Men Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh Boy Takahiko rocked that SP, loved it. I think his score is a little low. JMO

6.90 PC for TR. I guess the judges saw something I did not.

Medusa

Record Breaker
After the GPF last year Kozuka must have done something to annoy the judges.

Lower PCS than Weir, seriously?

Ximena

Final Flight
OMG I didn't realise Kevin was on this comp, I thought he retired!
Why would I think that?
GO KEVIN!!!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I agree! He is consistently robbed in PCS every competition. It's a shame!

Do they give him lower PCS because he is so shy? Maybe they don't feel enough emotion from him? I personally think he's wonderful though! Excellent skating skills!

Medusa

Record Breaker
OMG I didn't realise Kevin was on this comp, I thought he retired!
Why would I think that?
GO KEVIN!!!
Because since he won Bronze at Euros last year, he skates as if he was retired and only doing it for fun?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker

Daisuke's back, Takahiko's become No 3 on his national team, that's all.

Yeah, seems like Johnny beats him there. I have no idea why.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I don't like the music or the costume, but I think he landed all his jumps, not bad, not bad.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
i don't know, i rather prefer weir's short to that of kazuka's.... sure do. i think the judges got this right. weir's routine was so nice....if skated clean (AND with more difficulty...that 3/2 won't cut it), can be over 80 even without the quad...

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
Apparently 3-2.

Disappointing start into the season for him. A clean short with the simple jumping content (meaning no Quad) is everything these days.

Plus I am again so disappointed in his music choices, why some crappy pseudo-latin music, is he too good for some Piazolla or some other sophisticated Latin-style music?

DiBlasio is one of the most famous pianist in Central and South America, however I wouldn't have chosen that particular piece. He has others that are much more "skateable" than that.

Medusa

Record Breaker

Yeah, seems like Johnny beats him there. I have no idea why.
That's no excuse. He is a freaking genius on ice, I also love Dai - but Taka is just supernatural on ice.

Going to look for my Kozuka banner, I don't know where I stored it...

coconutpunch

Rinkside
Taka must have received a low level spin or step too - his tech score is usually much better than this when he skates clean.

Trewyn

Medalist
Kevin doubles his axel.. He looks like he's trying to be more artistic. That's good; it still seems to be a little unnatural for him. And too many sit spins! He needs a little more attack. Oh that's cute Jenna in the Kiss & Cry with him. They're both so nice people!
He looks disappointed... Hope he still scores relatively well... Hmm... he can make up in the long with a triple-triple-triple..Too bad he's down to the first WUG...

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
That's no excuse. He is a freaking genius on ice, I also love Dai - but Taka is just supernatural on ice.

It shouldn't be this way, of course. But Oda was very strong last week at TEB, Dai won FT with two beatuful routines. I guess Takahiko will be awating his turn.

Medusa

Record Breaker
It shouldn't be this way, of course. But Oda was very strong last week at TEB, Dai won FT with two beatuful routines. I guess Takahiko will be awating his turn.
It still bothers me. And it's not like Taka is super young. If the Japanese are so good that they could actually sweep the podium in Vancouver, than they should be allowed to do so.

Found my banner. Will go pouting now.

herios

Medalist

That is a complete BS. Number 3 japanese, and what does have to do with the scoring here? The judges have robbed him. the judging is simply ridiculous.
He is completely underrated and I cannot comprehend what the hell they are looking at. This is depressing

enlight78

Medalist
Kuzuka had the best program followed by Artem; Plushenko wowed me with th jumps but program was meh; johnny needs a whole new short program and costume IMHO