Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Men Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    Rustiness, my @#$!!!! and judges agree. If not for Plushenko, we might soon have men and women competitions combined. Welcome back, Plushy!!!!!!!

would't agree more Oxade21, the return of Plushy and Lambiel has at least ensured quad combo in sp, which was absent from the competition for a long time. with yuna scoring 210 points without triple axel and with missing a jump (Make it two because women have one jump less in their Lp), i wonder whether present crop of men could actually beat Yuna.
    Last edited by life684; 10-24-2009 at 05:48 AM.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    ^ ITA; skaters that interpet with there face always seem to get more points than skaters that skate with their actual body eventhough this is athletic sport; Figure Skating is one of the few sports where facial express is as important as what your body is doing.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    won't agree more Oxade21, the return of Plushy and Lambiel has at least ensured quad combo in sp, which was absent from the competition for a long time. with yuna scoring 210 points without triple axel and with missing a jump (Make it two because women have one jump less in their Lp), i wonder whether present crop of men could actually beat Yuna.
    Do Oda and Joubert and Verner not exist

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    Do Oda and Joubert and Verner not exist
    they do exist, but they have a problem of consistency. The above mentioned men either don't do quad in sp or have serious problems when they do it sp. If these men where jumping things to their potential i wonder whether like of Plushy would have retuned.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Actually, it's Plushenko's hip that has proven more enduring. Yagudin wrecked his body trying to skate competitively, and was forced to retire - though he continues to do many shows
    I stand corrected. Gosh, I think I even remember hearing about this hip but then I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    A question: would that possibly have anything to do with the current state of the Russian figure skating, at least the men's singles?

Regardless, it's good to see him back on the ice, and I see that his hair style has also not changed.
    Perhaps...but I do wonder if he would lose that much of a competitive edge. Haha! I noticed his hair, too!

katha - scoring analysis.

Custom Title
    I have just watched Plushenko, Kozuka, and Weir's SP on Youtube. The first impression:

Amazing come back for Plushenko. He 100% deserved to be first. I am a little too sensitive about the flailing arm now which made me dislike his SP choreography a little. But no matter what, he gave me the chill and goose bumps. I admire him in many ways. I'm happy for him.

I like Kozuka's SP, sophisticated and beautiful. But to beat Plushenko? No way, not a chance.

Johnny is Johnny. I think we have already seen all he can do by now. So that's what he can do. I still like his skating. It gave you an unearthly beauty, doesn't belong to anywhere. It's purely beautiful. But he cannot compete. Just enjoy his skating while he is here.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 10-24-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I like Kozuka's SP, sophisticated and beautiful. But to beat Plushenko? No way, not a chance.
    He had FAR better spins and better presentation. Why did he not deserve to win? Plushenko doubled his Lutz, so that takes away from his technical advantage in the jumps.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    he covered the lutz with big Goes in the the other two jumps.
    But i would be fine with Kozuka first in Sp cause he was just awesome, his sp is maybe one of the best this season along with takahashi.
    His lp is not so powerful, something with the music is wrong, it doesnt climate, and I hate he wears two size larger shirts, he looks small that way. Only judging by the program, best Lp is Amodio;s by far, the man is an artist, his program is great and works the audience and he is really having the best choreo!
    By the way did Johhny decided to do the plushy way in Lp..?First 4 jumps (i think) in a row?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15