladies. I definitely saw it, and thought I was just awful for noticing. At least I'm not alone.

Re Carolina's wardrobe malfunction- you'd think that after what happened to Rubleva last year these ladies would be more careful, but nooooo! Say it with me now- DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!

What wardrobe malfunction? Do tell!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    as well as the entire French team (though I think nobody saw Brian).
    The first skater I saw in Paris was Brian, and I have a picture with him (we even gave him a present)

I fell in love with Rippon in this GP, in the ice but also outside it. And I thought I couldn't love Kerrs even more, but after meeting them (quite a few times, actually) I saw it was possible

We had lots of fun with Javier Fernandez and his problems for signing pics and the japanese fans had lots of fun with us I felt like a rockstar surrounded by so many flashes (I think the rest of the arena hated us a looooot)

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post

THANK YOU!!!
    I'm so happy and RELIEVED that somebody saw it the way I did.
    With everyone else seemingly having such a cool, European attitude about this, I was really beginning to wonder if it was just me.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    What wardrobe malfunction? Do tell!!
    I put it this way- at the end of her SP, Carolina showed a bit more of herself than she meant to. You can see it clearly in the video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast