Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 218

Thread: Men Short Program

  1. #136
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by roma View Post
    Go, JWe! Believe it! Good luck in the long.

  2. #137
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Good news - Plushenko was offered Skate America. That surprises me actually, since the roster for the men at Skate America looked more like: "Let's give Evan Lysacek a huge and nearly unmissable chance to win this for the first time in his career." Plushenko is thinking about it.

    Also, it would make the GPF look a little less than a cheesefest, because till now it looks like that: no Chan, no Lambiel, no Joubert...

    According to the isu website....Igor Macypura has taken that spot at Skate America. Currently, there are no empty spots in the mens roster.

  3. #138
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Based on SP performance, Rippon also has Weir beat as for right now.
    A clean Rippon looks better to me than a clean Johnny at this point.
    Was Johnny really skating a Wilson choreo? Looked mostly like same old Johnny except for some of the steps.

  4. #139
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    According to the isu website....Igor Macypura has taken that spot at Skate America. Currently, there are no empty spots in the mens roster.
    Hmm, Plushenko just said it, minutes ago at the press conference. So I don't know, maybe something changed since they last updated the page.

  5. #140
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Good news - Plushenko was offered Skate America. That surprises me actually, since the roster for the men at Skate America looked more like: "Let's give Evan Lysacek a huge and nearly unmissable chance to win this for the first time in his career." Plushenko is thinking about it.

    ...
    Are you sure?? The roster of SA has already been updated with Igor Macypura replacing Takahito Mura and there are no free spots left according to ISU page :

    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1631

    Can they retire one invitation from a skater if its already been assigned??

  6. #141
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Whooo hooo, just saw Plush (the only one i couldnt see during live stream).. To everyone everywhere who raised eyebrows at him, may I just say
    I didnt like it at Russian nationals but today,
    I was so bored of "transitional" skating, this just made my day!

  7. #142
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Good news - Plushenko was offered Skate America. That surprises me actually, since the roster for the men at Skate America looked more like: "Let's give Evan Lysacek a huge and nearly unmissable chance to win this for the first time in his career." Plushenko is thinking about it.

    Also, it would make the GPF look a little less than a cheesefest, because till now it looks like that: no Chan, no Lambiel, no Joubert...
    Hm... that will certainly make SA a bit more exciting.

    Joubert isn't done yet? If others bomb or wd, he'll be there.

  8. #143
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    A clean Rippon looks better to me than a clean Johnny at this point.
    Was Johnny really skating a Wilson choreo? Looked mostly like same old Johnny except for some of the steps.
    I prefer Adam over Johnny too. My dream USA mens' team is: 1. Abbott, 2. Rippon, and 3. Weir.

  9. #144
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Hmm, Plushenko just said it, minutes ago at the press conference. So I don't know, maybe something changed since they last updated the page.

    It appears that the page was just updated today as Igor Macypura was not on there yesterday.

  10. #145
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Are you sure?? The roster of SA has already been updated with Igor Macypura replacing Takahito Mura and there are no free spots left according to ISU page :

    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1631

    Can they retire one invitation from a skater if its already been assigned??
    Not sure about that but agree adding plushy to SA would be good for both SA and as noted particularly for the GPF.
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-23-2009 at 08:53 AM.

  11. #146
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Damn, all I have to say is that if Plushenko skates like this at the Olympics, then it might be over for the other men. I hope the other guys are watching this performance and be prepared to fight for gold.

  12. #147
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I want Plushenkofest
    Posts
    923
    When I saw the withdrawal from SA, I thought for a while they may give it to Plushenko, but since it seems it has been filled, it seems that is no longer a possibility.

    It would have been nice, Evgeni has not done SA since 1998.

  13. #148

  14. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Not sure about that but agree adding plushy to SA would be good for both SA and as noted particularly for the GPF.
    It would be great for the Grand Prix of course but I don't think is fair for the rejected skater (poor Macypura). I'm actually surprised Lambiel has not been invited. More likely he's not interested because I really doubt the federations didn't think of him as their first choice for a replacement. And I think he should have another competition before Euros cause he wasn't great at Nebelhorn.

  15. #150
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Are you sure?? The roster of SA has already been updated with Igor Macypura replacing Takahito Mura and there are no free spots left according to ISU page
    It's what I just read.

    Lambiel said that he didn't want to do GP assignments outside of Europe now.

    I love Plushenko's camel, you see all his ballet training there. He really needs to work on the speed in the footwork, Lysacek does flailing unmusically to the music better and faster these days.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •