Emily Hughes on the Today Show this morning (Oct 22) | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes on the Today Show this morning (Oct 22)

isk82

On the Ice
She looks awesome!! And so mature. I wish Emily nothing but the best in her comeback.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her skating appears to be more delicate.

Why was she on the show??? I'm at work so I couldn't have the volume up.

Wrlmy

Medalist
She actually looks better than ever! I hope she will win the sectionals, and I wish her the best at Nats.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Always a joy to see Emily on the ice, back & fighting hard, will be cheering her on all the way!

:party2:GOOOOO EMILY!!!!!!!:love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just an aside but I find it striking that one of the skaters who typically gets among the highest amounts of criticism suddenly has (almost) everyone backing her :scratch:

:chorus:

She performed better - no mistakes. What's the mystery?

I'm surprised too. She looks good. This is going to be such a heart-breaking Nationals! It's totally unclear who will get that second spot (besides the Rachael machine).

merrybari

Final Flight
She performed better - no mistakes. What's the mystery?

I'm surprised too. She looks good. This is going to be such a heart-breaking Nationals! It's totally unclear who will get that second spot (besides the Rachael machine).

It's totally unclear to me who will get either spot. Who do you think has a lock on one of them already? Curious minds want to know.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've always liked Emily, and hope she has a great season, no matter what the outcome.

antmanb

Record Breaker
It's totally unclear to me who will get either spot. Who do you think has a lock on one of them already? Curious minds want to know.

I'm guessing that since spunsilver ended her post iwth "besides the Rachel machine", that she thinks Rachel Flatt will take one of the spots ;)

Ant

janetfan

Match Penalty
Have the US Ladies sunk so low that we are now reduced to cheering wildly for Emilie's "clean skate" on the Today Show? ;) :)

I was never a big fan of Emilies skating - but after seeing her on the Today Show I remembered that this young lady has such a lovely spirit.
It was very nice seeing her and it is hard not to like her.
I wish her all the best this season.

Wicked

Final Flight
I saw Emily at the Michael Weiss show last month. I thought she looked okay but not great. I didn't see her appearance on the Today show. Gail, I know you were at the Mike Weiss show too and I'd love to know if you think Emily looks better now compared to last month.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Emily Hughes on the Today Show this morning

I've always loved Emily's personality. It's apparent to me that Emily is skating more maturely. I wish her lots of luck in her attempt to make the Olympic team.

Dizzy