Men Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

enlight78

Medalist
his footwork looks labored to and not to much upperbody movement at the waiste i wonder what levels he get.

Nadine

Record Breaker
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!111:love::rock::clap::love::bow:

4/3 & 3A looked absolutely FABULOUS! Just doubled one triple jump, minor stumble on step sequence, fab spins, great start to the season thus far.

Chills, I have honest to God chills running down my spine, excitement, ahhh, almost in tears, not yet, chillls.......:bow:

GORGEOUS RECEPTION FROM THE AUDIENCE, LIKE THE KING HE IS!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
4t-3t, cool move into 3axel, very short while later step into 2 lutz. He's just amazing...

newvie

Rinkside
Sadly, the rink isn't full up, possibly 75% full, which is better than TEB, which looked like a poor turn out, half empty. :frown:

Well, i was at TEB and they didn't let us go to the other side. What I mean is that they let the one side empty for the press on purpose- which remained 6~70% empty the whole day. To be honest, it was still okay during the men's part, but as soon as the ladies' competition started, it was a bit too packed on the audience's side. Stupide organization.

Even for the LP day when they sold tickets by categories of seats, they packed the one side first and allowed the press side later. Is it the same for other competitions?

Anyway it's good to hear that there're a lot of audience at the COR

enlight78

Medalist
Once again his Pcs I don't understand how Plushenko gets 38 while Oda only gets 34 in the short;

gracefulswan

On the Ice
holy crap! thought plush was gonna fall on the quad as he slapped both hands down on one during the warm-up! great job coming through! he's got some nerves!

i'm not in love with the program, but you gotta say, this program is non-stop footwork. the spins could improve.

ah! damn! doubled the lutz.... not a bad debut

Medusa

Record Breaker
Yeah Plushy! That should fire the others up. If they don't put 4-3s in their short programs, they might be toast before the long program even begins. Finally some suspense. Chan might succeed without 4-3 and get a high score - but for a skater like Lysacek it's a clear message: get the 4-3 in the short.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
82.25? That skate was worth 78-79, IMHO.

well, he probably got hefty +GOEs on his first 2 jumping passes. they were breathtaking.... couldn't really not give them +2 to +3 marks. while some might not like his style per se, his speed is phenomenal.... the ease of stroking and the tech. aspect....esp. in the short where this is important....is highlighted.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
well, he probably got +GOEs on his first 2 jumping passes. they were breathtaking.... couldn't really not give them plus marks. while some might not like his style per se, his speed is phenomenal.... the ease of stroking and the tech. aspect....esp. in the short where this is important....is highlighted.
I don't have a problem with + goes on his 1st 2 jumping passes.

Just that Verner was so much better only one week ago, and he had 81.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This young one from RUS is a great jumper, just a minor fall on one spin, otherwise he will be Evgeni's successor in the future possibly. Bright future ahead of him. :)

And he goes into 2nd place with a score of 65.10 :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with + goes on his 1st 2 jumping passes.

Just that Verner was so much better only one week ago, and he had 81.
Thanks. Good point there. But Verner got nearly the same on PCS as far as I remember, his TES was lower though. It was because of those spin levels, and the relatively small GOE he received (4-3 nearly into the boards, 3A nearly underrotated, 3 Lutz was quite low).